Yattana

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceKGreen

Neon Knight
Name: Yattana B. Glaive

Leader of the Chromafox group, she's loud, brash, and a party animal. With a hearty and infectious laugh, not to mention a great skill with her family heirloom Glaive, she spearheads their constant search for treasure and a certain individual.

Beware if she offers you a drink from the Mug. Her mother's side of the family was named Brewfire for a reason...

-----

So yeah. Finally got a hard drive enclosure and was able to rescue this from my laptop hard drive.

She's a fighter, which I ended up translating into SRB2 as a relatively slow running speed, a Precision Strike (read: homing attack), and a quick spindash.

Constructive criticism highly welcome, although be warned that updates will be slow in coming, if at all... hate working with this computer. No real privacy. Must buy new laptop...

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 9,013
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 13,252
  • srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,876
  • srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,535
  • Yattana.zip
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,910
Last edited:
Everything checks by for me, ignoring the fact that homing is broken in reverse gravity and homing attack has no advantage while super in match mode. Those both due to programming needs rather than creator of wad issues. So it passes.

I'm liking the Blender screengrabs for sprites thing you got going here.
Downloading, playing, adding to Dedicated Server wadload.

Last edited:
Man, these sprites are just awesome. They are some of the most original that I've seen in a long time, and they just hit it home that in Character WADs, spriting is everything, especially considering that the range of custom abilities are limited without intensive SOCs. Which is why any recolor WAD is doomed to flop, obviously.

I just now noticed... You wouldn't have happened to draw some inspiration from Krystal did you?
Yattana:
attachment.php

Krystal from Star Fox:
100px-Brawl_-_Krystal.jpg

Sorry, in such an absence of decently sized pics I'd normally grab a YouTube screen, but they all had too poor a video quality to use.

I just now noticed... You wouldn't have happened to draw some inspiration from Krystal did you?

Actually, no... I was suffering from a creative block, so I ended up finding a character creating program, threw something together with the only theme being "blue", then used that for inspiration. This worked so well I used it for 3 more characters, with the themes being changed to "green," "red," and "yellow."

...then 2 more characters who had been floating around in my head for a long time. Wasn't able to think up a good design for them, but that program helped immensely.

Holy crap, she looks amazing! Such an insane amount of detail put into every frame. This is definitely one of the most unique character WADs I've ever played. Very creative and original. The only complaint I have (if it even is a complaint) is that the spinning animation is a bit jerky looking. Other than that, excellent job!

9.5/10

Actually, no... I was suffering from a creative block, so I ended up finding a character creating program, threw something together with the only theme being "blue", then used that for inspiration. This worked so well I used it for 3 more characters, with the themes being changed to "green," "red," and "yellow."

...then 2 more characters who had been floating around in my head for a long time. Wasn't able to think up a good design for them, but that program helped immensely.
Sound's like the process of a recolor to me. The sprites are nice though, edited from 3D models I assume?

Yeah... when I made Lari, I used a shading method on the clothes that looked like it might work out for a fully colored character... and it seems to have worked out so far.

Great character! She does remind me of Krystal, so I guess it's just a funny coincidence. But anyway, she's easy to handle most of the time, the Homing Attack works great as much as I've used it, and she's very original.

Actually, no... I was suffering from a creative block, so I ended up finding a character creating program

Eugh, no wonder it looks so awful. There's next to no chance of those things churning out anything remotely decent.

The proportions in particular are what are weirding me out the most- they're awkward and stylistically out of place. If you want an example of a fancharacter that gets it right in this regard, look at Hinote.

Of course, I would dislike this regardless on the very basis that it's a fancharacter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back