[Open Assets] Top Hat - Cosmetic Slot Item

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully support this. I could probably try making a hat some time...

Four minutes of working on a hat later...

QQXfRTD.png

Presenting.... The F2P Proof Hat! Also called "Ghastly Gibus"
srb20059.png

I made it in 5 minutes while watching some F2P critisism TF2 video. I don't know why, but i'm laughing.
and my laugh is sounding really retarded.

Last edited:
Presenting.... The F2P Proof Hat! Also called "Ghastly Gibus"
srb20059.png

I made it in 5 minutes while watching some F2P critisism TF2 video. I don't know why, but i'm laughing.
and my laugh is sounding really retarded.

Of all the TF2 hats... eh, I guess it is one of the most famous. I would personally though have gone with something like the Fed-Fightin' Fedora, or the Fashionable Megalomaniac or something...

Either way, glad to finally see what those piggy-back screenshots came to create. I may actually get this, a certain overpowered recolor may look even classier with this.

I'd do that in a heartbeat if I could sprite good. and make it light on fire when you turn super. Hell, I'd be making a lot more hats if I could sprite them well enough. But alas... Granted, if you guys made hats good enough (or something I could fix up, I can do that at least), I'd SO try compiling them in one wad file and let you pick out hats with the console. I may even do that myself if I somehow make more hats myself without them looking like ass! Also, it doesn't look like it, but that Top Hat IS coded to change color with the player, but it's not using the main green pallet, so it does not. However, this DOES mean player-colored hats can be easily made.

Last edited:
perhaps this would be better as a community effort? We could make a mod that lets you switch out hats.
Also:
Adjusts itself for certain characters released on the forums already.
Sadly I am not well remembered enough to be one.
mt2z60.png

I made a link hat, but it turned purple and floated over the characters's heads. I don't get it, my sprites are the right size and they're inverted...but why aren't they fitting the characters?
I guess I'm not cut out for hat making.

I made a link hat, but it turned purple and floated over the characters's heads. I don't get it, my sprites are the right size and they're inverted...but why aren't they fitting the characters?
I guess I'm not cut out for hat making.

In SLADE, you need to set the offsets. This is what I mean:
offsets.png

And suddenly SRB2 became TF2.
Good god, what's going on?! This is beyond my natural level of British class!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back