Post your pics/art here!

I know that's a WIP picture, but there's already a number of things that bothers me in the outline of that picture, such as the girl's really thin neck, her off centered anime mouth, her awkwardly circular shoulders... and the other girl in the background has really tiny legs.... while being able to turn her head over her shoulder, which is just plain broken.

Tiny necks are another reason I hate borrowing anything from Manga styles. Anime/Manga breaks a lot of rules when they want to, which any art style does, really; sometimes it's just harder for me to follow logically than western styles. Chibis like I used here are worse about it too, I don't think there's any universal rule for chibi proportions.

Not that it excuses the trouble I had placing the mouth, or anything you mentioned. I'll address them all before I get to the shading, thanks for the feedback.

Maybe I could avoid having skinny necks more easily by making them less tall as well. Even Freedom Planet characters have next to no necks for a reason, and Sonic Boom characters bury the necks they do have underneath clothing.

Tiny necks are another reason I hate borrowing anything from Manga styles. Anime/Manga breaks a lot of rules when they want to, which any art style does, really; sometimes it's just harder for me to follow logically than western styles. Chibis like I used here are worse about it too, I don't think there's any universal rule for chibi proportions.

Not that it excuses the trouble I had placing the mouth, or anything you mentioned. I'll address them all before I get to the shading, thanks for the feedback.

Maybe I could avoid having skinny necks more easily by making them less tall as well. Even Freedom Planet characters have next to no necks for a reason, and Sonic Boom characters bury the necks they do have underneath clothing.

Nobody experienced draws really thin necks in anime style.

Any Bishoujo Anime would like to have a word with you. I'm sure you know there are mountains of Japanese art style genres within Anime/Manga. Japan experiments as much as Westerners do. What you're referring to are more serious Animes with (typically) proper, anatomically correct proportions, (Male necks are sometimes as wide as the jawline, and as far as I know, DBZ respects that.) while keeping slightly exaggerated eye sizes.

I'm not going to excuse that the neck I drew here is too tall, however. It's kind of weird, before, I wanted so badly to able to draw in the Kodomo style Pokemon uses, and now, I can't even stand sketching Manga styles in general.

So I'm trying to iterate a lot, learn more about human anatomy, and find my own way by doing so instead. You can see that in a lot of my Freedom Planet fan art.

I made a piano solo arrangement of a song from MapleStory 2 called "Yesterstory". It's a rearrangement of the 'Login Theme' from MapleStory 1. I used to play this a long time ago! It was a bunch of fun...

My IGN is UItimate (with a capital i instead of an L). I started off in Scania right after closed beta, and then eventually moved to Kradia.

Yesterstory - Piano Solo Arrangement

Last edited:
zra24sd.gif

B3B9vIe.png

do not give dogs firestarters

Just a quick mouse-drawing exercise I did (no tablet, so I gotta make sure I'm still good with the mouse).

@wizeman: Cool; I really like the colors.

neria_wip_1_by_mr_glaceon-d8oadzg.png

Been drawing a friend's Kitsune that didn't have any proper artwork for.

B3B9vIe.png

Just a quick mouse-drawing exercise I did (no tablet, so I gotta make sure I'm still good with the mouse).

I could never go back to the mouse, wow. You also have a great understanding of color, that's what stands out the most to me.

Scruffy the dog becomes a superhero

orQBLR6.png

(first time actually trying to draw muscles, and NEVER AGAIN)

Let me kill two birds with one stone in here.

@.Luke: That looks good, although I'm not sure if I get her lip, it just looks so tilted. Not only that, but her neck looks a bit too long and thin, and her boobs are... they look like they are almost in the middle of the body, you might want to move them up, because they look way too low right now.

As for the pose, it's... half good, but rather bland. It looks like normal standing, only with her arms behind/above her head and nothing more. To make the pose seem more interesting, you need to make her pose the rest of her body accordingly, and make it seem a little more dynamic in general, like in the picture below:

@TehRealSalt: That's hot, I wanna see you draw muscles more like this some time:

midriff-Jojo_08b-1.jpg

"MotorRoach, giving tips about boob placement since 2015"

ON-TOPIC:
B3B9vIe.png

Please teach me, I have a really bad pulse like to draw things with a mouse.
(I can't afford a tablet kthxbye)

Look! My usual crap!

<Solider> OMG THE HEAVY IS 2SPOOKY4ME

MotorRoach, I can't begin to tell you how nice it feels getting honest criticism on anatomy. I remember being more articulate with poses ages ago, although I've gotten a little flat at taking the time to setup a nice, lively posture since then. I think I need to bend more limbs and torsos around again.

So that sketch is going to stay a practice sketch. I knew something was wrong with it when I started coloring, just couldn't put my finger on it. I'll try to avoid angling lips too, and I'm having trouble making shorter necks; not sure if I have proper height but using it at the wrong angle, or if my necks should be half as tall universally.

tfw you're trying to learn to draw but you'll never be better than an 11 year old's first drawing shared on DeviantArt

tumblr_nmcbfv5Wf81skfkgpo1_540.png

I think her persona would be Beelzebub or something...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 1, Guests: 3)

Back