• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

RBSonic - A thread.

Welp, had an idea to potentially balance Strike Mode a tiny bit...
Uh oh:
srb20612.gif

It's the Sonic 2 Nick Arcade Beta all over again...

Welp, had an idea to potentially balance Strike Mode a tiny bit...
Uh oh:
srb20612.gif

haha funni sonic go BONK
this will become as funni as failing tricks

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Now we enter the realm of absurdity.

srb20608.gif

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

srb20592.gif

it looks like the stomp gives you speed a little

it looks like the stomp gives you speed a little

It doesn't, that's just the normal acceleration.

I have plans to tweak the bonking off walls, but it's there, basically just a new animation (easy to make), and making it not trigger at shallow angles from the wall.

Last edited:
sorry for the question, but: is there a plan to make a video about the full moveset when the character gets completed/released?
I ask this from someone who learns quite slowly from new stuff, so i may need something that isn't going to the MB every 2 seconds

Last edited:
sorry for the question, but: is there a plan to make a video about the full moveset when the character gets completed/released?
I ask this from someone who learns quite slowly from new stuff, so i may need something that isn't going to the MB every 2 seconds

i hope this happens i really want a see a whole vid on it

If I can do it, I will, but there WILL also be a list on the MB release post for simplicity sake.

will it be like the sms video that was fun to watch

I'd try to format it after those: for I agree, those are fun to watch.

Meanwhile, I just realized this has gone from being Sonic with a stolen Drop Dash, recoded Jump Thrust, and stolen Insta-Shield to being basically what if Alt Sonic and SMS got fused into one character mod.

Even funnier is that of the OG 2 origins for RBSonic (SSonic, my first character mod with Lua, manifested in the form of Strike State, MCSonic (the character mentioned already) is basically the core of everything else), MCSonic has an even earlier history as a 2.1 WAD created by my current main friend group as TFSonic, which is just a bunch of Lua scripts thrown together to make Sonic like he is in Megamix, lol. This is where the victory pose originates from.

All of that came together to make a Sonic that is basically Alt Sonic + SMS.
Hey, at least the controls aren't all over the keyboard.

I'd try to format it after those: for I agree, those are fun to watch.

Meanwhile, I just realized this has gone from being Sonic with a stolen Drop Dash, recoded Jump Thrust, and stolen Insta-Shield to being basically what if Alt Sonic and SMS got fused into one character mod.

Even funnier is that of the OG 2 origins for RBSonic (SSonic, my first character mod with Lua, manifested in the form of Strike State, MCSonic (the character mentioned already) is basically the core of everything else), MCSonic has an even earlier history as a 2.1 WAD created by my current main friend group as TFSonic, which is just a bunch of Lua scripts thrown together to make Sonic like he is in Megamix, lol. This is where the victory pose originates from.

All of that came together to make a Sonic that is basically Alt Sonic + SMS.
Hey, at least the controls aren't all over the keyboard.

that fact makes him better then sms already. sms used all the custom buttons, tossflag, normal and main fire and also had cofusing button combos
while this sonic is all on spin and jump and 1 cutsom button
tho this dose make me kinda worry what if this sonic ends up not being able to do one move and doing the other? what im trying to say is that maybe you should have like a sms aid command so the they can see what your doing (tho this is way less confusing) it would help alot

that fact makes him better then sms already. sms used all the custom buttons, tossflag, normal and main fire and also had cofusing button combos
while this sonic is all on spin and jump and 1 cutsom button
tho this dose make me kinda worry what if this sonic ends up not being able to do one move and doing the other? what im trying to say is that maybe you should have like a sms aid command so the they can see what your doing (tho this is way less confusing) it would help alot

I've tested repeatedly. Due to the situational uses of each move on Spin, there isn't a single conflict, just a matter of situation changing what occurs. I get what you mean, though.

honestly hoping that this character is soon to be complete and released, since i can't wait to blast through Sonic speed!

also could you make super jump like this?

That was the plan:
- Be in Strike State.
- Hold back, then hold Spin to crouch.
- Longer you hold Spin, the larger the jump, with an upper cap. You'll flash during this state, faster and faster as you reach the max charge.
- Release Spin to fly upwards, trading Strike State for vertical height.

That was the plan:
- Be in Strike State.
- Hold back, then hold Spin to crouch.
- Longer you hold Spin, the larger the jump, with an upper cap. You'll flash during this state, faster and faster as you reach the max charge.
- Release Spin to fly upwards, trading Strike State for vertical height.

so its kinda like the charge jump....

Made Strike Mode tweaks as of late, here's another RVZ demonstration, with Xian.exe's Speedometer in the bottom left:
srb20643.gif

Made Strike Mode tweaks as of late, here's another RVZ demonstration, with Xian.exe's Speedometer in the bottom left:
srb20643.gif

I'm genuinely surprised how well this mod is made from the viewpoint we have now. It's heavily polished and looks really fun to play, despite being another Sonic mod; this feels like a completely different character.

Plus can you give the link to the speed-o-meter?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back