What's Your Favourite Anime/Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a wide anime interest. . But, I think I can name one I enjoy alot now that I'm watching the original and not the crappy dubbed version.

Konjiki no Gash bell

I'm not really a fan of anime series, though I found early volumes/episodes of Bleach to be fairly captivating.

However, I absolutely adore the works of Miyazaki (especially Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle), and I suppose Paprika also holds a special place in my heart.

History's strongest disciple: Kenichi

Basically a martial arts/ecchi-like anime (also manga) which focuses on the progress of a sophomore high school student who wants to become strong in order to protect the weak and innocent. He is instructed by 4 eccentric martial art masters who put him in perilous yet himuliating training in order to perfect his skills, even though at times he tends to lack backbone and would even run to another country to avoid it. Along to assist him is an attractive, oblivious girl who lives in the dojo with the other instructors, who Kenichi wants desprately to be her lover and protector.

As generic as it sounds, if you have a nack for martial arts & humor, I would reccomend looking this one up.

Recently, I've gotten into the show KissxSis. It's not bad, actually. It's moved up to my favorites, aside from Clannab.

Well, I don't have a specific favorite. But, Hunter x Hunter is incredible. I've been reading and watching it and I'm always entertained. It's definitely a look at.

Recently I've taken a liking to watching Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (Blimey that's hard to type right). Although I haven't gotten around to watching that far into it, what I've seen so far has given me a good chuckle. If just because it doesn't take itself seriously, at all. While still ticking all the boxes for a typical anime (i.e., giant robots)

Besides, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK HE IS?

Well, I don't have a specific favorite. But, Hunter x Hunter is incredible. I've been reading and watching it and I'm always entertained. It's definitely a look at.

That series is incredible, but I was very disappointed with the episodes taking place in Yorknew. They were just developed so poorly and rushed in writing that I couldn't bare to watch it further. I am however looking forward to the OVAs that conclude the yorknew saga and Greed island.

Recently I've been looking for a new anime to watch and I think I found it: Fafner in the Azure. It's a relatively recent work, from 2004, with a compelling story and some top-notch CGI that actually blends in well with the rest of the art.

The plot can be described as Evangelion with aliens instead of angels, and in a nutshell goes as follows: some 30 years ago, malevolent aliens discovered Earth. Soon after their attack a single island hid itself away using some sort of cloaking device (think Stargate Atlantis if you've seen it). Present day, most residents are blissfully unaware until, in the first episode, the island is discovered and its hidden defense mechanisms, complete with giant robots, are activated.

I've watched six episodes thus far and it's dead good. I'm told that I haven't even scratched the surface though, so I will reserve further judgment until I've seen more of the series.

Z.O.E comes to mind here... It's my favorite. I do watch Pokemon at times.(a few episodes, and ANY of the movies) What? The movies happen tho be better than the show!

My Favorite Anime would be Digimon. (mostly Digimon 02)
Oh the memories... I used to watch this all day when I was 10.

Last edited:
My Favorite Anime would be Digimon. (mostly Digimon 02)
Oh the memories... I used to watch this all day when I was 10.

Same here, I use to love digimon that I remember that a long time ago I got one of those Toy Digi-vices. You know, those "Virtual pets" that almost everyone you knew had one? I remember those days...but then it got old eventually and then everyone got into the New anime and trends like yi go oh cards and etc.

Anyway, My favourite anime/manga now is Naurto and Bleach.

Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood

And pretty much anything by Studio Gainax. Mostly Neon Genesis Evangelion and FLCL, but I seem to be growing a love for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, too.

Before it was Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, but then, I suddenly got a liking to the Parappa the Rapper anime, Naruto: Shippuden, and Dragonball Z. On my other forum, I got into Keroro Gunso, which is where the character from my avie is from. So, I would say all the ones I said.
EDIT: I mine as well say "bump".
EDIT2: I have fallen in love with Bleach now.

Last edited:
CLANNAD (+After Story)
Kanon
AIR
K-On! (+!)
Toradora!
Lucky Star
Azumanga Daioh
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Elfen Lied

Detective Conan,
Lucky Star,
Akira,
DragonBall,
DragonBall Z,
Kirby of the Stars,
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya,
Avatar: The Last Airbender, (It counts, right?)
One Piece.

All I can name off the top of my head right now.

Last edited:
Eh, what the heck.
List- Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Naruto, Naruto shipudden, DragonBall, DragonBall Z, Kekkaishi, FMA Brotherhood, Bleach, Digimon, Parappa the Rapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back