SLADE: No patches found for *insert 4 letter chharacter here* frame ]

Dee

Red, Orange and ready!
Modding is not very easy, especially in sprite work. When I got this message, it said: No patches found for frame ]. Can anyone help me fix this?

Try going to Edit -> Preferences -> Editing and checking the box marked "Use percent encoding if needed outside of Wad Archives", if that box isn't already checked.

Are you making a character wad or pk3? If so, do you actually have sprites for that frame in particular?

Alternatively, have you missed out any of the other frames before then?

I'm making a character wad, and I do have sprites for my character.

Make sure you have all the frames up to and including frame ]. This means you must cover all 8 angles for the sprites from A-Z and the symbols [, +, and ]. They also should be converted to the Doom graphics format, though I don't think that's the problem yielding your error.

I have all the sprites A-Z, and all sprites for [, +, and ] (] is only one sprite)

Are you sure you converted it to Doom format? Is there anything in between those sprites that interrupts them from being loaded? It might be helpful to show a screenshot of your lumps so we can identify what the problem is; the error itself is not a good indication of exactly what you've done wrong.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back