• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

RBSonic - A thread.

this would be.... GREAT.
like if you press spin you duck then you use jump to spindash!
this can make alot of new moves for this boi like a super jump if you hold it down!

Basically what i said already (but better lol). Something like genesis Sonic did in 2.1

This actually gives me some ideas:
- Outside of Strike State, the Spindash charges akin to Classic.wad/the classics. This makes the Spindash not take an eternity to charge up.
- (Already was planned.) In Strike State, by suddenly braking and holding Spin, you can charge a Power Jump, which also preserves Strike State.
- In Strike State, as well, holding Spin at all whilst not suddenly braking triggers the Spamdash.
- Super has all benefits of Strike State.

This actually gives me some ideas:
- Outside of Strike State, the Spindash charges akin to Classic.wad/the classics. This makes the Spindash not take an eternity to charge up.
- (Already was planned.) In Strike State, by suddenly braking and holding Spin, you can charge a Power Jump, which also preserves Strike State.
- In Strike State, as well, holding Spin at all whilst not suddenly braking triggers the Spamdash.
- Super has all benefits of Strike State.

i like this!
but the breaking and hold spin seems kinda hard
maybe... just holding spin
also idk how a spam dash would work with a duck button

i like this!
but the breaking and hold spin seems kinda hard
maybe... just holding spin
also idk how a spam dash would work with a duck button

Holding Spin for Power Jump without the braking then requires making the Crouch overwrite rolling.
All you'd need to do is, if you have Autobrake on, let go of your directional controls, and right after start holding Spin.

The Duck Button would be Spin, AKA, the button you use whilst moving to roll. During Strike State, INSTEAD of rolling, you enter the Spam Dash instead.

Holding Spin for Power Jump without the braking then requires making the Crouch overwrite rolling.
All you'd need to do is, if you have Autobrake on, let go of your directional controls, and right after start holding Spin.

The Duck Button would be Spin, AKA, the button you use whilst moving to roll. During Strike State, INSTEAD of rolling, you enter the Spam Dash instead.

oh.
thanks for clearing that up
also maybe if you added cool effects to look at when you in dash mode
(other then the inv sparkles)

oh.
thanks for clearing that up
also maybe if you added cool effects to look at when you in dash mode
(other then the inv sparkles)

Planned, I just have yet to set everything up.

I still need to get frames for the Mach Speed state upwards as well.

NOTE: Mach Speed State is when you gain water running, Strike State is when you gain invincibility and the other benefits.

also might i ask?
will you be able to keep dash mode in air and on springs
Huh, thought I already said this:

No, you cannot lose Strike State in the air.

Also, demonstration of the true power of RBSonic:
srb20587.gif

Made an ability list whilst discussing, so decided to post it here and format it, just to show the mess this is becoming, lol:
The current ability list (including planned ones) includes:
- Rising Thwick (double-jump)

- Spindash (likely to receive tweaks, hold Spin/tap jump whilst crouching)

- Crouch (planned) (hold Spin whilst still, or by holding it whilst braking during Strike State)

- Drop Dash (Hold Spin mid-air and hit the ground to fly off.)

- Wall Dash (charge a Drop Dash, then hit a wall to fly up.)

- Insta-Shield (planned) (Tap Spin once mid-air. Y'all know this move by now.)

- Air Roll (Press Spin whilst uncurled mid-air to curl up. You are able to use abilities from here.)

- Stomp (Press Custom 1 mid-air. Might change to double tapping Spin mid-air.)

- Strike Peel (Hold Custom 1)

- Mach Speed State (Exceed 36 fracunits per tic, or 32 without Momentum enabled. Gain water running, and eventually a custom run animation modelled off the Peelout)

- Strike State (Exceed 70 FU/T with Momentum on, or obtain it like normal Dashmode with Momentum off. Gain invincibility to all but insta-kills and go far faster.)

- Power Jump (planned) (Hold Spin whilst braking from Strike State to enter a crouch, and keep holding to charge a powerful jump which preserves Strike State and allows you to do most of the aerial abilities from it.)

- Spamdash (Planned) (Hold Spin whilst in Strike State at any speed to charge a Spindash which preserves Strike State.)

Made an ability list whilst discussing, so decided to post it here and format it, just to show the mess this is becoming, lol:
The current ability list (including planned ones) includes:
- Rising Thwick (double-jump)

- Spindash (likely to receive tweaks, hold Spin/tap jump whilst crouching)

- Crouch (planned) (hold Spin whilst still, or by holding it whilst braking during Strike State)

- Drop Dash (Hold Spin mid-air and hit the ground to fly off.)

- Wall Dash (charge a Drop Dash, then hit a wall to fly up.)

- Insta-Shield (planned) (Tap Spin once mid-air. Y'all know this move by now.)

- Air Roll (Press Spin whilst uncurled mid-air to curl up. You are able to use abilities from here.)

- Stomp (Press Custom 1 mid-air. Might change to double tapping Spin mid-air.)

- Strike Peel (Hold Custom 1)

- Mach Speed State (Exceed 36 fracunits per tic, or 32 without Momentum enabled. Gain water running, and eventually a custom run animation modelled off the Peelout)

- Strike State (Exceed 70 FU/T with Momentum on, or obtain it like normal Dashmode with Momentum off. Gain invincibility to all but insta-kills and go far faster.)

- Power Jump (planned) (Hold Spin whilst braking from Strike State to enter a crouch, and keep holding to charge a powerful jump which preserves Strike State and allows you to do most of the aerial abilities from it.)

- Spamdash (Planned) (Hold Spin whilst in Strike State at any speed to charge a Spindash which preserves Strike State.)

The moveset is really huge. Hoping it doesn't end up being too much like SMS

I think it's kind of like comet dash, where if you hit a wall during the move, you go up instead of forwards, just with the drop dash instead of the comet dash/thok

There you go.

If you hit a wall whilst charging a Drop Dash, your charge is turned into a vertical Thrust instead, but it forces you into a uncurled spring state until you enter fall frames again. This is to prevent the Wall Dash from being used over and over and over again too easily, whilst still allowing a Drop Dash to be charged afterwards.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

i second this like
alot of moves are on the spin button
and i dont really understand the wall dash?

The reason most of the moves are on Spin is to make it easier to use them compared to if they were strewn all over the place in terms of buttons.

Reminder: Y'all suggested the Crouch being on Spin and be how you use the Spindash, lol.

Also, don't worry, for at least base form, I have a certain base guideline in there:
Does this move fill a unique niche, and is it fun?

If neither of those aren't true, I won't add it.

Now we enter the realm of absurdity.

srb20608.gif

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

srb20592.gif

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back