I tried your character, I must say that it reminded me a lot of Neo Sonic from the gameplay style, but otherwise I liked it, even if... i have a small question: is this momentum stop after pressing spin in air on purpose?

Attachments

• srb20323.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 592
You know, jumpcancels were super useful in sonic adventure and i'm glad to see them return! This is like sonic adventure sonic, but not really!

Anyway the homing attack is probably Neo's homing attack, person who is reminded of neo sonic.

I tried your character, I must say that it reminded me a lot of Neo Sonic from the gameplay style, but otherwise I liked it, even if... i have a small question: is this momentum stop after pressing spin in air on purpose?

Yes, that's the jump cancel from Sonic Adventure

1.5.1 (a.k.a the hotfix version) is released. Super Dash mode tweaked to activate a tiny bit earlier, and Homing Attack now sends at a more reasonable speed. Also fixed a bug related to spikes. Kirby support also added.

Last edited:
you should remove or change the ability of the atractive shield, because this happens

Attachments

• srb20340.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 427
He feels faster than everyone else, his spindash is great, his homing attack is great, his speed feels rewarding. Great job.

this character feels and play amazing, I like how the spindrift contains your momentum, so you don't lose it when you have to change direction

Attachments

• srb20341.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 483
1.5.2 is out. This patch adds new CSS art for Alt Sonic.

Last edited:
I like how this is coming together. Using the spindash as a drift to keep dash mode is really interesting, even if I feel like the default SRB2 levels are a bit confined for it. I don't really like how you can move with it though, it feels unnatural especially compared to just walking normally. Just having the uncurl is enough I think.

And it seems like that movement is causing something weird to happen when you roll into springs.
srb20115.gif

EDIT: You can also drift into a spring and you'll stay in your revving state. I don't know if that one's necessarily a bad thing but I'll say it anyway in case you don't like that or it actually doesn't work.

Last edited:
Update 1.6 (aka the final planned update) has been pushed. Spindash has been sadly nerfed, removing the free movement. This was due to abundant coding issues that constantly led to dead ends. However, the following was done:
- Spindash charging into springs now puts you into a roll.
- Spindash charging or rolling into the air now puts you in a jump state, allowing jump cancels, shield use, etc.
I probably won't update this any more, so have fun with this version of Alt Sonic!

Fixed a bug where spindashing into an upward spring would make you enter a fake roll.

Hotfix 1.6.1 is out. This literally just fixes the inability for Alt Sonic to destroy breakable walls while rolling in the air.

Yo, I really like the nod to the adventure control scheme he has goin' for em! I do have one request however..could y'possibly make a command option that disables the spinjump lock so that one might move freely after jumping out of a spindash?

I really like the idea for the Atom Dash, but goddamn, it takes far too long to charge. Like, I get making it more powerful with each charge, but unless you give it a solid 3 seconds, all Sonic does is drop to the ground, and that feels really off-putting.

I'm sorry if I sound rude for saying this, but beyond the idea being good the atom dash is a horrible ability in it's current state. there's no recognizable reason to use it over the spamdash due to how long it takes to get even it's first charge, and it's a massive momentum killer compared to the homing attack or the thok. It just makes the only reason to use Alt Sonic the spamdash, but that's already a seperate download.
The Atom Dash either needs to charge MUCH faster, or it needs to not kill your momentum. Because roughly seven seconds are spent charging it, which nullifies it's usefulness for anything but very specific skips. It's not like the spamdash either where it's a joy to briefly pause and readjust, but you've basically just made a worse, airborne spamdash.

I'll be honest about it: At this point you should go back to the previous version and make a new character mod instead of completely changing Alt Sonic...

Unfortunately I agree- Atom Dash is a cool ability, but it works horribly with the rest of Alt Sonic's moveset. I think the 2.1 update has made it much better, but it's still not exactly fun to use when I know I can just do the spamdash to get around faster.

The Atom Dash would be best done for a character with a moveset based around it; at the very least the homing attack gave Alternative Sonic a means of controllin his platforming. He was perfectly fine before- but the Atom Dash does not work with Alternative Sonic at all.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back