Team Kinetic (Dirk, Whirl, & Vesola)

Team Kinetic (Dirk, Whirl, & Vesola) v2.2.0

I absolutely love both Dirk and Whirl, they both feel like they fit right in with the rest of the vanilla cast, along with having adorable designs.
But i'll have to say that i'm not the biggest fan of how Whirl's abilities currently work, i dont like how Whirl slows down when hitting an enemy, makes you want to avoid hitting them at all. And i'm not sure about his momentum halting when using Propeller Fly. But other than that, they're very cool!
As for Dirk... he's perfect.

Holy cow, I LOVE their designs so much!!~
They are so well designed, absolutely adorable!!~ >u<
I've had my own character in the works, they are so well done that i'm reconsidering some parts of my own design~ xP
Looking forward to having them around in Mod form! :p

A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶t̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶"̶B̶o̶n̶k̶"̶ ̶n̶o̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶r̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶
It got a good laugh out of me, it happened when I got an absurd about of air I wasn't expecting either
It's very early in the morning and I need to sleep, so being a bit tired-loopy didn't help save me from it xP

Guys, Dirk Is Just Frozone But Is A Furry

Don't @ Me.

10/10 Character. Will Complete Story With Him Again.

This is obviously really cool but Dirk still needs a bit of patching for Battle Mod seeing as he still has access to many of his character abilities when holding the flag/gem giving him a huge advantage over other players.

This is obviously really cool but Dirk still needs a bit of patching for Battle Mod seeing as he still has access to many of his character abilities when holding the flag/gem giving him a huge advantage over other players.

Whoops, forgot to add in one of the battle flags to his main script. Thanks for reporting!

A v1.1.1 patch has been released to fix this issue! And maybe other things that needed fixing.

Changelog:
Dirk:
Code:
- General:
• Some sprite fixes

-Bugfixes:
• Dirk can no longer use frost walk if the PF_SLIDING flag is active
• Dirk's abilities (except frost walker and slippery floor resistance) are disabled when he's holding the diamond in Diamond in the Rough

Whirl:
Code:
-Battle:
• Whirl's abilities and effects are completely disabled when frozen.

Also, for a lighter note, a Version 1.2 update is in the works. So here's an experimental thing with Dirk's Ice Surf. We may not know if it will make it in the final finishes for the update. I figured showing it off for some feedback.

attachment.php

Ice surf here uses a different button press to activate it and it runs smoother when ascending.

There is another thing for the v1.2 update, but you'll have to wait for the update to see for yourself =P

Attachments

• srb20093.gif
    srb20093.gif
    6.4 MB · Views: 1,228
Last edited:
Hey! Its been a while since the last update hasn't it? Version 1.2 is now live! Since this update is huge, I'll once again highlight the updates that have impact on the addon in a way.

attachment.php

As I mentioned before, the ice surf experiment has been done. It's now part of the update with some improvement to make it better. It should also no longer "crush" players, making it co-op friendly again (Let me know if it still doesn't).

attachment.php

Along with Ice surf, you can now add in surf frames to your character additions. Like frozen sprites, it is complete optional to you guys. If you don't make one, the character will use the normal walk frames instead. Feel free to make surf sprites yourself one day for your mods! Check the release thread to see how!

attachment.php

A whole lot more has been added, fixed, and improve to make your experience with the Kinetic duo a whole lot better! With that said, I'll put up the changelog for you guys to see what's been changed. Enjoy!

- V1.2.0 - Chaos has been reignited!
Dirk:
Code:
- General:
• Ice platforms now spawn particles whenever they're created
• Sound for ice platforms have higher pitches for the 2nd, 3rd, and so on.
• Ice surf improvements:
	- The ability itself is now triggered by pressing spin while in a rolling state.
	- Ice surf ascending now runs smoother.
        - Players will stay on the ice surf trail without desynching.
	- Ice surf platforms can no longer collide with parts of the trail, which means that players can no longer be crushed (hopefully...)
        - SPR2_SURF is now custom character support, you can now make custom surf frames for characters mods!
• Added dance.
• Added a squeaker sfx whenever Dirk gets hugged.
• Chaos has reignited with the kinetic energy. What does it mean? You'll find out eventually...

Whirl:
Code:
- General:
• Whirl bot now jumps lower to reach Dirk's height when performing flight call, making the action perform faster.
• Added surf sprites.
• Added dance. It can also be synched with Dirk's dance
• Bonk 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Attachments

• srb20254.png
    srb20254.png
    198 KB · Views: 872
  • srb20253.png
    srb20253.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,065
Dude, I absolutely love the new Super Dirk >u<

Also, some notes:
-Dirk's CSS info still explains that Ice Surf is activated by holding Spin while running instead of rolling
-You should remove that SF_NONIGHTSSUPER flag from Dirk, since he has his brand-new Super sprite set...

Dude, I absolutely love the new Super Dirk >u<

Also, some notes:
-Dirk's CSS info still explains that Ice Surf is activated by holding Spin while running instead of rolling
-You should remove that SF_NONIGHTSSUPER flag from Dirk, since he has his brand-new Super sprite set...

Whoops, forgot to do that. I'll fix that issue for the v1.2.1 patch someday. As for the SF flag, Dirk uses the same NiGHTs sprites that he had since his initial release for 2.2. I added that flag to make him not flash his colors because he's not "Super" in Special Stages. Not to mention, Dirk's super form is completely different from Super Sonic in a way.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back