• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roach's endless sprite parade

@Burning-Fox: That's actually Olive. This one in here is yellow:

p3F8HKK.png

Remember to practice spriting everyday, but also keep in mind to sprite outside Sonic content, otherwise your art knowledge will be very limited, hahah

Nevermind. Holy shit that actually makes yellow look somewhat GOOD
I didn't think it was possible. Hats off, Roach!

Still a little too green though but blegh I'll deal with it

@Root: Making his spines stick out like that would just make it inconsistent to the rest of the angles, not to mention I don't recall Sonic ever having his spines to stick out like that either.
Ok then. But can you move the right row of spikes a few pixels over like this? (except not badly done in 3 seconds obviously)
Bv4sh8n.png

I already made it clear that I don't want to, because I don't see a proper reason for doing so. The only reason you gave me so far was "It looks better this way", without any decent explanation for WHY it looks better, so your criticism is hardly constructive.

And besides, there's also the fact that if I edit that single sprite, I'll also have to edit nearly every single back diagonal sprite, and I hardly think it's worth going through that.

Yeah, the back diagonal sprites have always made his quills look like they're facing straight backwards instead of flaring out to the sides a little as the back sprites imply.

Eh, nothing hugely wrong with them. They look fine as is and don't really require any IMMEDIATE kind of fix imo.

I think it's fine. It took some getting used to Chuckles new glide sprites, but once I did I couldn't go back to the old ones. So, even though it feels strange now, I think it'll be better in the long run.

Yeah, it looks better. I apologize for being persistent. BTW, how many sprites are there to make until it's ready for release?

Yeah, it looks better. I apologize for being persistent. BTW, how many sprites are there to make until it's ready for release?

FuckingSonic is not getting a separate release like Chuckles, it's going to be released along with 2.2

vehxW8y.png

csU7iF8.png

Pshh, no. He's the main programmer for the character.

And I'll make this clear before I get asked about it over and over, I'm not looking for people to beta test the character, so don't even bother to ask if you can test it.

I... I think I'm going to cry. Because those sprites are beautiful. And maybe because... this:
"FuckingSonic is not getting a separate release like Chuckles, it's going to be released along with 2.2"
It hurts. It doubles the wait. It. Hurts.
But well, at least the sprites are looking good, we have something to hold on to until 2.2~

EDIT: Ninja'd

JRLKjYb.png

There, I've fixed the whole problem with his spines looking narrow from this angle. Hopefully I don't have to go back to fix anything else, because working on Sonic had been more stressing than I could've imagined.

Roach, sorry to tell you so late, but I just exported one of your sprites and discovered the entire set of graphics is 5 pixels too large vertically for 2.2's ACZ minecart feature. This means every single sprite will need slight adjustments, but its not too much work and I trust you to it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back