Suggestions

Bring back Emerald hunt mode before it goes the way of Chaos mode!
Fix the Crawla's AI so that can loose track of the player.

Fyrus said:
1. Emerald hunt kinda sucked in the first place, and I'm pretty sure they've said it won't be back.

2. That idea isn't exactly a great one either. I can understand why people would want that, but I think the AI is perfectly fine as it is, considering how slow the **** things are.

Heh, yea, but I need it for SRB2 The Past. I don't want to modify the structure of the match mode levels to put in an exit sector.

The Crawla thing is more inline for trying to get Chaos mode back. It's futile I know, but if I ever learn to make an EXE mod, having the Crawlas like this will help.

Joat said:
It’s for backwards-compatibility. If they’re taken out of the program, the game will crash if it tries to run a map where those appear. Defunct but still there will have to do.

On the other hand, this version HAS no backwards-compatibility, so…
Just canceled out your own argument right there.

Besides, 2.0 is missing thing type 79 and it doesn't crash because of that now.

Make players die in a single hit irregardless of ring count in Tag and Hide and Seek. Players can group together and abuse the post-tag invulerability in certain situations - most notably when pressed up against a wall - and become a human (furry?) shield for another player. Only a blast-radius weapon (bomb and grenade) can bypass it.

Players are forced to be solid as though TAILSPICKUP is off at all times during Hide and Seek. This will be in 2.0.5. -Jazz

Last edited by a moderator:
Add a button (Like F8 or whatever isn't used) to allow someone to switch immediately back to their own view. Like in co-op, when you're F12ing someone to see what they're doing, because it's a pain in big netgames to press F12 repeatedly to switch back.

Make players die in a single hit irregardless of ring count in Tag and Hide and Seek. Players can group together and abuse the post-tag invulerability in certain situations - most notably when pressed up against a wall - and become a human (furry?) shield for another player. Only a blast-radius weapon (bomb and grenade) can bypass it.
Bad tactic, since Tag is basically a free-for-all.
It's a griefing tactic, which I guess is what you'd compare to trolling in the gaming sense - it doesn't have to be effective to both players, it need only create a major inconvenience for the seeker. And it does, to varying effect. Like said, it can only be bypassed by an explosive weapon (or with a little foresight I guess, knocking the first victim out of the way with clever use of blowback, which very few people can do), so if the player doesn't know where to find one, or worse still, if the map doesn't have one at all, it becomes a complete game breaker and the seeker is completely screwed, allowing at least one player to win completely by default. Removing the post-tag invincibility and making hiding players die in a single shot could fix this easily, seeing as they have no reason to physically be in the game after they've been found, anyway.

I can't speak for Tag games though, seeing as I haven't had the chance to play one online yet.

Trigger Linedef Executor: If specific thing.
Basically, this would trigger the linedef exec if whatever entered the area was of a specific thing (By the internal number rather than the one used for placing on the map), chosen by the texture x-offset. This could be used for, say, combining with teleport to tagged sector to make a shield that only blocks redring, but not other weapons, or making a trap for spiny badniks that only raises when they enter the sector.

Linedef Executor: Force State.
Generally this would be combined with the above for most cases, I'd think, but the idea is that it would force whatever triggered it to go to a specific state. You could, for example, simply set it to 0 to cause anything that passed through it to disappear. Which may be useful in some cases for pushables, and some pieces of scenery, or a cannon that changes any weapon fired through it to a given type. Personally I'd think that a sectored turret that you can fire rings through the barrel and have another kind of weapon come out the other end, would be quite fun.

Difficulty in finding things out in single-player, it seems, has become a point of much complaint. I myself have, on numerous occasions, been killed by things I could not possibly have known would cause harm. There are a few possible solutions for this:

- Use ECHO or CECHO at certain points in the level to give the player a hint. These hints will be (in the context of the game) be given by someone from a distance, such as a flicky speaking through a radio or something. For a generic example: CECHO "Look out ahead, that goo will harm you unless you have a green shield!". In that example, the player could have known that from the manual, but you get the point.
- In the Megaman Anniversary Collection, there was a Hints mechanic. It worked similarly to what I suggested above, except that instead of popping the hint up as soon as you step into the area, it showed a little icon telling that there is a hint for you in that area. Said hint would be shown on the screen upon pausing the game. This would be much harder to code in, but much more subtle. If you do this, of course, you should have an option to turn hints off.
- Have little balls of light or somesuch that give hints when you touch them, much akin to Sonic Adventure. This could actually be done in soft-coding by use of SOC actions and linedef executors.
- Add a lot more detail in the manual, so people who read the manual will know what they need to know. However, you’d have to tread a fine line between needed knowledge and outright spoilers.

A SUPERCOLLIDEITEM attribute for character wads. Whenever a player is in super form and strikes another player by running into them, it spawns an item without doing damage. IE Rather than Player A running into Player B and it harming them, a spring is spawned in that position for a brief moment of time to send Player B flying back/up instead.

A PLAYERITEMDELAY attribute, which specifies how long a player must wait to use spinitem or thokitem after each use, in either seconds or tics.

I want to see a charge-able spring (I know, old, but...) When you get in, it has a little meter pop-up on top of the screen, and the meter goes up and down. Hit it at the right time for profit, and press spindash to get out.

Change the FORCESKIN command to allow more than one character (eg: Allowing Sonic and Tails, but nobody else).

Create a more indepth Multiplayer menu that allows you to change more elements of the game (as the Host) without having to resort to command prompts.

[22:01:32] <Senku> I just thought of another thing characters lack, extra graphics and sounds, like for example a Metal character could have a jet sound for walking and or running, a character would also have something cape chase them, not just limited to behind them and all, but even in front of them could be possible, for an accessory or a turbine flare, or even a part of the body like if there was Tails wad with no tails and it cape chased Tails and animated and stuff

Yay IRC.

lol 10char (Am I on the steam forums?) -Jazz

PleasepleasepleasepleasePLEASE make sure that all textures are also imported as flats, and flats as textures. OLDC multiplayer divisions would benefit from it, and a level of consistency across custom content.

-Sectors that are much like the waterslides but instead have you run forces you to only run, stafe left or right ,and lets you speed up or slow down.

-Ability to have at least one extra move with the capability to chose button combinations for different moves (Ex. Jump and Spin, Jump,Spin, and Forward, Jump,Jump,and Spin, and etc.).

Custom ability suggestion.

Insta Sheild - Replaces the spindash. Pressing the spindash button will create a small sheild that can protect you from damage from projectiles, it can be used on the ground or in the air.

Lasting time - Quarter of a second
Cooldown time - 3 Seconds

A NOSAVE word for level headers to keep zones from saving player progress in single player level packs sounds rather useful, yet simple.

New Linedef Type: Award Score - Objects (for Each Time, Once and Continuous triggers)

Adds points to the score of the player, or player's team, who activated it by pushing or dropping a certain object into tagged sector.

You know the level select you get for 40 emblems? ITS WORTHLESS

Make it so that it's pretty much a customizable game - you choose how many lives to start out with, which emeralds you have, which stage, and once you beat Ultimate, you can also choose whether to use Normal mode or Ultimate mode on it.

Also, add the secret levels to the time attack menu plox.

All I can think of now is that there should be a different animation for the bomb-ring explosion. Possably using partical effects, the boss explosions, and color changing depending on the players color for in things like capture the flag and team match. Plus the blue fireworks just look strange coming from a red player... And you should be able to rotate the camera when the game is paused.
I also support the addition of "skidding to a halt" frames 100%.

Last edited:
Tool-Assisted Speedruns.
Of course not quite off the bat, but... Correct me if I'm wrong: Doom 2 can be tool-assisted. Well, do something similar. Once the player enters Time-Attack, (s)he can access another mode inside that one called Tool-Assistance mode. Everything that happens in this mode stays in this mode, which means it won't count towards the time-attack awards nor the best times nor anything. It merely exists to create a TAS to show off to the community.
You start by choosing your level and such. Somewhere around this menu the player can configure 4 extra keys: toggle slowdown; advance frame; save state; load state. After that, the level starts (preferably paused, so the player can frameskip from there) and the rest is history.

Another thing that isn't quite a suggestion, but isn't quite a glitch: Add a restart key for Tool-Assistance (it's rather boring to have to wait for the screen to fade towards the time-attack menu, wait 3 seconds so you can finally press enter to try again, wait for the fade towards the level, wait around 1 second so the controls can finally be recognized and wait another second for it to actually start).

And even another small one: add something to the "playdemo" command syntax. "playdemo <filename> <character>". If the demo is played with Tails, you need to start a play somewhere with Tails, and only after that can you type playdemo for it to play as Tails.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back