• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

UNO Card Blast 2 - A recreation of the #1 card game in SRB2

CloneFighter

Mediocre Lua scripter
SRB2COVR.png

Here we go again, The #1 iconic friendship ruining card game everyone loves, now recreated in a different game a third time!​

If you don't know the rules already, it's simple - get rid of all your cards to win!
Place down the cards that match the discard pile by number or color, into the discard pile itself.
Stuck with no cards that match? Draw from the draw pile.
attachment.php

You can also use different event cards to hinder your opponents - for example, if you put down a SKIP card, the next one in order skips their turn.
attachment.php
WILD cards are your go-to tool if you've run out of cards to use - you can select a color that takes play using one. Don't use them every time you get one, though...
attachment.php

On top of the default theme, you can also play the alternate theme featuring all the SRB2 characters! Flicky and Chaos Emeralds included. Toggle with console variable cardtheme.
SRB2YEL7.png
If I ever complete the project (hopefully I do), this will be my first mod with (EDIT: ACTUAL) console variables (- I usually replicate them with console commands. Not this time!).
I'll fill this out with more questions as they come down the road.

Q: Will there be extra features (e.g. stacking draw cards)?
A: Every other iteration of UNO outside of UNO does, so expect it coming here too

Q: Will I be able to make custom cards for this?
A: Good question, I actually don't know. Maybe you will be able to add custom themes in which the custom cards can be used? Make sure the theme is available to the console though. The cards' dimensions are 58x86.

Q: Will you release the card sheet for the SRB2 theme so I can play SRB2 UNO at home?
A: When I finish it, sure. Make sure to upscale it though, so the cards won't turn out tiny.

Q: Can I help you with scripting this?
A: Of course! I actually JUST got into scripting for SRB2 (as of creation of this thread), so I'm not very knowledgeable with Lua.

Q: How many players are supported in netplay?
A: Four, with spectators. And don't expect bots coming any time soon.
Nevertheless, hype is coming down for SRB2 this year.

Attachments

• UNO_GRN1.png
    UNO_GRN1.png
    1,015 bytes · Views: 2,181
  • UNO_REDS.png
    UNO_REDS.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 2,051
  • UNO_WILD.png
    UNO_WILD.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 2,049
  • UnoRB2 documents.zip
    99.3 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Actually, don't answer. I went with blue.

Normal theme:
attachment.php

SRB2 theme:
attachment.php

EDIT: Just read the replies above.
I actually think the reverse card should be the Elemental Shield, because fire and water are polar opposites, but the elemental shield has both.
I went with Eggman because he mixes up things lol. Nice idea, though.
Red, green, blue, and yellow. The Teleport Monitor Icon's colors.
I meant the card's main color - the one it has to match to be able to be played on a number or Skip.
Also, the Wild cards already have those.

Attachments

• BLUE_REVERSE.png
    BLUE_REVERSE.png
    1 KB · Views: 1,780
  • BLUE_REVERSE_ALT.png
    BLUE_REVERSE_ALT.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,769
Last edited:
Progress report
  • Made a mock-up of the title screen image - see the post above
  • Created a guide for getting into UNO Robo Blast 2 - download above (modding manual done as I finish coding this)
  • Completed the design for the Draw 2 and Wild Draw 4 cards (not for the SRB2 theme, not yet)
  • Changed the name from "SRB2 UNO" to "UNO Robo Blast 2"

Attachments

• UNO_YELD.png
    UNO_YELD.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 478
  • UNO_WDR4.png
    UNO_WDR4.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
Aw, missed opportunity—the reverse card should totally be the Recycler Monitor.
You see, the Recycler monitor is technically not a character - it's an object. But so are the Chaos Emeralds. But Chaos Emeralds actually matter to the plot of Sonic games. The Recycler Monitor is just an item. Then again, so are the Flickies. Except these lil' birds also matter-
How did I not think of this?
Maybe a third theme can come soon, with all the monitor icons as the icons. I could even make a custom icon representing the 2 and 4 cards for the Draw 2 and Wild Draw 4, respectively.

getting the 7 chaos emeralds in uno to become super sonic and be able to spam all of your cards in one turn, essentially making the game unfair and boring? that sounds great

Maybe you should show some screenshots/gifs of it ingame...? Atm this seems like more of a concept thread then something with actual progress.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back