HMS123311: Remastered

wolfs

Watch Symphogear
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
recolor.png

LOLZ, DATS the newly ported 2.1 edition of HMS123311 after more than two weeks in development! Cool right?! Yeah, this is the extra-special Remastered Edition created through lots of blood, sweat, toe-stubbing, and porting over collision from incredibly outdated code. Chock-full of new abilities, the Remaster also includes the iconic Voice version of HMS123311 alongside the default version, for you to decide if you want more (or less) of the Overpowered Recolor Experience®! Of course, you don't want to spend your time all on the fancy intro paragraph, do you? Onward to the showcase!

ERZ2Fastest.gif

Fear my overpowered recolor!

ERZ1Fastest.gif

Overpowered qualities!

ERCZFastest.gif

Ha, that didn't hurt me, you only hit my toe!

(First two gifs recorded by Drflash55. Thank you!)

Ability List:
(for those who didn't already know it)
  • Chaos Control Armageddon Multi-Thok
  • Hyper Spindash
  • Permanent Attraction
  • Permanent Elemental Flames
  • Permanent Drown/Suffocation resistance
  • No ring-drain Super mode
  • Extremely high S_SKIN values
  • Match Super in SP/Co-op/Race
  • BossKill™
  • ULTIMATE RECOLOR GLORY!!!111!!!1!
  • Resistance to Toe-stubbing
  • Incredible Backstory writing
  • More to (probably not) come!

Known Bugs:
  • Some mobjs are deleted/killed on contact if not on a whitelist
  • Chaos Controlling into certain sectors can kill you

Changelog:

Version 1.21
  • Fixed the broken "tunes default" call.
Version 1.2
  • Complete code refactor
  • Chaos Control has minimal support for "breaking" glass FOFs. No visual effect for it, but HMS can remove their solidity.
  • Bugs with adding HMS in the middle of a netgame have been fixed.
  • Bugs with switching skins from HMS have been fixed.
  • Fancy sparks from 1.09.4 have been ported successfully.
  • Added some extra entries to the whitelist script.
  • Made mobj kill detection a lot better.
  • HMS doesn't endlessly rise when dying.
  • Removed footcancer. Again.
  • More bugfixes, most of which I forgot.
  • HMS is disabled in ringslinger gametypes. I shouldn't have to point out why it would be a bad idea to keep him enabled.
Version 1.1
  • Almost every single bug has been fixed by Katmint! Now you can enjoy recolor glory in peace!
  • Whitelist updated. Should no longer cause issues in ERZ3 and NiGHTS mode.
  • Abilities will no longer function in ringslinger gametypes.
  • Frame-freeze after finishing the level have been fixed.
  • All instances of super transform loops have been fixed.
  • Removed footcancer.
Version 1.0
  • Initial Release.

Along with what's been shown, the wad also has numerous surprises along with some acutal OC in the form of transformation sprites done by the legendary MotorRoach!

LightDash.org Mirror

Keep yourselves posted for updates, as I'll be sure to (attempt to) deliver on those!

(Wolfy was permanently banned for this post: <+RedEnchilada> because you always have the best ideas for afd jokes on march 31st at 11:16pm)

Attachments

• srb20013.jpg
    srb20013.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 8,127
  • srb20011.jpg
    srb20011.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 8,548
  • HMS123311 - Remastered - v1.21.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 7,276
Last edited:
Could you upload the wad as an attatchment to your opening post? It's useful for us to have a version hosted here in case your link goes down in future. And let's face it, we all want HMS to be preserved for eternity.

Could you upload the wad as an attatchment to your opening post? It's useful for us to have a version hosted here in case your link goes down in future. And let's face it, we all want HMS to be preserved for eternity.
Sorry, just realized the attatchment system went bonkers on me after submitting it. I'll get it back up right away.
EDIT: Should be up now.

Last edited:
And so resumes the era of the greatest WAD in SRB2 history... [citation needed]

Somehow, this WAD is even more entertaining than it was beforehand, but there seems to be a bug when using the dynamic duo. The brother tends to spam the super transformation sound continually for no apparent reason (I'm assuming that wasn't intended, anyway).

The bot respawns when it gets too far away, and every time it respawns it has to transform again. That's why you're hearing the sound so much.

Well, this is giving me VERY severe 1.09.4 SRB2JTE flashbacks.. wow. Back when I used the username J-town, too...

Glad to see this remade ;D

Wow, I haven't seen that "render" image of HMS in years. He seems way more OP than he ever was before. Going to try this now.
EDIT: Could that wad name be longer? If you ever update this you could just call it hms.wad. I know I can use the launcher, but still.

Hey Wolfy, you still have three custom buttons to use!
Here's a custom ability I recommend: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=38714
I wanna avoid convoluting this wad with abilities that HMS clearly doesn't need. His jump height is higher than three of those springs.

Wow, I haven't seen that "render" image of HMS in years. He seems way more OP than he ever was before. Going to try this now.
EDIT: Could that wad name be longer? If you ever update this you could just call it hms.wad. I know I can use the launcher, but still.
The long name was meant for nostalgic purposes, that's just me and my ways~

Besides, it isn't long to the point where it would require something like that :/

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back