SRB2CB - Community Build (Final 1.09.4 Version!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice said:
So is this just a contribution of sprites, textures, socs, codes, etc. as a resource? Or is it going to be some kind of mod?
This is a new version of SRB2 made so anyone can add to and use the exe/data files to make better levels for SRB2.

Senku said:
Knuckles' s_skin has digging = 1, yet he can't dig ingame.

Yes, he can, it's used in combination with a special sector teleporting effect activated by digging.

Shoop said:
Er, the .EXE's link is broken.
No, it's probably your browser/download acceleator, I'll upload this somewhere else when I can

Shoop said:
By the way, did you ask Shuffle if you could use his stuff like the daytonight lump in the header? :/

Yes, I did actually, and shuffle said this as well:
Shuffle said:
[18:02] <Shuffle> In an open-source community, everything is up in the air. As long as you give credit where credit is due, it's no biggie.

fawfulman said:
I have a great idea to make the new 2d mode even better! Instead of making it so that the direction of movement is fixed, make it so that 2D mode can follow a "path" using NiGHTS Axis Points, Transfers, and Lines!

Oh, I actually considered that before, great first suggestion, but the problem is it's not the best way to do it, technically speaking:

1) The nights system itself is a little bit off, so even if something is correctly setup, sometimes it may not work
2) Srb2's 2D mode isn't handled by one defined path, as you probably already know, the player strafes, so for the player to snap to one part of the path wouldn't work that well with the way it's setup already.

So here's my solution, in the next version I'll make 2 versions of 2D mode, one that allows you to move like it did before - east and west, and a new one, north and south, this will allow for criss-crossing, more dynamic 2D paths in a level, I'll try and see if I can make 2D mode also allow for custom angles via linedef effects, the only problem is making sure the player doesn't move out of a custom angled 2D plane.

Also, slightly off topic:
fawfulman said:
I want to know if there's a way to change the default OpenGL Video graphics filter to Trilinear, so I don't have to switch to it every time I open SRB2.

SRB2CB auto saves your GL filter settings :P

Oh. You don't have Trilinear as an option, though...the best filter you have is Bilinear_mipmapped. Still a pretty good mode, though; greatly reduces the moire effect.

Add more things from Shufflar, for example the Mario mode more Mario!
And bots from JTE! (but no the Super Virus) Awesome job friend!

Luisete said:
And bots from JTE! (but no the Super Virus)
why? it was epic, and i loved seeing my little sister running away when i play jte. >:D

Speedylizzard14 said:
Luisete said:
(but no the Super Virus)
why? it was epic, and i loved seeing my little sister running away when i play jte. >:D
Yay! But the Super Virus is exclusive of JTE, and he is making... for example... The best of community, huh? Bots, Mario, Day and Night, all good things but no exclusive things, I think. This is my opinion.

I just tried Adventure Mode with this. Two things:

1) Tone down the Lightdash. Waaaay too fast.

2) It's only happened to me once or twice, but when you use the Homing Attack on a spring, sometimes you just get sent in the opposite direction you hit the spring from.

Inb4whogivesa****aboutadventuremode

Wow, I like it. There are some things that could make 2d mode better, though.

1: Make speed pads move you in any direction in 2d mode, not just left and right. Would be great for making multipal paths.

2: A thing item that could set where Sonic must run in 2d mode, so you don't get stuck when Sonic is not alined right.

fawfulfan said:
Hey, yeah! That would make it easier to design levels! The game could be made so that if Sonic reaches the end of an Axis semicircle, he'd just keep going in a straight line from there, so you wouldn't have to outline the entire track.

Glad you like my idea! Anyone else have comments?

I've thought of having a 2D level that dynamically curves like that. It will be awesome watching the camera spin for a spiral staircase.

Very bad problem, multiplayer desync'd when me and Kitsune were in coop and they killed a Crawla. On their screen I stopped to a halt, but on my screen I was still moving, my spindash ans swords were the only way to see where I really was, and to resync I had to walljump.

Senku Niola said:
Very bad problem, multiplayer desync'd when me and Kitsune were in coop and they killed a Crawla. On their screen I stopped to a halt, but on my screen I was still moving, my spindash ans swords were the only way to see where I really was, and to resync I had to walljump.

I know exactly what the problem is, it has to do with A_CapeChase, and the fact that I haven't updated this to .a yet, I should be able to easily fix it in the next version.

------------------

On a different note, I've been adding quite a few things to SRB2CB, such as better MD2 support,
they've been fixed to show colormaps, and now they also have full support for

srb20001tz1.png

translucency.

Now to only get the frames to be setup right... :P

Update - SRB2CB v1.0

New Update, lots of new fixes/features:

Changelog (SRB2CB v0.1 - v1.0):

Many bug fixes and such

New move - Jump Dive, press spindash in the air to slam straight to the ground, enable it by adding a jumpdive = 1 in a map header

MD2 Colormap and translucency support

Increased speed limit, players can travel up to 80 Fracunits a second

Network security update

2D mode speed is faster by default

Added support for changing 2D mode's camera distance

2D mode camera does not reset when the camera distance variable is set to a low distance

Added community pack textures to the data file

New map options:
homing - Allows homing attacks
lightdash - Allows lightdashing
nostopmusic - Make sure the game doesn't not interrupt the level music, doesn't change the music at the end of the stage either
levellightadd - You can change the brightness of a whole map by using the map header
sonicboom - Allows mappers to use a sonic rush like boosting move
jumpdive - Enables jump dive

Lots of other stuff

---------------------------

Exe:
http://conicpp.sepwich.com/srb2cb/cb1-0.zip

Source Code: not needed to use SRB2CB
http://www.mediafire.com/?tgxatzbu2hy

SRB2 Doom Builder Config:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tzojmeyzmyj/SRB2CB.cfg

Questions:
Why are the shadows so dark?
Why do sunflowers emit green particles?
Why do the particles look like snow?
Why doesn't Sonic/otherwise go transparent when the camera is too close?
Why's the camera so far away? I like the normal one.
Isn't the checkpoint effect a bit TOO excessive? :P

Bug reports:
Shadows appear BELOW floating platforms, even when the object is above it.

Suggestions:
Can you make a "no shadows" soc option? Some objects shouldn't be giving shadows.
Can you put the 1.1 intermission screen in?
Nice coronas. You should make the draw distance thing optional, though. I'd prefer to have a lighting draw distance, for performance.

I'll Begin said:
Questions:

Why are the shadows so dark?

The darkness is relative to the brightness of the sector, the darker the sector is, the lighter the shadow

Why do sunflowers emit green particles?

I was thinking it looked cool, it can be socced off if needed

Why do the particles look like snow?

That's the way I made the sprite, eventually, multiple shapes of particles will be added

Why doesn't Sonic/otherwise go transparent when the camera is too close?

Bug, fixed as of now for the next version

Why's the camera so far away? I like the normal one.

People say that the camera in srb2 is too close sometimes, so I made the 2D, nights, and 3D camera farther away, I just made it so that custom camera preferences can be saved (I don't know why srb2 doesn't normally do this)

Bug reports:

Shadows appear BELOW floating platforms, even when the object is above it.

I'll have to check that, I can't remember if I did that on purpose or something

Suggestions:

Can you make a "no shadows" soc option? Some objects shouldn't be giving shadows.

Yes, things like thok graphics already have no shadow, but it's possible for me to make a soccable no shadow option per object

Can you put the 1.1 intermission screen in?
I just tried, and sorry, I can't figure out how to put it in both renderers, I can't copy SVN code either, because the software code is too different

Nice coronas. You should make the draw distance thing optional, though. I'd prefer to have a lighting draw distance, for performance.

Well, the lights are drawn with the sprite now, I just added support for not processing the light when the sprite draw distance is limited(limit draw console command or nights stages), it's possible for me to add support for just the light draw distance, if that's what you're asking, it requires a bit of tinkering though.

Kaysakado said:
Instead of particles having a sprite, could it be possible to just have an invisible object with a corona?

Oh, of course, particles can emit any type of object, the particle operation just controls the movement of the object emitted.

I can't activate the jumpdive or homing attack. What I have to put for activate? homing 1? jumpdive on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back