So someone is stealing from me

Expert

huh--
So we are having a problem, This MTY_Armadilo5 on the discord are stealing are things that we said not to show to other people and claiming we stole.

https://mb.srb2.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=43024&d=1606789768

So here's the sprite we told him NOT to show and he showed it anyway (keep in mind that is not the final sprite) and he proceeded to say we stole and he's working on ova now and Im the person who first started working on ova (And we're still working on him) So I feel like I should just announce this because im sick and tired of people running over me.

Attachments

• #spriting - Google Chrome 11_30_2020 8_27_26 PM (2).png
    #spriting - Google Chrome 11_30_2020 8_27_26 PM (2).png
    141.4 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:
Why are ppl such a cowards and so lazy to do their own work? i mean, you can edit anything you want, but you need owner's perms to post it, or if you do your own, at least try it, doesnt matter how bad it looks. You can anyways improve later or earlier.

Before people start defending expert here, that sprite looks kinda traced. This here is by edgyman rev#8527

Screenshot_20201130-195733_Pixel_Studio.jpg

And this is your sprite
Screenshot_20201130-021301_Pixel_Studio.jpg

Here's both of them overlayed

iodusgiokbjfdoikgj.png

It's not a perfect match, but the similarities are kinda sus ngl

Before people start defending expert here, that sprite looks kinda traced. This here is by edgyman rev#8527

And this is your sprite

iodusgiokbjfdoikgj.png

Well, gotta admit you got a point

And this is your sprite

iodusgiokbjfdoikgj.png

the sprite i made is based off of this pic plus how did i trace his sprite when im banned and i didnt even know that sprite existed

Attachments

• #😀🖐main-chat - Discord 11_30_2020 9_42_54 PM.png
    #😀🖐main-chat - Discord 11_30_2020 9_42_54 PM.png
    645.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
... off topic but... ... I AM SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE USING PIXEL STUDIO

Alright but back on topic this is why I never really show off art work and it's because it's almost entirely traced art work from people I don't know about and I think the lesson of the day is that stealing in general by saying it's your own stuff is as Sonic would say

So don't steal art from others even if you really want to because it's the worst thing that you can do to an artist especially if they're making money off of art.
Welp end of lesson of the day.

So... he traced an pixel art, that is an traced fanart...

OMG THE DOUBLE STEAL!?!?!?!!

nah jk, but seriously, this got serious.

like I said that sprite isn't the final sprite I was trying to see what I can do with that signal sprite and plus that's the only one I found of reference to and we were going to use that sprite anyway, that MTY Armadillo guy I told him not to show that to everyone, and since this is some what becoming an problem ill just not use that sprite

Last edited:
Well, there's really no way of us verifying anything for sure.

Tracing art and calling it your own is lame, don't do it.

But if you were just tracing for practice, like you said, and someone skewed it as you stealing, well, I guess you probably shouldn't share your endeavours with that person anymore, huh!

I don't know what the story behind it all is, and it really didn't need to be brought onto the MB, but I understand why you did. It's up to you to take away from this situation whatever you need to regarding tracing and friends.

This is kind of...odd.
Why would you even trace my sprite knowing that it's
old unfinished work?

Or even if you didn't know, why would you make such claims that "others" are copying you knowing that you deliberately (or not) traced over fan art as a reference to that one?

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

i saw this traced sprite yesterday
looks weird whenever i see it

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

also, dont credit me.
credit this guy: https://mb.srb2.org/member.php?u=7949 i was only fixing up his sprites for fun

My mod isn't cancelled, I just went through a strenuous amounts of effort for several months to practice and to get better at spriting up to this point. Because at the time I barely had enough spriting experience to begin with.

(Though I would like to show off the newer sprites on my thread some time soon.)

Last edited:
This is kind of...odd.
Why would you even trace my sprite knowing that it's
old unfinished work?

Or even if you didn't know, why would you make such claims that "others" are copying you knowing that you deliberately (or not) traced over fan art as a reference to that one?

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

My mod isn't cancelled, I just went through a strenuous amounts of effort for several months to practice and to get better at spriting up to this point. Because at the time I barely had enough spriting experience to begin with.

(Though I would like to show off the newer sprites on my thread some time soon.)

I have to say I agree.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back