name changing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
um... whenever i go into a game or net game, i have to keep constantly changing my name from "jon" to "Flame"

is there a way to keep my "Flame" name as a default name, instead of me having to constanly change it?

You can use autoexc.cfg.

make a txt file and put in it:

-name flame the hedgehog

name the file autoexc.cfg.

Join/host a netgame.

There you go.

Fox.dx2 you retard, that's the craziest idea ever.

BUY A NEW COMPP 4 $2345 BUCKS lol!!!!11

supershadow2 said:

You're the retard:

newpc.gif

Oh look, there's my new PC.

And it's autoexec.cfg.

When you change your username to something in control panel/users it won't work in srb2. i haven't tryed this, but if you look C:/Documents and settings look for you username, it's ussually the default username of the computer, i've chnged my username before, but the folder in documents and settings remained default, try changing that.

supershadow2 said:
You can use autoexc.cfg.

make a txt file and put in it:

-name flame the hedgehog

name the file autoexc.cfg.

Join/host a netgame.

There you go.

hey, thanks, that actually worked, but I didnt have Autoexc.cfg
i had config .cfg
but thanks anyway, it worked!

ree-c said:
When you change your username to something in control panel/users it won't work in srb2. i haven't tryed this, but if you look C:/Documents and settings look for you username, it's ussually the default username of the computer, i've chnged my username before, but the folder in documents and settings remained default, try changing that.

Actually Windows XP only changes the graphical appearance of your name: for all it knows, you're still called the same as when you registered the user account. Doing it while installing Windows obviously works though.

I just wanted to post a silly picture, my bad =P

Neo Chaotikal said:
supershadow2 said:

You're the retard:

newpc.gif

Oh look, there's my new PC.

And it's autoexec.cfg.

Neo chaotical, I found that out already.

I'm also not retarted.

I also don't know how to program.

in regards to this, can you change the charactr you start with and its color? if so, what are the commands to add?

ZTaimat said:
Shuffle said:
What does anything in this topic have to do with programming, exactly? >_>

Re programing a simple file in notepad to change something :P

yes, which i already found out how to do...
so this topic shouldnt go on any furthur (or it should be locked)

Alrighty, all of you flaming each other, behave yourselves.

SRB2 defaults to your Windows username. I don't think this can be changed normally yet, but I personally just have it switch on join by changing the name field in the launcher every time.

You should change that, so I don't have to go thru changing my name from compaq_owner to phazon sonic, It gets annoying after a while.

wierd. i edit the config.cfg file (adding -name "ZTAIMAT") and it works. but when i shut off the game and re boot it, the '-name "ZTAIMAT"' line of text i added dissapears.(also resulting in the name 'owner' showing up) hrm... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back