• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic 3D Blast Special Stages (srb2 style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

Well, lets all face it, the srb2 special stages can get pretty dull. We need excitement, we need fast paced, ring collecting, spike dodging action. Thats what this will give us:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8R8z1Ow6cgY&feature=youtu.be

This was a test run, and the test has passed, so I will be making 7 new special stages (obviously with better stage design, because I think from that video it looks rather ugly) in the same style that we saw in Sonic 3D Blast.

The only stage that is made so far, is the first one as seen in the video (However, I will change the designs of the levels, making the first special stage look like green flower zone, the second special stage looking like techno hill zone, etc)

This is a preety cool idea. Great work for the auto-scrolling map.
I noticed that in your first run you almost fell to the lava, which made the camera go normal and then it went back to a Top-Down camera. You should fix that. Keep up these great works man.

...considering how close 2.1 is now that's a bit of a moot point. =V

So 2.1 will have better special stages? :o excellent.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

This is a preety cool idea. Great work for the auto-scrolling map.
I noticed that in your first run you almost fell to the lava, which made the camera go normal and then it went back to a Top-Down camera. You should fix that. Keep up these great works man.

Yeah the map isn't entirely finished, I simply posted an idea of what it will look like (in fact you can see a little spring at the end of the video, I accidentally left it there after about to create the alternate path).

I am also thinking about adding that 3 rounds thing like in the 3d blast/sonic 2 special stages, where first round you need 30 rings or something, second round 50, and last 130 or something.

Yeah, the new special stages use the NIGHTS mode.

NiGHTS mode? So it will have super sonic flying around collecting chaos emeralds...to become super sonic? :o

Still, I wouldn't consider this at a moot point due to it having a different style of collecting emeralds than NiGHTS or original special stages.

Only problem: This will only work if the player moves side to side using the strafe keys. The people I know(including me) do not use the strafe keys in this game. They use left and right to turn left and right. No strafing, no mouse.

Only problem: This will only work if the player moves side to side using the strafe keys. The people I know(including me) do not use the strafe keys in this game. They use left and right to turn left and right. No strafing, no mouse.

Not that hard to switch to wasd when a special stage comes on :p. And I don't blame you, sometimes I don't strafe either, however strafing fits this special stage in many ways.

Also, just updated it to have a greenflower zone look, and I started on the second level just now.

Not that hard to switch to wasd when a special stage comes on :p.

Funny you say it, I rebound A and D to be Turn Left and Turn Right. I also unbound the strafe keys - no way to strafe unless I go to the controls and set it up again.

Don't let this discourage you though - I've always wanted to have S3DBlast-style Special Stages in SRB2!

Funny you say it, I rebound A and D to be Turn Left and Turn Right. I also unbound the strafe keys - no way to strafe unless I go to the controls and set it up again.

Don't let this discourage you though - I've always wanted to have S3DBlast-style Special Stages in SRB2!

It doesn't discourage me :p. If anything, if people post their true thoughts it in a way encourages me to make mt work better :o.

Another quick update, upon finishing the level (if the emerald is collected), the player is launched into the air followed by the special stage results screen.

look at new post

I think I made the second level too hard and too short. I let me brother try it, it took him 10 minutes to get it right. Also, the spikes do hurt the player even when he completes the stage, and my response is:

Emperor%2527s+New+Groove+Kuzco+the+llama+and+Pacha.jpg

"Working on it!" - Pacha

EDIT: Updated the levels by fixing the spikeball glitch (I simply changed the spikeballs to spikes, it is bigger and the player can see it better, and doesn't damage the player after the stage is complete) and fixed the second level to be easier.

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Here is the current version now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE3_sXL5z7M&feature=youtu.be

kinda reminds me of sonic dash now :p

Last edited:
Why don't you just wait until we release that Top Down demo? It will make things a lot easier on you.

and fixed the second level to be easier.
No! I think there should be hard ones too. Maybe you should just make the second level to the fourth or fifth one?

Anyway, This is damn fun idea and works much better than the same with springs bouncing player forward. Will those be the special stages in The Walls of Void?

Last edited:
No! I think there should be hard ones too. Maybe you should just make the second level to the fourth or fifth one?

Anyway, This is damn fun idea and works much better than the same with springs bouncing player forward. Will those be the special stages in The Walls of Void?

Well, the second level is harder than the first, and the third level is much harder than the second (much faster paced, more obstacles, multiple paths, quick thinking platform jumping). As you go on through the levels, they get much much harder.

And no, there will not be special stages in the walls of the void, due to one mission in the story line having Tails fly around the void collecting the seven emeralds to [insert long explaination of why he needs emeralds here]. However there will be a similar gameplay in the Sonic and the Black Knight level within the Diablo 2 dimension.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Why don't you just wait until we release that Top Down demo? It will make things a lot easier on you.

Maybe it will, but will the top-down be an extra gametype like for example NiGHTS mode or will it be a complete change like SRB2Riders? Because the point of this pack is to replace the current dull special stages in SRB2.

Also, I finished the deep sea special stage, and am now working on castle eggman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back