SRB2DB, SOCs and Lua questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosX

Hello there, as I've seen many threads asking for help with Lua, SOCs or with SRB2DB, this can be the main thread to ask for those cases. If this needs to be moved or it is not premitted, theres no problem with moving it or removing it, but I'm just doing this to decrease the threads with a Solo question and have all the solutions in one thread.

I have some questions to start:

1. How do the modders make new objects if there's no program to configure a SOC? The SOCEdit from older Srb2 versions like 1.09.4 are outdated and gives a crash when trying to do something.

2. Where can I see the color palettes from multiplayer? The page in Srb2 wik was removed and I need to know where can I find them. By color palettes I mean like SKINCOLOR_RED, SKINCOLOR_GRAY, and those skins.

3. How can I setup the Emblem Hints unlockable and how to add a description to the hints? The Custom Emblems and Unlockables page on the wiki is lacking of this information.

As I said earlier, if this is not allowed or it needs to be moved, theres no problem.

I have no clue about the other two, but by the color pallet, do you mean this?

Charskincolorreftable-vanilla.PNG

If so, you can find it here.

Edit: Well, I was a tad late there. Now I know the feels that come with being ninja'd....

1. I mean "Setting up" a SOC, but you can't just magically put a 30-lines code from the nothing, SOCEdit worked for that, but it is outdated and gives a crash when I try to do something.

2. I don't want to know the numbers, I mean the skincolors = SKINCOLOR_RED, SKINCOLOR_BLUE, Etc.

3. So much info exploded my brain.

2. I don't want to know the numbers, I mean the skincolors = SKINCOLOR_RED, SKINCOLOR_BLUE, Etc.

...Do you mean setting up a character's default color in Single Player then? Because that is found here.
It's simply
Code:
prefcolor = (your color here)
For example..
Code:
prefcolor = dark_red

Other than that, I have no clue what you are asking for.

2. is the easiest question, the skincolor you give to the emblems, the emblems, the EMBLEMS.

You know, you never specified the emblems before, so in retrospect, it was not the easiest question. In fact, you first said "color palettes from multiplayer", and since emblems are not in multiplayer, your initial question would imply the prefcolor perameter mentioned above.

Now as for an answer, I must apologize as I cannot provide one, we'll just have to see what someone who is experienced in that comes along.

Last edited:
2. The chart still applies; specify emblem color using SKINCOLOR_X, with X being the color name in the chart that was already listed. You cannot use the Super colors, and any color with a space in their name you instead use a underscore (_).

1. I mean "Setting up" a SOC, but you can't just magically put a 30-lines code from the nothing, SOCEdit worked for that, but it is outdated and gives a crash when I try to do something.

Yes you can. You literally just type all that in. That's actually how I've always done it since I thought SOCeditor was too confusing.

Personally to start an SOC, I just copy past the huge text block and the first State, then I modify them.

Concerning the emblems, just try to have some experiments with them, or use the colors that vanilla SRB2 uses.

Also, the wiki has been updated for the custom emblems.

Well, I'm having a several error with SRB2DB, there's a part on my level pack in MFZ where theres a big cliff and a bunch of trees making a way, at the right side where the little FOF with 2 super rings monitor, the wall that is in plain sight is all black in OGL and it makes the skybox appear in software mode, I tried with Make Sector, checking if there was a vertice out of place, but there's nothing out of place or misplaced.

t5h1.gif

Imageshack fucked up the gif.

The problem I have here is when I look into the skybox, the wall goes black blocking the skybox view. but when I bend the camera to view to the left or right, the skybox is normal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back