Suggestions

What if there were small particles that spawn when a player reaches top speed? It could be different for every character and Custom Characters could us it. Lua could use it too. EX : When releasing a Peelout the particle would spawn like stars (referencing the CD opening cutscene).

Can you guys please make it so that XBox 1 Controllers' Trigger buttons can be assignable? At the moment SRB2 cannot read that input...

Can you guys please make it so that XBox 1 Controllers' Trigger buttons can be assignable? At the moment SRB2 cannot read that input...
Technically, they're not "buttons", but rather "axes" (like the analogue sticks' movements).

You can use the "Gamepad Options" menu to assign player movement, camera movement, jumping, spinning, firing selected rings, and firing standard rings to axes.

LT is Z-Axis, and RT is Z-Rudder.

I agree that it would be nicer to be able to use axes in the standard button control setup (that would also allow other controls to be used), but for now, you can assign them to a few things in the gamepad axis setup.

A way for SRB2 to be more compatible with older computers

Add a way to have 3D models without OPENGL. I need this! A lot of people do!

Also, this is not related but...
Add a way to control the camera with the right joystick on controllers. I would really like this

Add a way to have 3D models without OPENGL. I need this! A lot of people do!

Also, this is not related but...
Add a way to control the camera with the right joystick on controllers. I would really like this

3D models are impossible in the Software renderer, and the second is already the default behavior. Something must be wrong on your end.

Technically, they're not "buttons", but rather "axes" (like the analogue sticks' movements).

You can use the "Gamepad Options" menu to assign player movement, camera movement, jumping, spinning, firing selected rings, and firing standard rings to axes.

LT is Z-Axis, and RT is Z-Rudder.

I agree that it would be nicer to be able to use axes in the standard button control setup (that would also allow other controls to be used), but for now, you can assign them to a few things in the gamepad axis setup.

LT and RT need better names in game.

we could have cream as an srb2 official character... with cheese, of course

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

we could have cream as an srb2 official character... with cheese, of course

we could even have a cream and amy gameplay option, like tails and sonic

SRB2 is classic Sonic characters only. It was a surprise to even SEE Amy, Metal and Fang. I'm doubtful any more characters will be added in future updates, but if it does happen, don't expect any characters newer than 1996.

3D models are impossible in the Software renderer, and the second is already the default behavior. Something must be wrong on your end.

I believe he changed something or he is using a non Xinput controller.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

So that means the Chaotix are possible.

I think Mighty is enough. Though I wouldn't mind them adding The whole crew.

this is not a suggestion, but I just wanted to say that srb2 2.2 is a lot more fun and fair than srb2 2.1, except for arid canyon zone. It's really more fun and easy to play. 2.1 was stressful tbh, I never finished the game as sonic. But I could easily finish the game as Amy in 2.2, and it was really fun. I'm glad to see that my childhood game is one of the best games ever.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

oh, but here goes a suggestion.

in "legacy" mode, the gameplay could REALLY be like the old srb2 ones. Keybord only.

no mouse,
left/right arrows control the camera, and move sideways when walking
up/down arrows is move foward and backward

SRB2 is classic Sonic characters only. It was a surprise to even SEE Amy, Metal and Fang. I'm doubtful any more characters will be added in future updates, but if it does happen, don't expect any characters newer than 1996.
I agree, adding anything more or less from modern Sonic game would ruin the game design of SRB2. It was meant to be a classic game from the beginning.

On a side note, is this possible to bring back the level select menu after finishing the game so you don't need to finish the game with every characters to be able to do Egg Rock with Knuckles for example

I agree, adding anything more or less from modern Sonic game would ruin the game design of SRB2. It was meant to be a classic game from the beginning.

On a side note, is this possible to bring back the level select menu after finishing the game so you don't need to finish the game with every characters to be able to do Egg Rock with Knuckles for example
The level select menu is unlocked at 200 emblems. I have no earthly idea why dev decided to do that, but that's where it is in 2.2. It was unlockable after finishing the game in the Final Demo era and I think it would be best that way.

Also, once you've beaten a stage in 2.2, you can use Record Attack to play it as any character that you've unlocked.

"Beat the game as 3 different characters" feels like a good unlock requirement for Level Select. I feel it's important to encourage playing through the full game as different character so that new players can realize how different each run is and how important replay value is to SRB2 (unlike most modern games).

The 200 emblems unlock is incomprehensible to me. It feels like a prank.

IMO, it's fine the way it is now. Like Unknownlight said, it's important to incentivize people to actually give a long, hard attempt at all the characters so they can see how different the game experience can be.

Plus, as was mentioned, you can use Record Attack and Multiplayer as a workaround. It's how I played most levels as Metal Sonic at first since I don't like him much. (I do have a 100% Metal savefile now, but that's because I wanted to see what Super Metal was like. Not worth it, tbh)

Of all things considered, this is a minor suggestion, but it would be cool to have a (vanilla) way of spawning bots.

Oh, and can you increase the amount of mods you can have on? Please? Let me go totally crazy in SRB2.

I don't think it would ruin it, there's a "remake" for sonic 2 (it's called pink edition) that replaces sonic and tails w amy and cream, and it's really cute. Or maybe they could "redraw" cream to look more like the old character design? Idk, I like cream because she's cute and it's even easier to play than Tails. And we should have more girl characters :(

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back