Sonic Colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.o,Sonic is meant for children

Oh shit, seriously now? Not another ridiculously childish game. Especially not with a name like Sonic Colors.
Edit: Holy shit those screens look awesome. The maps need major redesigns though.
Edit2: @the DS screenshots, OH SHIT, IT's SONIC RUSH 3 WITH MAJORLY CHILDISH MAPS

Dude -.-,Sonic is MEANT for children.I guess people liked sonic back then cause they were KIDS.Now people critize what they used to love O.o,WTF?
This also looks childish!
sonic-2-md1-534x400.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

*sniffle* this is too much,it's a dream cometrue,
What The **** is with the platforms.It's ruining the game....

So, from what it looks like, the Wii version is Sonic Unleashed 2 and the DS version is Sonic Rush 3.

The levels look better than Unleashed played, at least. Overall it seems like they're trying to solidify Unleashed's gameplay, but they're still keeping some elements that personally I could have done without (QTEs and boost pads), so I don't know if I'd be interested in this.

Um.... I will be honest.

Unleashed 2 without Werehog.... Um... Yay? Graphics are absolutely gorgeous don't get me wrong, and it is seeming to be taking more from the 360 Unleashed.... But Unleashed is still a linear.... race car racer... Instead of what I want.

An actual platformer.

I really would appreciate it if SEGA took a long hard look at Epic Mickey right now. That in itself looks better than the Mario Galaxy games. And those were magnificent.

And it seems that that new drill powerup does open up new routes.... Hmmm.... Still kind of... Eh.

Still... It already is more interesting than Sonic 4. Not exactly what I'm hoping for (Oshima's vision (further elaboration: Platforming ala Sonic CD)) but it might be looking up after all..... Possibly.

Looks interesting, but they could have used the Chao for the ¨Color Powerups¨ instead of these alien... octopuss... thing. Not that I´m against them, but it´s kinda weird to have a new species poped up without an introduction in the webs or something.

But replying to that Facebook quote in the first page, yeah, Ape Escape once made a game more violent than the other ones (Ape Escape Million Monkeys) wich had a different concept of the game, from a guy running around capturing bananna monkeys throwing peels to make you slide down to an army of monkeys dressed military-like carrying assault rifles, mounting in tanks, choking people by grabbing their necks and making genetical viruses.

Probably one of the times I got the most excited about hearing of a game, but then, they decided to release it only in Japan, due to the ¨Unsuitable Content¨ for the children. So if they made a violent Sonic game, it would most likely be in Japan-only.

Shadow the Hedgehog is your friend.

QTEs? You mean tap the jump button a whole bunch of times? Its not like its forcing you to press 10 different buttons in a time limit.

An actual platformer.
Forget it, SEGA will never make a 3D platformer again, and you probably shouldn't expect them too. The focus of the Sonic series shifted with Sonic Adventure and it won't shift back again. At least there are some distinct platforming elements in this game, even if it's not a real platformer. I do wonder why you are not interested in Sonic 4 at all though, at least that is a platformer, even if it's a partial rehash.

Last edited:
So this is the Sonic Unleashed PS360 version ported to the Wii right.

I hope this game makes any reference to Sonic Unleashed (Like in Sonic Heroes when they speak of Egg Carrier and Chaos, or in Shadow the Hedgehog with the Ark, Maria and Gerald)

Forget it, SEGA will never make a 3D platformer again, and you probably shouldn't expect them too. The focus of the Sonic series shifted with Sonic Adventure and it won't shift back again. At least there are some distinct platforming elements in this game, even if it's not a real platformer. I do wonder why you are not interested in Sonic 4 at all though, at least that is a platformer, even if it's a partial rehash.

Well, the reason Colours is so much more intersting is because unlike Sonic 4 they treat it exactly like what it is. A brand new adventure.

When it comes to Sonic 4 it doesn't take it's concept seriously enough. It is a sequel to the games we loved in the 90s yet instead of bringing us something new in the classic style, they butcher what wI or many people loved about the classics with bastardized renditions of the classics that either play themselves or Re ridiculously easy. Sure they may be tweaking the game right now and getting rid of gimmicks that either needed to be more refined or didn't belong at all but it still doesn't change what they made to be any better than the classics. I mean people are paying for a new adventure story be damned that Eggsman one day decided to reinvent machines and not bothering tomake them any better especially due to ridiculous story elements like 'budget cuts'. It doesn't help that this game is already redundant in itself when Sega constantly releases compilation packs when eah new generation of hardware comes out.

That is exactly why Sonic Colours is more interesting. It takes their idea of making a new adventure sriously.

In fact it was for these main reasons why I am now going into fangames. The fans can do a better job than Sega ever could and Srb2 is a testament to that idealogoy to me.

Did anyone notice the planet that looked like Metal Sonic?

I haven't due to being on a phone and not a computer. BUT the game,s plot is heavy on Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic Cd, Mario Galaxy and 3D Blast.

And that isn't exactly a bad thing... at all. Just as long as Robotropolis (Eggmanland is a silly name) is a highly industrial theme park as it was in Unleashed. I really do love how they made it industrial moreso than clean germophobic utopia.

I mean people are paying for a new adventure story be damned that Eggsman one day decided to reinvent machines and not bothering tomake them any better especially due to ridiculous story elements like 'budget cuts'.
I guess you missed the part where EP1 was declared to be a prologue, and is actually referencing the very same bits of story said bots and zones come from in abridged form. Besides that, I've never seen a single sane fan who's ever given a fuck about the storyline of all things, and the fact that it's designed differently, plays differently and feels differently is still enough to justify spending money on. But I guess that's a debate for a different thread isn't it?

On topic, anyone seen that fireball Wisp in the DS version? Kinda reminds me of 'Splosion Man in a way with those infinite doublejumps. Love how the Cyan Laser's turned out too, not even close to the boost replacement I thought it'd turn out to be.

Sega has not been doing well in entertaining recently with sonic games. I wish they would go back and build upon games like Sonic adventure 2 battle and Sonic dx. With chaos. The game was fun the storyline was cool. They need to get back to those. I hope this game is good. I'll have to see.

JJ AA

I disagree with you.

Sonic Adventure + Adventure 2 also had crappy things thrown into them. Some of them were fun, but a lot of them people just thought were thrown in for no reason.

1.Big fishing
2.Emerald Hunting
3.Amy's slow boring levels
4.Shooting(Tails)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back