• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Olivine Oasis/Springshine Mountain preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTapeworm

Midnight Abyss did nothing wrong
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
srb20030.png

OUTDATED SCREEN. LOOK AT OTHER POSTS FOR NEW SHOTS

Olivine Oasis Act 1...yeah. It's very short right now.

The level names will all be based on gemstones, including several obscure ones. I just though "Emerald Oasis" wouldn't work, but since emeralds are a staple of Sonic games, I'll at least include it in a secret level.

Last edited:
Those two blocks should be 128x128 so the texture doesn't look odd. The rest of the level also needs texture alignment it looks like.

I decided to switch to 3D, because I like doing levels in 3D. I also gave it a new texture set to replace the dated GFZROCK theme.

srb20049.png

And it rains, too.

I think those wooden textures actually look worse than GFZROCK.

Those are actually cave textures. They do look kind of wooden, but I'm using them anyways (for now). There's two wall textures. One used for the main walls, and another for smaller hills and islands.

Does the water flat need to be changed too?

I like the water, personally, but I totally agree with the wall textures: They've gotta go.

Changing the topic title would be helpful, if it's possible to do that.

I prefer BWATER01 as the water flat, but that's just my opinion. I never liked the water texture in use right now.
The creator of a topic can't change the title. Only Administrators and Moderators can do that.

Okay, for the wall textures I'm going to use the Mine Maze set, pretty much the most versatile rock texture set I can think of.

Now, what about the level design? How does it look? Behind where Knuckles is jumping are some secrets and an alternate path, to let you know. The hole on the right wall is where I came in from.

Also, notice the possible new name, Springshine Mountain. Named for the season, not the bouncy things Sonic jumps on.
EDIT:
srb20050.png

New wall textures. I only changed the main walls because they looked too woody.

Last edited:
I think that's good, but in my opinion, it needs to be reversed, as in the wood texture needs to be the main wall and the rock should be the other texture. I, personally, liked it all wood, but that's just me.

See if using the JNG set of textures might make it look good. I personally really like those textures used in a grass level.

See if using the JNG set of textures might make it look good. I personally really like those textures used in a grass level.
Ooh, yes, that would be PERFECT for this level. Just a suggestion, use JNGFLR12(I think that's the one, not sure, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back