[Open Assets] More Choices

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MotdSpork

Mafia? Zombies? Gold spork?
Have you ever just wanted to play as Tails and have Knuckles follow you around? Or how about Sonic and Knuckles? Well now you can with more choices.

Features:
Play as every combination of characters in SRB2.
Gamedata, so you can save your game with them.

Attachments

• srb20013.gif
    srb20013.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 2,761
  • morechoices.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,187
Whoops, I'm awfully sorry for completely failing to spot this thread and let other wad through. Especially when this was not only submitted earlier, but also has its addon settings configured properly and has a gif showing the script in action.

And to repeat what I said in the previous thread~
This is a fairly simple script, but you can use it to break a few things in interesting ways. For example using Knuckles as an ai buddy to reach areas Sonic or Tails can't normally access, or using Knuckles with tails as an ai buddy to bypass Knuckles only paths like in CEZ1.

thank you, and its not your fault. I'm sure it can be hard choosing which addons pass and dont pass. Especially if they are similar.

I would figure that he probably saw the one that was submitted later first because it was a "newer" topic.

This is pretty good and interesting. Except for the fact that the bot code is not to be found in the script... Welp, Back to the source code...

This is pretty good and interesting. Except for the fact that the bot code is not to be found in the script...

That's because this is lua, not C. Bots are (to my knowledge) impossible to code using lua. Why do you need the bot code anyway?

EDIT: I just looked inside the file, it turns out it's a SOC. Well there goes my post's un-redundantness.

Last edited:
A character duo soc takes all of 5 seconds to make so you really need better character select images (preferably consistent with Sonic & Tails) for this to not feel pointless. The current images are really awkward and way too small.

Last edited:
This might be asking too much, But I was hoping I could combine any two characters from WAD files.
Maybe, if possible can you add a combiner, like, you can make a team?
Sorry if you can't. BUT IT WOULD BE COOL.

Sonic Heroes is one of my favorite Sonic games, so this is kinda like a gold mine. I don't know a lot about .wads, considering how new I am to SRB2 and the file extension itself, so I didn't even know this was possible. Thanks for creating this! I can't wait to see what you make next.

Sonic Heroes is one of my favorite Sonic games, so this is kinda like a GOLD mine.
Speaking of Sonic Heroes, Do you think that you could create three characters for the Team?
That is if it's possible to have Tails and Knuckles following Sonic, or Sonic and Knuckles following Tails etc.

Unfortunately, the soccing only allows 1 more character to be attached to the main player. Trust me, I've tried before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back