Suggestions

That would only really be useful if you were able to copy the contents of the popup box, which I have sadly never seen in any of SRB2's(or most programs) errors.
You don't have to; you could just use the Print Screen key to capture a screenshot of the error message. Not quite as convenient as if copying popup text was possible, but better than nothing.

Personally, I'm all for the idea of displaying the EIP in the message.

I didn't read any previous posts, so this might've already been mentioned, but I'd like it if there was a command to get rid of added game files. Like, maybe, "delfile so-and-so.wad" or "deletefile". Also, a command for clearing all added files at once would be nice -- maybe "clearwads". I think this would be a good idea because I get really tired of having to open and close SRB2 every time I leave a server. See, sometimes the game thinks it downloads stuff off of servers even when it isn't modified. It annoys me. So anyway, that's my suggestion.

Or just put it in the message that's output to log.txt. There you go, copy-pastable and easy to find.

Of course, that's if we can retrieve the EIP in the first place at that point in time...

Delfile

I didn't read any previous posts, so this might've already been mentioned, but I'd like it if there was a command to get rid of added game files. Like, maybe, "delfile so-and-so.wad" or "deletefile". Also, a command for clearing all added files at once would be nice -- maybe "clearwads". I think this would be a good idea because I get really tired of having to open and close SRB2 every time I leave a server. See, sometimes the game thinks it downloads stuff off of servers even when it isn't modified. It annoys me. So anyway, that's my suggestion.

oh there is/was, but it been disabled because it is incomplete when it tries to remove sprites added by the said wad, so it would crash trying to remove some stuff like skin wads

-- Rename Toss Flag to "Toss Flag / Emerald"
-- Rename Spin to "Spin / Shield Ability"

-- When jumping with the Whirlwind Shield and an extra jump is available, have the HUD icon for the shield flash, draw a box around it, or show your currently assigned spin key right above/below it. This would help people know that the Whirlwind Shield is capable of double-jumping via spin.

-- Player Markers:
In team games, have an optional player marker shown above team-mates' heads, in the manner shown here: http://www.memes.no/88flak/SRB2Stuff/Playermarker mockup.jpg
This marker should also be shown through walls and be rendered with transparency. This will greatly assist coordinated efforts in CTF matches and help players stick together if desired in Coop.

-- Possibly render F_SKY1 instead of REDWALL when displaying an invalid texture in OpenGL (I know OpenGL isn't supported, but worth a suggestion)

Last edited:
-- When jumping with the Whirlwind Shield and an extra jump is available, have the HUD icon for the shield flash, draw a box around it, or show your currently assigned spin key right above/below it. This would help people know that the Whirlwind Shield is capable of double-jumping via spin.

Its ability is mentioned in the manual, plus I think it would get distracting for people who are well aware of what the shield can do.

Just suggesting something for the game. Besides, if Kirby was in here, Kirby fans would be interested, more people would play, and the difficulty would help reform the lesser-experienced Kirby players into better players.

-- Better crash handling for dedicated servers:
For dedicated servers, a command line switch that makes the game ignore error popups (such as sigsegv popups) that prevent the game from closing properly when crashing. As it currently stands, SRB2 Dedicated Servers can be run as a service under windows, ensuring automatic reboot when the server crashes - however, someone has to be around to manually close out of those crash popups.

I realize this is a bit silly concerning the current scope of SRB2 netplay, but it'd be a nice addition nonetheless for those whom have good internet connections and want to run servers while they're away from home.

-- Allow camera rotation control to be mapped to a stick so players using Analog Control and a dual-analog gamepad (such as an X360 Controller) can move around with the left stick and work the camera with the right. Also, remove (or make optional) the 180* camera flip with Analog Control that Fawfulfan has mentioned - it really does make playing with Analog Control irritating.

Last edited:
oh there is/was, but it been disabled because it is incomplete when it tries to remove sprites added by the said wad, so it would crash trying to remove some stuff like skin wads

'K...maybe a command that restarts the game (without closing it) that lists what files were loaded before the reboot? Also, this would actually reboot the game with no files added, like you had just started it without doing anything beforehand. It would just remember what wads were added and list them in the console.

As an alternative option, it would close the game with an error message saying what wads were loaded, so that you could write down and then reload the wads if you so desire. That sounds easier to do.

Another thing I just thought of: it would be amazing if you could download added files right from the Master Server page on the forums. This would eliminate long periods of waiting for files to download in-game.

A "Kill" command so if you get stuck in a wall (or on the springs in RVZ1) you will respawn at the beginning of the stage.

What if you get stuck in the elevator right at the end of Egg Rock Zone 2?

It's the whole save system debacle all over again!

Since this was deleted from the old bug report topic, I'm gonna paste it here, where it belongs:

205bug21.png

A Star Post should be added somewhere around here in ACZ1.

Also:

205bug43.png

Turn this Mystic Temple into a button that opens these bars:

205bug44.png

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back