• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Official SUGOI trilogy port project

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Hi. I will be porting all 3 SUGOIs, but I wanted to give level authors a chance to update their levels. This will very likely be the only chance to make extensive updates to your level. Here are the rules.

• No new levels. If your level didn't make it into any of the other SUGOI's, then sorry, this isn't your chance.
  • You can only update your levels you had a hand in making. This should be obvious.
  • You cannot wildly change the theme. You also must keep the same name.
  • All six characters must be able to complete the level. They also should not be able to get stuck on another path and unable to beat the level.
  • If the author does not want to update their level, then I will be porting it myself, and keeping it preserved as close as possible to how it was in 2.1. I will only be making the bare minimum changes to make it beatable with all characters.
  • All of the old rules apply. Here they are again.
    • Bare minimum compatibility is srb2win.exe, Software mode, and Single Player mode. (Preferably we'd like Coop too, but it's not a requirement.)
    • If you're adding any textures or music or objects or scripts or anything, make sure they don't replace anything. Other maps are probably using those, y'know.
    • Music needs to be module music. SRB2's MIDI support is bad nowadays, and other formats bloat file size. If your original level used a rule-breaking song, then you can still use it. But if you want to change it, it's gotta follow the rule.
  • If you need to make a revision after uploading, please update your first post. Don't upload it in a new post, and don't send it to me directly. You can make another post saying your first post has been updated, though.
  • I will not be accepting updates for "Long Journey's End" segments. Too complicated :p
  • I am not removing levels.

Deadline is November 15, 2020, at 11:59PM eastern time. Please get all of your updates in before then. I will be more strict about this deadline than ever; fail to get all of your level updates in before then, and I will simply use the old version.

That's all for now, good luck.

Hi. I will be porting all 3 SUGOIs, but I wanted to give level authors a chance to update their levels. This will very likely be the only chance to make extensive updates to your level. Here are the rules.

• No new levels. If your level didn't make it into any of the other SUGOI's, then sorry, this isn't your chance.
  • You can only update your levels you had a hand in making. This should be obvious.
  • You cannot wildly change the theme. You also must keep the same name.
  • All six characters must be able to complete the level. They also should not be able to get stuck on another path and unable to beat the level.
  • If the author does not want to update their level, then I will be porting it myself, and keeping it preserved as close as possible to how it was in 2.1. I will only be making the bare minimum changes to make it beatable with all characters.
  • All of the old rules apply. Here they are again.
    • Bare minimum compatibility is srb2win.exe, Software mode, and Single Player mode. (Preferably we'd like Coop too, but it's not a requirement.)
    • If you're adding any textures or music or objects or scripts or anything, make sure they don't replace anything. Other maps are probably using those, y'know.
    • Music needs to be module music. SRB2's MIDI support is bad nowadays, and other formats bloat file size. If your original level used a rule-breaking song, then you can still use it. But if you want to change it, it's gotta follow the rule.
  • If you need to make a revision after uploading, please update your first post. Don't upload it in a new post, and don't send it to me directly. You can make another post saying your first post has been updated, though.
  • I will not be accepting updates for "Long Journey's End" segments. Too complicated :p
  • I am not removing levels.

Deadline is November 15, 2020, at 11:59PM eastern time. Please get all of your updates in before then. I will be more strict about this deadline than ever; fail to get all of your level updates in before then, and I will simply use the old version.

That's all for now, good luck.

I'm Very exited for the port

Very awesome to see SUGOI trilogy is finally getting a port, though I do have a question about the project itself. How are the 3 games going to be segmented? Will there be an entirely new hub world containing all levels in the game? Will there be some way to switch between each game's hubs on the fly? Or will they simply remain as separate releases as always?

I haven't been around in the community during SUGOI's development but I would like to bring some things to your attention if you haven't already found them. Abandoned Airbase, Lilac Conservatory, and all of Glaber's maps (as seen in Dimension Glaber) seen 2.2 releases. I really appreciate that you're taking the time to do this, and giving creators a chance to breathe new life into their level. SUBARASHII was one of, if not the first level pack I played.

I am really excited to see OFFICIAL SUGOI ports for 2.2! I am actually wandering if the final boss will get a buff, because for me, it's pretty easy. Speaking of the final boss, will she get English voice clips? I can't understand anything on what she is saying except for "Cross Combination!" and "Neptune Break!" Thanks if you answer.

the SUGOI trilogy are among some of my favourite mappacks, and i'm really happy to see them getting brought over to 2.2 soon

3425_freakouteyes.gif

SUGOI, SUBARASHII, and KIMOKAWAII. A bunch of community levels tied together with an increasingly insane, anime-crazed plot. I installed 2.1.25 solely to experience them for myself, and I was blown away. I don't have the same level of nostalgia many of the other members of the community do for the trilogy, since I joined when the latest version was 2.2.6, but I do appreciate a good mod when I see one, and I'm hoping these official ports will fix some of the issues present in the original releases. Specifically:
  • SUBARASHII: In the original release Chaos Emeralds didn't save if you exited after collecting them unless you finished another stage afterwards.
  • SUBARASHII: There was additional functionality that allowed players to save their emerald tokens (which are used as currency) if they had the modding extension SRB2PlusC; the creator of PlusC, however, stopped maintaining it and deemed it incompatible for 2.1.20 onward. I have no idea if this will be replicated somehow in the port.
  • KIMOKAWAII: Hopefully the difficulty of the Part 1 final boss gets toned down a bit. It's incredibly difficult to hit the dang thing, its attacks and movements are erratic, and you don't get any rings or shields. It's not a final boss anymore, since both parts are being released at once, so at least pity us with a Pity Shield...

Well damn.

Guess I finally have a reason to put my rear in gear and finish that update to my level now. HERE GOES NOTHING!

I've been waiting for this ever since 2.2 released. I never thought it would actually happen officially, but it's really cool to see the SUGOI trilogy come back.
Something I'd like to see updated at least, if the original creator doesn't show up [or maybe you did this part yourself idk] is Silver's sprites at the boss fight [SUGOI 1]. Silver's 2.2 port's been up for quite a while by now, and it has new sprites. The original used the sprites from the old version so yeah.

I've memed about SUGOI Ultimate .

ok that sounds better than my generic SUGOI HD :(

Anyhow. This is great to see an offical update. The general scope is massive as it is by porting all 3 of the packs so i dont expect anything new besides the polished maps form me and other SUGOI creators! I hope everyone who entered gets a chance to see this and polish up their maps!

[size=+1]I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS! LET'S GOOOOOOOO![/size]
can't wait to get nostalgia overload by playing the trilogy with Pointy like old times

oh my god.
OH MY GOD
¡¡OH MY GOD!!
¡¡¡¡OH MY GOD!!!!

· [EXTREME HIPERVENTILATION]
(no, but seriously, i'm happy that the SUGOI trilogy will be finnaly ported, cuz playing those Unnofficial ports makes me feel bad)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back