[Open Assets] SRB2Kart 1.3 - Moe Mansion

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

himie

A rolling release/nightly version of srb2kart 1.3 based on birdhouse with a couple other changes.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Tracking Features:
  • Birdhouse included
  • Birdmod included
  • Large Address Aware so 32-bit builds can use 4gb of memory instead of only 2gb. Helps avoid "out of memory" errors.
  • Callmore's new grid character select screen
  • Character preview speen by minenice
  • Tyron's replaymarker command to mark replays in middle of race
  • 64-bit support for those who need it
  • Always up to date with master

As this is a nightly build compiled by a build server, the latest version will always be automatically posted to https://kart.moe/moe-mansion/

This is also why we gave it the "unstable" warning before. It's a nightly version that's not fully tested so things might go wrong sometimes.
However I do try to keep it reasonably checked so there's no obvious crashes.

Changelog
1.3.31 Initial public release
1.3.32 Added birdmod
1.3.33 renderstats updates
1.3.34 redownload add-ons if hash doesn't match instead of crashing
1.3.35 tyron fix for timestamp in replay marker
1.3.36 add build number version to the version label i.e. v1.3 (Moe Mansion #36)
1.3.37 Fix issue with loading files with uppercase extension like .WAD
1.3.38 Updates from master (stun, instant-askjoi, http-downloads-auth, mute-music)
1.3.39 Update from master (srb2-findplane-backport)
1.3.41 Add kart preview spinning by minenice
1.3.42 Remove window shake effect from birdmod to hopefully let windows defender be happy
1.3.43 opengl texture respawn fixed (Hannu)
1.3.44 Prevent the connection from being canceled when in Record Attack (Ashnal)
1.3.45-48 srb2kart://protocol support (Fafabis)
1.3.49 Perfstat fixes (Hannu) Show track addon on map select (Fafabis)
1.3.50 slowthemind found the force new build option (no changes)
1.3.51-52 Fix bug where HUD menu had overlapping entries (himie)
1.3.53 Menu options for separate x/y deadzones (Lonsfor)

This post might not always be up to date
Check the build server history for the latest changes

Links:
Direct Download
Source Code
CI Server builds and history

Credits/CoAuthors
Extra features in Moe Mansion includes code by these authors:
  • Ashnal
  • Callmore
  • Hannu Hanhi
  • Jameds
  • Fickleheart
  • Tyron
  • minenice
  • Fafabis
  • Lonsfor

Attachments

• grid screen.gif
    grid screen.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 63,959
  • speen.gif
    speen.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 48,565
  • srb2kart-moe 1.3.53.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,636
Last edited:
I was waiting for a new release of Birdhouse to go into Kart 1.3, but this? This more than makes up for it. This is the best Kart EXE mod I've played.

This launcher is fantastic!
So far the only problem I have come across is that when selecting a character, there doesn't seem to be a way to transition from character select back to your name change or color. In order to do so you have to go over your character, go out and back in, and press up if you want to change the color.

I know it's a nightly version but though i'd give the feedback on it at least, aside from that it's coming along great!

I've been unable to start up this EXE mod, because of two .dll files that had to be installed into the game's folder (libcurl.dll and discord-rpc.dll), which did nothing to resolve the matter. Can I get some help with fixing this issue?

EDIT: Sorry about that. It was just because I hadn't got the latest version of SRB2Kart.

Last edited:
I've been getting some reports that srb2kart-moe.exe is being incorrectly labeled as a trojan in some antivirus. This is a false positive that seems to be common with windows defender and in no way means there is a trojan in moe mansion.

If this has happened to you can you PM with some more details as to what antivirus you're using? You can do it through the forum or discord ヒーミー#1031

Antirvirus name:
Definitions version:
Version of moe mansion:

I've sent a dispute claim to microsoft to try and get this false positive removed from their antivirus. You can see the progress of it here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/submission/e3a10ded-bb47-4011-ba2b-2025f9d3942a

Here is also the check from virus total for the latest version of moe mansion showing that there are no viruses https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...69dd77edb5e9a0deeb991436885059d7a3c/detection

There is no trojan in moe mansion and I never plan to add one. As always you can check the source code in the main post to verify this.

In the meantime please add srb2kart-moe.exe to your exclusion list so you can keep using it without the antivirus putting it in quarantine every time.

Last edited:
Good news! Microsoft has replied and says the detection has been removed. Please update your antivirus definitions per their instructions.

We have removed the detection. Please follow the steps below to clear cached detection and obtain the latest malware definitions.

1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures”
3. Run "MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate"

Alternatively, the latest definition is available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

This launcher is fantastic!
So far the only problem I have come across is that when selecting a character, there doesn't seem to be a way to transition from character select back to your name change or color. In order to do so you have to go over your character, go out and back in, and press up if you want to change the color.

I know it's a nightly version but though i'd give the feedback on it at least, aside from that it's coming along great!

You can transition back to your name change/color by going all the way to the top or bottom of the grid. It's a bit cumbersome but it works. I'll see if there's a way to get back to the player name by pressing a button.

I'm assuming that if someone using the normal .exe entered a server set up using this release, they wouldn't get any of the benefits, correct?

I have a friend on MAC that I'd like to play with us, but I don't know how much of a hassle it'd be to compile a MAC-compatible executable for them.

I just updated my copy of MoeMansion from version 1.3.42-MoeMansion to the release from May 6, 2021, but now the MoeMansion build won't start up correctly...
Screenshot 2021-05-06 153055.png
(P.S.) I'm running the 64 bit version of MoeMansion with the .dll files installed.) Nevermind it works, turns out I didn't replace the .dll files that came with the Vanilla version of SRB2Kart with the .dll files that came with the MoeMansion build.

Last edited:
So, I noticed that when you look behind yourself using this, the camera rotates at a fast speed into position, unlike vanilla where the action is instantaneous. can this be changed, because it's very disorienting.

Last edited:
Anybody know what "Future Sight" does?
I might be wrong, but I was told during an online multiplayer session that Future Sight delays your controller input by a small amount. I used to think that it would force controller input to be early, but I might be wrong.

I might be wrong, but I was told during an online multiplayer session that Future Sight delays your controller input by a small amount. I used to think that it would force controller input to be early, but I might be wrong.
Huh. If that's what it actually does then I don't really get the point, wouldn't that hinder you?

Future Sight Off = 1 tic of display latency, but some things (like wall collisions or certain slopes) will be visually smoother.
Future Sight Full = 0 tics of display latency, but those same things may jitter or "jerk" a bit.

Use Full unless you are having a specific visual problem, and if that problem isn't fixed by switching to None, switch back to Full.

If you want it, then compile it yourself. Apple's awful proprietary ecosystem means that only people who have a Mac can do that.
This post was made before the power that is CrossOver for Mac. Moe's Mansion can be played just fine, it's only that I still Z-free. I realized the Z-frees are only linked to Mac-related errors.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back