Tets level pack, beta release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tets

one rude dude
Here's my level pack, finally. This is not an official release, as I'm just getting it out for the world to see at this point. Otherwise I'd just spend the next month looking for things to fix, fixing them, and testing. Now the rest of you can look for things to fix.

I've taken all my single player levels and put them all together in this neat little package. Dark Palisades and Aero Shrine I have expanded into full three act zones, so, in addition to Metal Wasteland, this level pack is the size of the current "main game" of SRB2. Each zone has an emerald hidden somewhere in the second act, but these locations are not set in stone and are very likely to move if I come up with better hiding places.

This level pack makes my already released single player wads obsolete, as there have been loads of updates applied to every map. Specifically, Poisoned Paradise act 2 has been given practically a complete overhaul. Gameplay in the level is no longer as dependent on buttons, and as a result the entire beginning of the act is rearranged. I think it works out a lot better than the old version. The following boss act has also been redesigned, as I decided it was totally lame.

There is one rather trivial bug that I don't feel like working around currently, which consists of a brief pause while activating precipitation in Dark Palisades act 1. It shouldn't be problematic.

As you can see, there is no fancy name for this level pack as of now, and I'm having a fair bit of difficulty coming up with one. But for now, enjoy the beta release of Tets Level Pack.

http://www.sepwich.com/tets/srb2/scr_tetslevelpack.zip

EDIT: Or try the new home page. http://www.sepwich.com/tets/cz.htm

The acid in PPZ1 doesn't hurt and doesn't have a current.

Devmode FTW.

Anyways, I haven't played through the whole thing yet, just through act 1 (timeattacked it, too). I hope I'm not the only one that hit that Eggman monitor at the very beginning. X_X

Edit: Wow, I really like the overall theme of ASZ2 o_o.

ppz15fb.jpg

Should this happen? If it's not meant to, it should. It'd make a neat alternate exit :P.

Aaand another bug..
Second act of the second zone (forgot what it's called) has a water block that doesn't seem to have the correct heights.

Edit: Co-ords removed.. don't want others following my stupid, non-working example. XP

Right then, those bugs are all fixed.

In reference to the screenshot you posted, I was going to say openglisunsupportedkthxbye, as it displayed properly otherwise, but I realized it was a rather obvious mistake and it was easily fixed!

Tets said:
There is one rather trivial bug that I don't feel like working around currently, which consists of a brief pause while activating precipitation in Dark Palisades act 1. It shouldn't be problematic.

Go ahead and use the 'new' thing.. because by the time your final is ready, 1.09.3 should be available.

Tetsbug.png

I believe it was Dark Palisades 2...
Actually, I'm almost positive it was DPZ2.
I could go through the wall, and there was a current above it, but not below it.

Just some status updates. Poisoned Paradise has been renamed to Metal Wasteland. I've been wanting to rename it for over a month now, and this seems to work nicely.

As for the level pack name, I've come up with little for very original sounding names. But I came up with "Chaos Zone" just now, and I think it has a nice ring to it. So maybe that, and then again maybe not.

But I'll have a newer version out ... soon. As of right now I'm busy working on Other Things™.

The level pack has been updated, the new version is available at the same link in the first post.

Updates include lots of bug fixes in all the levels and new stuff added to both acts of Metal Wasteland (previously known as Poisoned Paradise). Also, it now starts in Dark Palisades and goes to Metal Wasteland from there.

Wow this level pack is well good. Theres 9 huge levels that have loads of stuff to do and take alternate
routes. Finding emeralds in the levels. That's much more better then the special stages and nice level designs as well. Is there a chaos Emerald in Aero Shrine act 2 because I found the orange one in dark palisades act 2
and the green emerald in Metal wasteland act 2 but I could not find one in aero shrine. I was just wondering where it was. If a few more emeralds
were in the level then the emerald hunting would be even more cool
I rate it 9 1/2 out of 10 :D :mrgreen:

In PPZ2 I had a watershield and wanted to look for secrets in this slime lake but I couldn´t get out! :(

*tries the updated version*

There will never be hunting of any kind in this level pack aside from finding the emeralds in each second act. I'm pleased to see that Aero Shrine's has been able to evade detection, I had mild difficulty finding a place where I could hide it effectively.

I've added springs to the slime in Metal Wasteland act 2 where they were required.

I've uploaded the most recent version, so go grab it if you want to be one of the cool kids. Everyone's doing it.

No updates, but I was bored so I made a quick little home page for the level pack. I've edited my first post to include a link.

Its gonna be called chaos zone? Nice and decent name, I quess.

Whats the story of the level pack? Is it just a pack with a goal called
''fun'', or does it has more?

Tets, your optimization is amazing. going through every single one of your levels, the only things I could improve were the sidedef use on control sectors and a single, solitary sector merge. Congradulations, Tets, you've made a technically perfect level pack.

Apparently there was an update early this morning, because there is a newer version of the pack being linked to.

There have been no new versions uploaded since the last one I posted about. If anyone says otherwise, they're dirty liars. I will post in this thread upon any new release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back