Resource icon

Better Single-player Bots

Nami

This mod does a few things to make single-player companion bots (Tails by default, but these changes should extend to any character) in single-player mode a little bit less annoying and a little bit more helpful:

• Bots can live without air, and no longer drown or suffocate.
  • Bots cannot push objects such as Gargoyles around, keeping them placed exactly where you positioned them.
  • When in first-person view, a new HUD icon will appear to indicate when a bot is ready to pick you up.

Attachments

• srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    382.1 KB · Views: 1,174
  • VL_BetterSPBot-v1.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 992
Last edited:
Very good. I would even say these changes should be implemented in the official game. Makes no sense for Tails to be constantly drowning and coming back to life in DSZ, since he has no lives system anyway..
And I can't see a situation where his ability to push things would ever be useful, unless the devs were to add the option of switching control between characters and stay/follow commands and use these to complete puzzles. But then you're just creating a whole mechanic and modifying the levels for something that doesn't really add that much fun to the game and the other solo characters won't be using

Very good. I would even say these changes should be implemented in the official game. Makes no sense for Tails to be constantly drowning and coming back to life in DSZ, since he has no lives system anyway..
And I can't see a situation where his ability to push things would ever be useful, unless the devs were to add the option of switching control between characters and stay/follow commands and use these to complete puzzles. But then you're just creating a whole mechanic and modifying the levels for something that doesn't really add that much fun to the game and the other solo characters won't be using

Ya mind? We're having a smart Tails moment.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back