SRB2 Doom Builder 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did try it, yeah.

And frankly, because DB2 was designed to be modified via extensions (of which GZDoom 3D Mode is one), the better question is why didn't we design SRB2DB2 as an extension to DB2 instead of a separate program entirely? I mean, they've already made SRB2DB2 out-of-date with a DB2 update this month. Not exactly a good sign.

It's because the code needed to support SRB2 specific stuff is hard-coded(i.e. not in plugins) to my knowledge, I had to edit the main program and the plugin to make it work. I would have made it a just plugin if I knew how.

Well, my projects being done for the time being, I thought I'd download this and figure it out. I did everything according to the instructions, but I'm getting an "Unhandled Exception D3DERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005530516)." error, whenever I try to open a map or create a new one. I installed all the files in the OP, and set everything up accordingly. Any suggestions as to how to fix it?

You can try updating your Direect X files and updating your video drivers. You could also use the dependancy files on the first post.

My driver files are updated, and so is DirectX. I already used the dependency files in the first post. The problem remains. And it's not just SRB2DB2. I can't run regular old DB2 either, and there seems to be no answer for me, anywhere on the internet. In fact, verifiaman, I, and two random youtubers seem to be the only one that has ever had the same problem, as evidenced by a search I did. And in neither of the four cases has advice or solutions ever been offered. I can't think of one reason it shouldn't work.

Same thing happened to me. I remember googling the problem myself, and on some of the forums they said it might be the graphics card or something.

Make sure "GZDoom Visual Mode" is ENABLED (it's near the top of the list) and "Visual Mode" is DISABLED (it's at the bottom of the list)

Am I doing something wrong? I found no such option as "GZDoom Visual Mode". Neither FOFs or slopes in 3D mode. Only a few thing sprites in 3D mode. Such as rings and starts but not the new shield monitors. No thing Z position, at all, which is totally bumming me out. And finally, for what ever reason my custom wall textures appear in both 2D and 3D Editing mode but then are replaced with Green Flower Rocks during a map test. This is particularly strange since I have not had this problem before.

Did you look at the right place? Tools>Game Config>SRB2 Community Build v.1.1>modes.

Heck, it also sounds like you aren't using the config either.

Am I doing something wrong? I found no such option as "GZDoom Visual Mode". Neither FOFs or slopes in 3D mode. Only a few thing sprites in 3D mode. Such as rings and starts but not the new shield monitors. No thing Z position, at all, which is totally bumming me out. And finally, for what ever reason my custom wall textures appear in both 2D and 3D Editing mode but then are replaced with Green Flower Rocks during a map test. This is particularly strange since I have not had this problem before.

First of all, the PNG version of SRB2CB apparently changes all textures to GFZROCK if they don't have the PNG counterparts.
Secondly, I just redownloaded DB2 and I can use offsets. The sprite problem may be due to the fact you need to add srb2.srb and SRB2CB.dta (?) as resources.
And thirdly, GZDoom Visual Mode needs to be activated before you can use it, in the Game Configurations Settings in the Modes Tab, like Dark Metal said.
If this doesn't work, do you have Doom Builder 2 or SRB2DB2?

Well, y'all definitely got me thinking. First, Dark Metal, I'm almost positive I'm looking in the right place. Secondly, I'm almost positive it is a config problem. I'm juggling through some 7 CFG files trying to find the right fit. All of which I downloaded from threads claiming to be the most updated. Fair to say, I'm having a hard time finding the one that truly is. Violo, firstly, I think I have 3 different builders on my computer at the moment; SRBDB, DB2, and something that called itself SRB2 community Build when I downloaded it. Though the exe and file names in the community builder only call themselves "Builder". Thirdly, you mentioned another resource file, SRB2CB.dta. and Thank you for that! All sprites are now accounted for:D As for the PNGs, a few more details would be helpful. Do I need to keep PNGs of my textures between PP_START and P_END in my wad file? This is something I'll try probably before you can get back to me on it. O.K. back to the config problem. This is what my situation looks like. Again, I assume that the problem is my fault. I may not be using the right program. However, this is it all looks like. The program calls itself Community Build and I have, what I believe to be the most Recent SRB exes.

5TPVn.png

I thank you both for your input and apologize if I'm giving you headaches.

You need:

• Version of SRB2: SRB2 Community Build
  • Map editor: SRB2 Doom Builder 2, which can be downloaded in the first post of this thread
  • Config: "SRB2CBDb2.cfg"

Last edited:
You need:

• Version of SRB2: SRB2 Community Build
  • Map editor: SRB2 Doom Builder 2, which can be downloaded in the first post of this thread
  • Config: "SRB2CBDb2.cfg"

Got 'em all but the builder wont start up. I get an error message. I've previously installed DB2 but I tried the dependency files for kicks. One of them, SlimDX wont finish the installation... no mater where I've tried downloading it. I'm sure the issue lies somewhere in that fact.

What was the solution than?

What a good looking question!

To anybody having an issue with the Builder Depend...

The problem I had installing SlimDX, and the problem I found more often than anything else in forums was an error code, 2753. It's a registry problem in some root dll. files vital for graphical interfaces, most notably in game programing. I found several solutions.

First,
* Click your way to to run, or whatever your OS' equivalent may be.
* Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll and hit enter.
* A notification should pop up stating "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded".
* Try the install again!

Second,
*Repeat those steps but type regsvr32 msi.dll and hit enter.

Neither of these worked for me but they worked for others and I thought it was good advice!

Finally, I downloaded an "upgraded" version of the same SlimDX available in the Builder Depend, because absolutely no other version would get the builder running. I still don't know why.
Here ya' go:D
http://slimdx.googlecode.com/files/SlimDX Runtime (March 2009 SP1).msi

Been a while since I messed around trying to get DB2 to work. I tried every possible thing, including the stuff in the above post, just in case it would somehow work, but no. This is the message I get whenever I try to open a map.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU-.bmp

My sympathies, friend. I know how frustrating it can be. It should also be noted that before I went through the above steps I upgraded all my net frameworks and runtimes. My advice to you is to take that error message apart; Unhandled exception, D3DRERR_UNHANDEDCALL, 200530516. Google these terms and educate yourself on everything that's going on. Cause' knowledge is power! A solution is bound to present itself. It's just a computer. Made by humans, operated by humans. It speaks a language so simple it would make a grasshopper laugh. You can do it!

I know this might sound retarded to ask this... But can this editor use a script editor like first SRB2DB? If so how? If not I still got the trusty old XWE or some other lump editor. ^_~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back