F_TechnoLaser-2.0.wad and F_Technolaser3.0.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoatRack

Official Community CoatRack
Sonic Team Junior
For version 3.0
Well, after waiting for a long time to finish this I have finaly released the final build of Techno Laser Zone. This version has a brand new lay out but with some parts hinting to the old version. I have also made it so that you guys could tell what laser makes you big and what makes you normal by textures. So yeah, that's about it. Just as a bit of a side note, this has a high chance at being the last time I redo this level.

Screenshots:

srb20217.png

srb20218.png

Mirror:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lo1t0b

EDIT: I had to remove the start of the level due to it crashing, so no awesome start. D:

For version 2.0

Well, now that the contest is over, I have desided to redo Techno Laser, and here is what I got. I have made some changes to the scaling gimmick.
Now there are only 2 sizes, small and normal. Giant as others have said, is useless. I have also revamped the center to make it more lively. What that stuff aside, I will explain whatthe pannels do so people won't be confused:

Red flashing pannel with light : Shrinks the player down.
White pannel flashing with light : Resets the player's size to normal.
Grey switch : Opens the doors at the bases.
Red switch : Closes doors at the bases.
White flashing switch: shuts down the teleporters.
Yellow flashing switch: turns on the teleporters.

...With that aside, I give you screenshots.

srb20076.png

srb20077.png

So yeah, enjoy and stuff like that.

EDIT: Ok, I have done a update to it, made it a bit better then the last one. and added in a new gimick into the mix. >:)

Attachments

• f_technolaser-2.0-v2.zip
    219.7 KB · Views: 513
  • f_technolaser3.0.zip
    240.9 KB · Views: 447
  • f_technolaser3.0-bugfix.zip
    240.7 KB · Views: 779
Last edited:
That looks really good, and it seems you actually put the five most important things to a good wad...creativity, originality, thought, time, and effort. I've played it I'd say it is one of the best CTF maps I've seen, and considering good CTF maps can sometimes be hard to come by i think this is well designed.

New version is avalible in the first post! And can I PLEASE get some feed back? :<

Well, the shrink gimmick seems more like an excuse to be smaller. It's not small enough to reduce your hitbox THAT much, but it's not small enough to lower your speed much either. There's no reason to be normal size, really. The large size of the map however is annoying, and it's just too huge for the smaller netgames in SRB2. It's more like a Project Sphere level, and you know how I feel about THOSE...

Anyway, I know it's Techno LASER, but the lasers are just too frequent and flow breaking. It seems like anyone can just shoot you while you're WAITING for the lasers to stop. The barricades really hamper down the level too. SonicASD couldn't get past if I wasn't mini and on the other side of the door to open it, and the one alt route is just too long, out the way, and damage friendly. Infact, in said room, it is easy to drop the flag on the damage sector and AGAINST the wall so you can't get it back at all.

And finally, it just seems like there's so much time spent on visuals and gimmicks that the level feels like it really wasn't tended to properly. The gimmicks are either annoying, don't work right, or unimportant, and the level is too huge to really FIGHT anyone in and get the flag back. It's too easy for someone with the flag to get away, then BLOCKADE the team and force them to go find the button or go around it, then watch as the flag is already captured by the time they get there. A few good ideas here and there, but TERRIBLE execution.

Quite simply I would say that I couldn't do better myself, but the biggest problem I would say is that your level flashes a lot and kind of distracts me. But then, I have some minor form of ADHD or something...
I would give you a 4/5... really good I'd say.
I reserve 5/5 for cloud palace alone...

This is awesome! Giant size sounds ridiculous. It looks like a sculpture. SRB2 is 3 years old, and this stage is a success! Wow!

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

To quote myself, "I have only encountered one problem." I cannot load the zone

This is awesome! Giant size sounds ridiculous. It looks like a sculpture. SRB2 is 3 years old, and this stage is a success! Wow!

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

To quote myself, "I have only encountered one problem." I cannot load the zone

1: SRB2 is NOT 3 years old. It's over 10, maybe 11.
2: So, you judged a stage SOLELY on it's LOOKS without even PLAYING it? Now that's just disgusting.

The final version of Techno Laser has been release! Get it in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back