[SUGOI 2] Oh My God! It's Joseph Joestar In SUBARASHII: X-Mas Mode In July

can HMS123311 actually be found? if so, where? i really don't want to waste a lot of time trying to find him.
o1J0Ln8.png

VhDdGeh.png

HOLY SIETO!
No but seriously, great job everyone! I can't believe how something of this magnitude was pulled off, but it got done in the end, and the wait was well worth it.
(Too much alliteration D:<)
Also, I LOVE the True Final Boss! The cutscene is incredible, the boss was fun to play and it made me have fun and be surprised. That part feels like a whole new experience that I have never had before. Again, great job everyone!
I love this mod. It takes everything SRB2 has to offer and ramps it up 100 times, and I honestly couldn't believe my eyes at some of the things offered here. It doesn't feel like SRB2, it feels like a game in its own right.
(Also, this made me laugh XD)

Attachments

• srb20008.gif
    srb20008.gif
    167.6 KB · Views: 730
A few bugs...
Missing textures in Roasted Ravine Zone (green overlyed) and that misplaced ring (or a secret maybe?)
I finally cleared Roasted Ravine Zone! I can't say whether it's the CPU upgrade or mod update that reduced the lag to a playable level. I felt like the zone is too long.

Attachments

• srb20032.jpg
    srb20032.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 494
  • srb20033.jpg
    srb20033.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 510
  • srb20009.jpg
    srb20009.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 505
I actually optimized the script for Roasted Ravine for whenever SUBARASHII gets updated again. It drastically improves performance and fixes a few bugs as well. As for the length of the zone, I guess you can blame SAMMY_SWAG for going completely overboard.

(In fact I had to cut some of the level because it was so big the nodesbuilder literally didn't work anymore)

It seems doing sugoi_shieldswap on causes the game to print a warning and would cause it to lag just shortly after.
Code:
WARNING: scr_subarashii_v1-1.wad|LUA_S3KS:720: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'MF_AMBUSH' (a nil value)
This was on PlusC by the way.

Last edited:
First off I have to congradulate everybody who took part in making this because it was pretty outstanding all the way through, the only level i really didn't enjoy was roasted ravine for the obvious reason, but the idea was really interesting.

This might be slightly off-topic but how exactly do the emblems that are awarded upon completion of the level for the first time work, i've been looking to implement that into something i'm working on but i'm not sure how to go about doing so.

The level completion emblems are a little bit of a hack; it's a normal emblem, but placed waaay out of bounds, and via a Lua script it gets teleported on top of the player. The script determines if it's an emblem that should teleport solely from its color and sprite. It showing up on the radar is an unfortunate side-effect.

Last edited:
The level completion emblems are a little bit of a hack; it's a normal emblem, but placed waaay out of bounds, and via a Lua script it gets teleported on top of the player. The script determines if it's an emblem that should teleport solely from its color and sprite.

Had a feeling that was the case since they appear on the emblem radar. I don't suppose you'd be able to share with me any way of setting that up in my WAD, i'm not very familar with LUA so i've been avoiding using it in my level pack so far, but having level clear emblems would be a nice way of giving some of the unlocks to people who don't feel like spending a long time in record attack or emblem hunting.

Talking about level clear emblems... I got pretty confused with the emblem radar in Polluted Polis Zone when I tried to track the second emblem down. Just in the middle of the level it somehow managed to detect the level clear emblem as near by and I thought it was that second emblem but I couldn't find it. Well how anyways? Sooner or later I gave up and found the real second emblem and figured out that this emblem before was the level clear emblem.

I come back not with a hello, but with a bug report! Rude am I right?
Anyway, on to the real problem.
Bubble Tides Zone is bugged; the score emblem won't unlock (I suppose it's due to it being a 3 part NiGHTS map).
P0y1IR2.png

M9h0ly7.png

As for the review of the entire WAD itself, I was so hell-bent on fully completing this WAD that I kinda sorta skimmed through everything. I'll have to play everything all over again in order to get a good review material...
srb20001.png

I had this problem too. You need to gather a score of 110000 to get an A rank in the current mare, do it with all 3 mares as well and you will get an overall A rank and the emblem. Means, you need to gather a score of 330000 rather than 110000.

Better explanation, because it's not nearly as simple:

The "score" emblem isn't really a score emblem, it's an A rank emblem. This means your final average grade must be an A. You can get the emblem without getting an A in everything, since getting A/B/A will give you an average final grade of an A (only exception are rainbow A's, which require you get RA on everything; RA/RA/A will be just a normal A). The scores also vary from mare to mare, but not all that much; first mare is 110000, second is 105000, and the third is 135000. The menu only displays the first mare's score because there IS no "minimum score to reach" for multi-mare levels, since it really depends on how your playthrough goes.

Last edited:
Better explanation, because it's not nearly as simple:

The "score" emblem isn't really a score emblem, it's an A rank emblem. This means your final average grade must be an A. You can get the emblem without getting an A in everything, since getting A/B/A will give you an average final grade of an A (only exception are rainbow A's, which require you get RA on everything; RA/RA/A will be just a normal A). The scores also vary from mare to mare, but not all that much; first mare is 110000, second is 105000, and the third is 135000. The menu only displays the first mare's score because there IS no "minimum score to reach" for multi-mare levels, since it really depends on how your playthrough goes.
Well that explains everything. I suppose that's going to be addressed in 2.2 (or maybe not).
Thanks for the explanation though!
Time to finish my emblem hunt (and figure out a way to get 500k score in a certain map because I am quite stumped).

Time to finish my emblem hunt (and figure out a way to get 500k score in a certain map because I am quite stumped).

You're probably talking about my map, Palace Peaks, right? If you want a small hint on how to do that...

Go for the global emblems first. If you do, eventually you'll realize just how you're supposed to get so many points.

Last edited:
You're probably talking about my map, Palace Peaks, right? If you want a small hint on how to do that...

Go for the global emblems first. If you do, eventually you'll realize just how you're supposed to get so many points.

Yeah, I'm aware. Already have them all and seen what you mean.
Atlantis' has a very similar trick too.
But I feel like those alone aren't going to be quite enough (or at least, not as much as I'm expecting it to be). Still going to recheck and try to figure something out.

Yeah, I'm aware. Already have them all and seen what you mean.
Atlantis' has a very similar trick too.
But I feel like those alone aren't going to be quite enough (or at least, not as much as I'm expecting it to be). Still going to recheck and try to figure something out.

Oh wow, I actually forgot the trick to my own map. You're right, just that isn't enough, there's something else I forgot.

There's a place somewhere in the map that's basically a buffet of enemies placed in a way that you can easily chain them to gain more points along with the trick from the global emblem. It's right out in the open too, so spotting it shouldn't be too much trouble. Just have a run through the map and keep your eyes out and you'll know it when you see it. From there, you may be a few thousand points short, but smaller enemy chains, rings, and most importantly score monitors should be more than enough to make up for that.

Last edited:
Got all emeralds and saw the Final ending... So much work is done on this mod.
I liked that you dedicated a Zone for explorers (or cheaters).

It's nice to see Shadow's additional dialogues when played with 'Hyper Mysterious Shadonic Lolz Dats'.

I loved the use of slopes for aesthetics. Since there's a lot of zones to cover I dashed through most of them so can't give feedback on individual zones. But some exceptionally (acc. to me) beautiful zones (or parts of them) deserves appreciation (attached thumbnails). These are not all the zones that I found exceptionally beautiful. Just didn't took screenshots of them.

New mechanics brought the needed spices to this mod (including the roasting in Roasted Ravine Zone.. the zone can still $*ck my #$*# though.. [I know that the lag issue is solved.. but still....] )

The Airbase zone looked amazing but felt kinda boring.

I still hate that the emeralds are not saved. Get 3-4 emeralds.. System crash.. Urgent work... Accidentally hitting UPS power button... etc. etc....... Launch the game again.. BOOM! Emeralds are gone -_-
Not everyone has time to get tokens and all emeralds in one sitting.

And what the f.... those black rectangles are doing in the finale cutscenes (last attached image [blurred]).

More feedback & bugs info will be given once I briefly play the zones.

Attachments

• srb20027.jpg
    srb20027.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 489
  • srb20030.jpg
    srb20030.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 473
  • srb20028.jpg
    srb20028.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 487
  • srb20041.jpg
    srb20041.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 504
And what the f.... those black rectangles are doing in the finale cutscenes (last attached image [blurred]).

That has to do with the fact that you're using software mode and a non-green resolution, the hud for these cutscenes isn't re-centered for such resolutions sadly.

Ors has the right idea, the mod is incredible the way it's put together as a whole but each level also deserves attention! I'm starting to write an every-level mega-post so that'll be coming sometime soon... maybe. School is about to start for me so who knows haha. I might post it in chunks. For those who have already made one of those posts, good job!!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back