• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My Level Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks really good. I like it a lot. Though I agree with Kyasarin on the scenery thing. And what do yyou mean by GFZ3 shot sound? Mind if I use something like that in my levels?
It uses the original shooting sound that the first boss made. The difference is that it sounds less scratchy.

srb20096.png

What have I done...

If you must know, this level is named Twister Country Zone and has weird things in it, like fans, GHZ textures, more fans, SRB1 enemies, background terrain and more fans that can blow you into hazards.

Also, I had to bump this because I had to.

You might want to use the newer GHZ textures om Twister Country Zone, like the ones used in Sapphire Falls. The scaling on the old set seems way off to me.

Of course, this is just my two cents.

srb20098.png

Then how does this look?

That fish is there because of me playing around with devmode.

Also, I changed the wall texture in the background, and added a large metal structure to the left.

Well, while your level might look more diverse, it really doesn't look all that attractive.

I was thinking that if you add in more scenery objects, it might look nicer if not done completely overboard. And frankly, I don't think the white metallic columns work in conjunction with the GHZ texture set. Maybe you could feature them more prominently in a second act with other more metallic-themed textures. Or you could use them in this act less sporadically.

Alright, so should I use mountains instead of the metal columns? The level theme is supposed to have some machinery and stuff.

srb20099.png

This is one of the indoor sections, a secret, flooded lab. There's some death pits, and conveyor belts. There's also those spike things.

And yes, there will be underwater sections.

come on, 2D mode's visual capabilities are some of the best around, why are you wasting it on such BLAND appearances? FLEX that muscle!

Now, for something completely different!

srb20100.png

Er...um...this is a bit too different.

Things I'm aware of:
The middle tower needs to be taller.
That flag thing.
The missing entrance.

I'm pretty sure someone already did Peach's Castle for an old contest during 1.X and it looked a lot better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back