Port forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Blue Zero:.

I'm Totally Blue
Ok... i need help with the ports. I readed the wiki....but it didn't help, even PFConfig. Also i disabled firewall of Srb2 and i made a new rule in the control pannel to enable this Pc open the port 5029 but i still can't host. I look in the MS my server and it contains a red x and the players are ?/? (I already saw this in other threads) now i click on query Server and it says
Code:
Server did not respond to the query, either because it has gone offline or the host has not forwarded their ports.
And now here is my question : how do i forward ports?
And please if it's possible, If you can explain it is in a simplest way Ill be grateful because most of the sites that explains this are too many detailed and i can't understand any word of what they says

Router?

What internet router do you use? Every router's configuration is different, I think. If you have got a Netgear router, for example, I can help you; otherwise I have to look for a good tutorial for your router. ;)

It is not enough to just open ports your PC's firewall. The router has to forward connections from out of your network to your computer (inside the network).

Code:
other Players --> Internet --> Router Firewall || Your Computer's Firewall --> SRB2

The problem is to remove the "||"-barrier. :D

Well I live in Brazil but i'm italian. Right now i'm in italy and my current router is ''FastWeb'' and (Usb internet Device) "3WebPocket". When ill go back to Brazil ill tell u my router, but i'm pretty sure that the router was of Motorola.

If you are back in Brazil, please open "192.168.0.1" in your web browser. Maybe you need a password; use Google to find out the "standard password" for your router.
If you do not know what router you have, try to find the user's manual.

After logging in, please make a screenshot of the control panel that will open. Then show me this screenshot, please. :)

EDIT: I forgot: Opening 192.168.0.1 will only work if you are at home, being connected to the internet!

Last edited:
Sreenshoots

HERE THE SCREENSHOOTS. i followed Portfowarding tutorial and torgo's tutorial but i still can't host.
screenhunter01jul302121.gif

2nd....

screenhunter02jul302121.gif

3th
screenhunter03jul302122.gif

I hope u help me, hosting is more fun....so im waiting for a reply.
Thanks
screenhunter01jul302121.gif

It looks like you did everything right with the router configuration.

Maybe...:

1. Your computer's IP is not 192.168.0.100 (maybe it is 192.168.0.1?). To test this, use ipconfig, as described in Torgo's tutorial.
2. Your computer's firewall blocks the ingoing port 5029. To test this, just disable your firewall completely and see if you can host.
3. (I really hope this is not the reason) You did not press "Apply".

Is it one of these three things? :)

I did everything in it too, but the problem is. I still can't host even knowin' it's not because of one of any your reasons TBF. I put the right internal IP in the port forwarding section. Firewall is disabled. And YES, I did press the apply button (gosh).

Have you tried selecting "Both" as Protocol Type? The portforward.com-tutorial says that "Both" shuld be used, although the SRB2 wiki says that only UDP is needed. :/

Both? Well eh... Kay. *few minutes later* Tried, won't work. Any suggestion next? I'm becoming tired of that non-working hosting. :/

Did you press the apply button?

Even if its a stupid question i did.

It looks like you did everything right with the router configuration.

Maybe...:

1. Your computer's IP is not 192.168.0.100 (maybe it is 192.168.0.1?). To test this, use ipconfig, as described in Torgo's tutorial.
2. Your computer's firewall blocks the ingoing port 5029. To test this, just disable your firewall completely and see if you can host.
3. (I really hope this is not the reason) You did not press "Apply".

Is it one of these three things? :)
1. i tried the default ip and even the torgo's tutorial but i still can't host.
2.why don't u read the frist post again? Also i tried but nothing.
3. i did... >.>

Have you tried selecting "Both" as Protocol Type? The portforward.com-tutorial says that "Both" shuld be used, although the SRB2 wiki says that only UDP is needed. :/
Of course i did but this was only a test and also with Both selected i still can't host.

Looks like i will neve be a host... -.-

Static IP Address is necessary for you to host, because it will not change when ex. restarting the PC. And to answer your question, yes, I have Static IP address. Still won't work.

So i need static ip?
Static IP Address is necessary for you to host
Why should you need a static IP to host a netgame?! O.o
Static IP means that your IP address will not change if you reconnect to the internet. Both of you seem to be behind a router that connects to the internet while your computers only connect to the router. Your IP address wont change even if it is dynamic and if you restart the computer! To change a dynamic IP, you have to restart the router, not the computer(s) connected to it.

Maybe your ISP blocks the 5029 port or whatever, but static/dynamic IP definitely is not the reason for the problem. ;)

EDIT: By the way, you can not "setup" a static IP. Either you have one - or not. Some people with a dynamic IP who really need a static IP use services like DynDNS, but - again -: You do not need a static IP address to host a SRB2 netgame.

Last edited:
ToBeFree said:
Why should you need a static IP to host a netgame?! O.o

When portforwarding, you will just forward the Dynamic IP you get, When it change, then you must forward it again, and again, and again. Static IP will not change so you need to forward it only one time.

ToBeFree said:
EDIT: By the way, you can not "setup" a static IP. Either you have one - or not. Some people with a dynamic IP who really need a static IP use services like DynDNS, but - again -: You do not need a static IP address to host a SRB2 netgame.

You DO need a Static IP, and it's easy to setup.
In LAN Connections, just open Properities of LAN Connection. Internet Protocol's properities and set your Internal IP Address.
likethisu.png

To set it up, you'll need to know what is what, use Run and cmd and in command line type ipconfig.
Put in Internet Protocol Properities:
1. Your Internal IP Address (IP Address)
2. Subnet Mask
3. Default Gateway
Sorry, my PC is Czech. ._.

Aaah, I thought you meant the IP of your router in the internet. What you mean is your internal IP address, but even that doesn't necessary have to be static.
Also, I think that most routers will remember the MAC address of your computer and give it a "static" IP automatically. Only a minority of routers should have the "dynamic IP" problem, I think.

But, again, you do not have to have a static IP (neither internal nor external) to host a netgame! The problem must be a different one; the IP definitely is not.

But, again, you do not have to have a static IP (neither internal nor external) to host a netgame! The problem must be a different one; the IP definitely is not.

So what do i have to do? When i join a server i asked to the admin look at my port. (Ports open on my router and rule made to open port 5029) he said that i had a weird port (can't remember but i tink it was 61509, im not sure ). plz help me what do i have to do? Don't leave me alone with no more helps!

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

When i host, i go on the ms and i see that my port is 5029.
But when i join a game the admins says that i have a weird port and its not 5029. Mayabe this is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back