• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

I do hope this is still being worked on in recent weeks, as it has been quite literally a year since this thread was made. Already 1/4 the development time of 2.1! Among other releases.

Kart Krew only has 1 active programmer to rely on for everything, and 2.1 saw a purge of the majority of development staff, especially programmers. Of course it takes years to get anything done. :(

We're working as fast as life will let us, we've even had time to come up with new concepts that we quickly trashed after some thorough testing.

srb20075.gif

Since Zipper has already covered the position of the project and why it's taken so long (literally over a year), I thought some of you may be happy to hear that the final nails are being hammered in the coffin-- err I mean, mod.

FairCoordinatedAlaskajingle.gif

SlimQuerulousBluefish.gif

What's currently being done is the hardcode process. In everything we've shown, gameplay stuff has all been tested through either lua or soc (back in 2.0). This is quicker for testing, but the 'professional' thing to do for a proper release of something is to use solidified non-external code. This is because lua, while it can go under the radar completely for some users, it can have a heavy hit on others' performance. As you can see in the above gifs, Weather Factory finally runs at a stable FPS for me, making the gifs not appear to be fast-forwarded for once.

Also we have a single coder, and that is Sryder13, so this doesn't mean we're going to be ready like a week from this post or something, everyone has been snailing at their own pace. This single wretched demo has taken such a ridiculously long time, but I really don't want people to think it's going to be massive because of that fact. I hope expectations aren't overblown by my constant hype and gif-spam because of this either, which is why I've watered down on the constant updating (as to not get hopes TOO high).

that and the lack of speed on progress we used to make snnnnrrrk

Also a small thing, I'm finally drawing the title screen out as of late. You know, since we never had one-
srb20562.png

--NEVER HAD ONE.

An update for Iceman's Debatably Exciting Blog Post has been released. These changes will apply to the post the next time you open this thread.

The major changes include:

-We totally forgot to mention that we're not including the HUB or the Chaos Coins for the demo, they're a PAIN to implement properly and we'd probably be here until the second February 29th if we tried to go all the way. Sorry!

-We'll probably include one or two bosses here and there too, and you better believe they'll be Quickman-tier hard.

AND NOW FOR ZONES THAT DIDN'T QUITE MAKE THE KUT FROM 2.0 (it's a bit nostalgic, really). I thought some might find it interesting to see, since... they'll never see it ever!

srb20258.png

Grumpy Canyon Zone by Zipper

srb20259.png

Lava Mountain Zone by Zipper

srb20260.png

Tako Desert Zone by Chromatian

srb20261.png

Ancient Waterway Zone by Chromatian

May their souls rest in pieces.

Er-yep. Never had one.

But hey, besides the Krew's lack of activity, I hadn't really paid much attention to this lately, anyway. All the more reason to get excited for it once it DOES release, heh. Time flies when you have fun... and watch people have fun through gifs.

A cool mod this will be, I reckon. Hopefully SRB2 Kart: 2.1 Years to Finish or something won't take as long to make? Only curious.

Oh man, Chromatian once again proves his skills at mapping. Tako Desert looks amazing in that screenshot! Weather factory looks amazing as well (I think I mentioned this already but I'll say it again.) It's really nice to see some original gimmicks!

The one thing that irks me however is the title screen. It's nothing big and if anything just a personal opinion that you guys can disregard. It's just that the angle of the words don't match the angle of the map behind it. Feels kinda ironic. iunno.

Can't wait to see this up in the releases soon! :)

I forgot to add in "Too bad Tako Desert won't be in the official release."
muh bad

EDIT: oh my god I feel dumb I misinterpreted what the post meant by "never had one" for the title screen.

Last edited:
Now make them stick to the screen and fall off like in Smash Bros. !!
No really, I'd really like to see this :3

we're releasing before May 1st.

thanks for having absoultely NO sense of humor and taking this post seriously you guys.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back