• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Emeralds Mod

Radicalicious

eternal swagularity
Hey there. I'm working on a mod called the Super Emeralds Mod that adds in the Super Emeralds from Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

HOW IT WORKS:

Once you have collected all 7 Chaos Emeralds, all the Special Stage Tokens will become Super Emeralds of random colors. Once you've collected at least 7 of these bad boys then you can unleash true power.

HYPER SONIC:

Hyper Sonic is the ultimate Sonic. He has cool afterimages, can breathe underwater (and in space!), and destroys all enemies around him when he thoks. Thanks to Monster Iestyn for helping me with the colors!

SUPER TAILS:

Super Tails returns, as a reward for those with all 14 emeralds. He has infinite flight, and his Super Whirlwind ability returning from 2.1. Unlike Sonic, he can't breathe underwater.

HYPER KNUCKLES:

Since there are now 14 emeralds, Knuckles can go super with only 7. While super, he can multiglide, similar to his 2.1 ability. That's not all, though! With all 14 emeralds, our favorite echinda can become Hyper Knuckles, which allows him to destroy all nearby badniks when latching onto a wall. Thanks to MotdSpork for letting me use their code!

(NEW) SUPER AMY:

With all 14 emeralds, Amy can harness their power! Amy now has the strength to spin while jumping, and whenever her Super Hammer hits the ground, badniks beware. She kills nearby badniks when her hammer slams onto the ground, inspired by Hydro's Emerald Abilities Mod.

(NEW) SUPER FANG:

Fang can also use the power of the super emeralds. Like Amy, he can spin mid air. Whenever he hits the ground while bouncing, he nukes all nearby enemies, like Amy's hammer does.

HYPER METAL:

I haven't quite decided on his yet. He currently has no hyper form, but if you want, you can suggest some in comments.

I hope that this mod does well. It's very WIP, and most of the GIFs are outdated by now. Suggest features in the comments!

Attachments

• srb20013.gif
    srb20013.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 6,068
  • srb20015.gif
    srb20015.gif
    5.7 MB · Views: 2,632
  • srb20016.gif
    srb20016.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,549
  • srb20027.gif
    srb20027.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 1,340
  • srb20035.gif
    srb20035.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 2,209
Very neat concept! Also, for Metal Sonic I would do something related to boost mode, seeing as it is his main gimmick among the vanilla cast.

I think maybe make all Hyper Characters have fully charged spindashes or give them a very slight speed increase, making them faster than their Super counterparts. The Hyper Transformation sequence could also use a different sound, like the Armageddon Shield blast sound.

With the Super Emeralds replacing the Emerald Tokens, that sounds like a neat idea, but I also think that it may be too easy for the player to get them all. Perhaps disable their Super Transformations and maybe after finding a Super Emerald, they must finish a stage with required number of rings (such as 50 or more) which rewards them the Super Emerald; if a player finishes the stage without the required number of rings, the Super Emerald is lost and they'll have to find another one in the next stage. I think these give the Super Emeralds a nice Risk and Reward factor, it'll essentially be like the next set of Special Stages for the player.

I think maybe make all Hyper Characters have fully charged spindashes or give them a very slight speed increase, making them faster than their Super counterparts. The Hyper Transformation sequence could also use a different sound, like the Armageddon Shield blast sound.

With the Super Emeralds replacing the Emerald Tokens, that sounds like a neat idea, but I also think that it may be too easy for the player to get them all. Perhaps disable their Super Transformations and maybe after finding a Super Emerald, they must finish a stage with required number of rings (such as 50 or more) which rewards them the Super Emerald; if a player finishes the stage without the required number of rings, the Super Emerald is lost and they'll have to find another one in the next stage. I think these give the Super Emeralds a nice Risk and Reward factor, it'll essentially be like the next set of Special Stages for the player.

I'll see about adding something to make the Super Emeralds harder to obtain.

Hyper Tails obviously gets flickies. :sonicsass:
Also I wouldn't have fang's bounce do an armageddon pow.
Also since tails can go super with 7 emeralds in mania... yeah. I'd prefer super tails be a thing with 7 emeralds.

Last edited:
I think amy should also have the Super flickes since shes technically friends with the flickies going off the artwork for srb2.

I know tails had Super flickies but he is really powerful with infinite flight and Super whirlwind.

As for Hyper metal - I'd say dash mode activates on running frames and he can fly rather than float, sorta like mania Super Sonic.

I mean I don't really think Tails needs infinite flight, the super whirlwind i suppose makes sense, instead of destroying enemies, he has a quicker tool for ascending. I mean I suppose super tails doesn't need a limited flight, unless the level design is super not designed for it and it can cause major cheese and balancing issues and stuff.

Amy never did go super in any game, and she was friends with a flicky in Sonic Adventure as well. Not really against Super Amy having flickies, but it is never stated in the canon or anything.

for hyper metal i would make the spindash be automatically be in boost mode,like,0.2 seconds for it to get in boost mode,make him able to gain momentum while floating,and make him faster on foot i guess

I had plans for expanding Hyper Abilities to cover all 6 vanilla characters, but I put them on hold due to my interests being diverted elsewhere. However, one of the ideas I did have for Hyper Metal Sonic is that, whenever his Dashmode ability activates, it unleashes a "Sonic Boom" that functions similarly to the other characters' nuke abilities.

However, one of the ideas I did have for Hyper Metal Sonic is that, whenever his Dashmode ability activates, it unleashes a "Sonic Boom" that functions similarly to the other characters' nuke abilities.

I agree with this! I feel like, because Metal is the last bonus character, because he's the dark mirror version of Sonic, Hyper Metal should be full god mode. Apocalypse mode. And that should be HORRIFYING to an absurd, insane degree that could be a lot of fun.

Like I feel like if I get 50 rings, and I have 14 Emeralds, and I'm a robot clone of Sonic with a jet pack, I should have some kind of ridiculously over-powered move at this point. The player has played a lot of game just to get here, so it should be something over the top.

Maybe release a full-screen white-nuke blast that destroys all enemies, like the nuclear shield but wider by like 10 or 20%... maybe even 100%, all enemies... let's call this move the Robo Blast.

To what end? Why is this different from the nuke shield, or Knuckles' wall grip, Amy's hammer or Fang's bounce? I think it would be interesting if there was a twist.

Since Metal is evil, a giant nuke blast wouldn't kill the badniks. It would kill everything! Or it would make more badniks out of things. It would be the worst possible scenario for the good guys if Metal Sonic acquired all of that power.

So here's my pitch. I think this would be funny and cool to play as a properly powerful "evil" Sonic.

Hyper Metal Sonic's robo blast white-flashes the screen.

Every enemy is quadrupled or more, spammed Badniks cover the platforms and the skies. BUT - they do not attack, and cannot damage you. They are deferential. You can still destroy them. But they run and cower. They recognize the Deus Ex Alpha Machina that flies among them. It's like you're Agent Smith in The Matrix Revolutions.

Completely insane -- go all the way with it. Maybe the colors invert, or maybe just in like the sky part of it. What you've essentially done is eradicated all life on the planet and turned them into robot slaves. An absolute nightmare for the good guys (and Eggman, his one rival for power) in this version of the story, but an absurd thrill for the player.

Imagine hover boosting through Red Volcano and making a path through a sky full of pterodactyl bots, but they part for you, their ruler, like the spikes do for vanilla Metal's boost... the badnik version of the Red Sea for Moses.

When you run out of rings to revert to vanilla Metal, the colors revert to normal, but this now insane amount of badniks are still on the map, and now they CAN and WILL hurt you. So if you run out of rings, it's a pretty funny "oops, shit! well, hold on, this could be fun" moment.

So you get 14 emeralds, and 50 rings, you jump + spin to activate Hyper Metal Sonic. Once you get to top speed, a double-jump releases the Robo Blast. This roboticizes this part of the world; in effect it exponentially increases the spam spawning Badniks to fill the map to the most exaggerated way possible without crashing.

The Badniks are everywhere, but you have an invisible force-field shield basically -- they hover around you, like the freed animals usually do, or like Super Tails' golden flickies. You can pierce through your own force-field to destroy them but they try to avoid you if possible, though you're faster.

You hover through the level as the dark evil god of the horrible nightmare robot world.

...Until you run out of rings. And without the Hyper status, suddenly you've become enemy #1, "good luck!"

Anyway that's the pitch.

I thought that the playable version of Metal was a reconfigured one to become good.
So he shouldn't have an evil ability.

I've put it on hold for other projects at the moment. Turns out Hyper Knuckles' wall earthquake ability might be implemented in base SRB2 for Super Knuckles, though. I might just decide to implement some of these in base SRB2 now that Mystic and Rob can't veto me out instantly, lol.

The Idea sounds great!

Also:
Hyper Metal should have an infinite fly, he don't falls slowly when flying, and too runs even more faster, and the turbo mode charges faster.

Last edited:
For Hyper Metal you could have him have no drop when floating, faster float acceleration , faster running, and in exchange for having no nuke and same speed dashmode fill, you can doubletap forward to do a high speed dash.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back