Suggestions

I wish we could control the amount of he Heat wave effect and the Water Ripple effect

Suggestion: a way to dynamically change speed for polyobjects that use waypoints. Or at least a way to have polyobjects slow down at the end of their paths.

Can we have something akin to custom map header parameters but for characters? I understand that we can already code such functions in lua but this would simplify things.

For example being able to turn things on and off via custom flags in S_SKIN or the character definition in a SOC.

Allow the music change linedef to accept numbers in music lump names

*New* (June 7): Make 2d mode's jump strength be 3d mode's too.

Last edited:
I know SRB2.org says that 2.1.24 will likely be the last update, but I'd really like a mini patch where if a controller disconnects, you can use it without having to go to the Controls option menu and reselecting that controller, just like in SRB2Kart

Maybe a level header value to specify what flowers to use with the soniccd command set to on, since the GFZ flowers look kind of out of place in every other zone?
For example:
Code:
flowerset = thz
would make the game use the Techno Hill Zone flora in that map.

Last edited:
Suggestion

Maybe the Characters could have a floating animation? For a section like that Deep Sea Zone section, where you're pulled along a current before the checkpoint. It's near the end of Act 1 if you forgot. Maybe have it look something like what it looked like in Sonic 2 (or mania.) and give it a 5 frame rotation? Just a suggestion of mine. Although MAYBE you should consider this.

Last edited:
Will future SRB2 updates improve .pk3 support further? for example it would be convenient to be able to also load .zip files too like in other sourceports since .pk3s are basically .zips with different name.

Another neat addition would be allowing users to load wad files from within the Main .zip/.pk3 directory (again, like how other ports handle it) this would make it easier and faster to quickly load collections of addons in one click.

suggestion for SRB2 KART

basically versus mode from sonic racing transformed
https://youtu.be/9N9hukzvJaY

rules of this mode is really similar to Micro Machines
https://youtu.be/2glNf_9MNZc

i always thought that versus mode had a lot of potential but in transformed it was just like 5 missions with bots and that's it
you couldn't play it with your friend or something like that
maybe someone made a mod for SRB2 KART already and idk about it?

Can we bind 2 keys for a single action at the same time? pretty sure it was possible in earlier versions but for some reason this is no longer possible. I like to bind the spindash key to both X and LSHIFT but I can't do that anymore in the current version for some reason. same thing for mouse, I tried setting jump key to both SPACE and RMB but it only accepts one at a time, why?

I tried setting the "controls per key" option to "several" but that only lets you use the same key multiple times for different actions, it doesn't let you use two keyboard keys or keyboard and mouse keys at the same time in the same action.

The "Controls Per Key" option allows you to bind the same KEY to different controls. Binding different keys to the same control should work always.

Yeah but it doesn't, when I try to set both SPACE and RMB to jump it just changes it rather than adding it as a secondary button.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back