Ask a Quick Question, Maybe Get An Answer Sometime

Can someone point out some good 3D Sonic fangames to play, other than SRB2? I've been asking myself this question for over 2 days now.

Sonic World is a pretty decent (modern) fangame with on the Blitz3D engine with some pretty cool mods and skins, though I'd recommend you wait for Sonic World DX to release to really give it a go. If you want some REALLY good… demos, and have a good PC, you could always try Sonic Project Hero (really cool fan project) or Sonic the Hedgehog P-06 (an 06 PC remake that plays much smoother and better).

Sonic World is a pretty decent (modern) fangame with on the Blitz3D engine with some pretty cool mods and skins, though I'd recommend you wait for Sonic World DX to release to really give it a go. If you want some REALLY good… demos, and have a good PC, you could always try Sonic Project Hero (really cool fan project) or Sonic the Hedgehog P-06 (an 06 PC remake that plays much smoother and better).

I already have SPH, lmao. And about P-06, my computer can't even frikin' handle it. You see, my computer has a medium-end processor, being the Intel Celeron J1800 @ 2.41 GHz. I don't know if I should tweak some settings in the P-06 menus to make my game run at 60FPS, but you know the deal.

About Sonic World, I'm going to try out the game. Thank you.

It's a pretty iconic zone with lots of memorable moments. Compared to Sonic 1, Chemical Plant is the first experience for a lot of people with Sonic 2's vastly improved speed cap, with its long stretches of steep slopes and ramps. Even compared to later games, not many other zones come close to the speed you get in CPZ. The music is a banger as well, and the rising Mega Mack near the end of Act 2 is a great setpiece.

with Sonic's 30th anniversary coming up, will Sonic 3 and Knuckles finally going to be ported to Android?
(sorry if someone already asked this question)

with Sonic's 30th anniversary coming up, will Sonic 3 and Knuckles finally going to be ported to Android?
(sorry if someone already asked this question)

I'm gonna say probably not as there's supposedly some yet undisclosed legal issues going on with that game behind the scenes, which is why the game hasn't seen a new re-release in 10 years. (Note that SEGA haven't commented on this officially, and likely can't due to the legal process. And no, it's a labor rights issue, so they can't just "take the music out".)

The developer of the first two ports actually pitched a prototype of the third game to SEGA, but was apparently turned down. Christian Whitehead actually publicly posted this proof of concept to his portfolio a long while back, but he's stated in no uncertain terms that this is not a confirmation of any further development.

For now, the best you can hope for is the excellent fangame "Sonic 3 A.I.R."

I'm gonna say probably not as there's supposedly some yet undisclosed legal issues going on with that game behind the scenes, which is why the game hasn't seen a new re-release in 10 years. (Note that SEGA haven't commented on this officially, and likely can't due to the legal process. And no, it's a labor rights issue, so they can't just "take the music out".)

The developer of the first two ports actually pitched a prototype of the third game to SEGA, but was apparently turned down. Christian Whitehead actually publicly posted this proof of concept to his portfolio a long while back, but he's stated in no uncertain terms that this is not a confirmation of any further development.

For now, the best you can hope for is the excellent fangame "Sonic 3 A.I.R."

is there a mobile port for Sonic 3 A.I.R?

Why everybody likes Live and learn and Open your Heart?

I still don't get it

It's because they're so iconic in the fact that they were the best songs most people had heard around the 2000's and they were the main title themes for the infamously popular Sonic adventure's 1 and 2 which are now known as the two golden 3D Sonic games of the entire Sonic series, I will admit that I'm also an adventure fan but only kinda but I think that says a lot about how good the adventure games are so almost anything related to the Sonic adventure games are usually just asking why they're so good and saying why they're so good so if you wonder why something made back in the adventure era is or was so popular then this post just about sums up the awnser but don't ask for a detailed explanation for that would take way to long to do.
Thanks for the question.

This is probably the easiest question to answer... but...

Why is SRB2-gamebanana so cringe, i mean... i know it doesn't haves moderation... (until now)
but... why it has so many cringe or bad things... like recolors, unofficial ports, and more weird thingies...

i haved this question since a looooot of time...

This is probably the easiest question to answer... but...

Why is SRB2-gamebanana so cringe, i mean... i know it doesn't haves moderation... (until now)
but... why it has so many cringe or bad things... like recolors, unofficial ports, and more weird thingies...

i haved this question since a looooot of time...

Well it's because gamebanana is known for being way too light on the rules for mod posting so lots of people use it to just straight up dump all their stuff but that doesn't mean that all gamebanana mods are terrible because we got mods like cman arts and A.I.R Eevee from gamebanana but also another thing is that also as you just said gamebanana has just gotten moderators for SRB2 mods (it's about time) and it really shows because I remember a time when I managed to get a full on port of pointy sonic for version 2.2 but if I remember correctly there has always been a gamebanana port of pointy sonic but one way or another they all got taken down so yes it is a place where people can literally just dump their Sonic recolor mods but it's also still gotta deal with some resistance getting through but overall there are so few rules and so much of a lack of quality control that anyone can post literally anything on there which is why some of the moderators of this forum site don't like gamebanana.
Alright so tldr the reason why there's a bunch of trash on SRB2 gamebanana is because there's almost no rules about posting (in fact I remember when someone made a request on gamebanana asking for a full on sprite sheet for purity the hedgehog which don't worry it quickly expired with no one giving him one)

Can you supply "command-line" launch options/arguments/parameters when playing the official Android port of SRB2 (without compiling the game yourself with them built-in), and if so, how?

I seem to remember reading something about being able to make and save a text file containing launch options for the Android port to use, but I don't remember the specifics.

Simple
It's Knuckles's damage voice line from Sonic adventure
Simple yet perfect

Yeah, when you fight against Knuckles he says that line when he takes damage. The delivery is strange given the situation it's used in, and he says it repeatedly during the fight, so that's why it's something of a meme now.

Sonic Adventure had some weeeeird voice direction for the English audio. (So did the sequel, though to a less noticeable degree.)

From where cames the Knuckles's "Oh no"?
One of Knuckles' cutscenes from a beta of Sonic Adventure, featuring a different voice actor than a majority of the final release.
In context, Knuckles said "Oh no, it's starting to happen!" as Angel Island started falling after the Master Emerald was broken.

Why Knuckles' voice actor was replaced, and more importantly why that "oh no" from the previous voice actor was reused for Knuckles taking damage, I don't know, but those are two big reasons that it sounds out of place when fighting Knuckles: The "oh no" is from a different voice actor, and it was originally meant for a different context.

What's Final Demo-v2.2.2's remastered MIDI music's SoundFont/VST? I know that's a dumb question, but I wanted to hear the results of my MIDIs with the SoundFont/VST.

If you mean how many of the Ogg music tracks up until 2.2 were done, there are soundfonts/VSTs somewhere for the Yamaha S-YXG50, which was what SSNTails used to remaster those MIDIs, I'm pretty positive.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back