Making invincibility/Mario invincibility music loop?

SSG3

Oh, THAT Youtuber...
Can you tell me how I can make music that doesn't normally loop (e.g. speed shoes, invincibility, title screen) loop like the others? I've been puzzled about it for days and thought I'd find some help on this part. (YES, I've already set the LOOPOINT tag with the sample specified by Audacity...)

There's no way to force jingles to loop without an EXE modification in the standard audio formats. I think if you used one of the GME formats it'd respect loop points in there, but chances are pretty low that you're using NSFs for your music.

To further help, if the theme you're using is too short, I suggest that you extended the theme to at least 20 seconds, which is the normal power up theme time.

There's no way to force jingles to loop without an EXE modification in the standard audio formats. I think if you used one of the GME formats it'd respect loop points in there, but chances are pretty low that you're using NSFs for your music.

Is that a similar way to how SRB2 Kart got the title screen and invincibility musics to loop, or did they extend it first?

Kart's hardcoding allowed the themes to loop, somehow. But I'm still suggesting that you can loop the theme yourself with audacity, or if an extension already exists, find it on YouTube.

Is that a similar way to how SRB2 Kart got the title screen and invincibility musics to loop, or did they extend it first?

For your information, you can get the title screen music to loop without any coding whatsoever if you put "LoopTitle = true" in the MAINCFG of your wad.

But the shoes theme in 2.2 is capable of being looped. I tried it with a mod; it's possible. How come you can't do it to the invincibility?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back