Official Level Design Contest: November/December 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
On second thought, Leafy Heath Zone probably won't make it in this contest. I don't think that there'll be anything from me this time.

Sand Valley is nearing completion. It's been kinda rough, but i'm getting it done. After the third teleport (Yeah. A LOT of teleports. One where you would NEVER expect it.) you get into an open area that once you finish one run from one wall to te other, you go back, but behind where you last started, making a background that, by the very end, you can wee the whole 3/4ths of the stage. I like it (Though it causes lag on bad computers. XO) And for my very first Single Player level, I'm liking it. :D

srb20006qe7.png

That's what i'm talking about. :D

So, anyways, enough of me bragging. XD I'll send this in before December if i'm lucky, i'm leaving my computer to go to my Grandma's ouse for christmas. (lolcliche)

Wow, progress on my 2D level is going quite slow, but right now, it's about 60% complete. I fully intend to finish Blown Fuse Zone for this contest.

It also seems as though we're not having nearly as many entries this contest. =/

wewt

I don't think my level was sent correctly last contest so I did it much more clean this time... Hopefully it gets in this time.

:D

Nathan, your level is a lot more aesthetically solid than my 2D level. Mine is detailed, but it's really random, like Dynamic Temple Zone. Well, Boinciel and Torgo complimented BFZ's background, so I suppose that's good.

oh no. its pretty long and i used most of the scenery as obstacles. it is a major improvement over my levels.

I have a CTF stage, and maybe a match stage for this contest, I may submit it between tonight or the end of the week. I'm just doing tweaks, but I've done the main designs.

verifiaman said:
oh no. its pretty long and i used most of the scenery as obstacles. it is a major improvement over my levels.

To confirm his statement, yes, it is a major improvement. I would say in the state I saw it last, it would get about a 4.5/10.

Number of Sectors don't always make the map, and I don't like the gloating. :/

Number of sectors is not the sole deciding factor of the size of a level, SS and verifiaman. It also influenced by the following:

- Amount of sector-based detail
- Amount of special effects
- Amount of stairs used
- Whether you merged sectors or not

And also, try to keep sector count as low as possible, because more sectors mean the level will slow down, especially in software.

Finally, my 2D level is complete. All I just need is a review from Torgo and I'm ready to submit it. My brain feels exhausted from making the level. I've never felt so utterly restricted in the techniques I could use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back