Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

heyjoeway

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart for the Nintendo Switch

attachment.php

SRB2Kart is finally playable on the Nintendo Switch! Not really sure what else to say except the notes below. Big thanks to carstene1ns for his work on the initial port; I really only did some polishing work to get this up and running. The game mostly runs at its full framerate (35 FPS).

I've moved most of the details of this post to GitHub in order to make it easier to maintain. Check the link below for the instructions, download, and source.

Download
https://github.com/heyjoeway/Kart-Public/blob/switch-port/README.md

Attachments

• QljQdwo.png
    QljQdwo.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 27,664
  • kartswitch_1.3.nro.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,412
Last edited:
Obligatory: You jailbreak and run homebrew software on your switch at your own risk. STJr and the SRB2MB takes no responsibility for the results of doing so.

Well I'll be God damned...

Ya know, in my head I thought it would be nice to do this and possible to happen but I didn't think it would actually happen. BIG Kudos to you guys. I think I'm crying tears of joy.

Holy crap! This is Happening!.

I remember seeing a thread about doing this that went nowhere, so i never thought it would really happen, now i wanna own a switch even more!, big props to you, i'm sure it wasn't an easy task to do.

Oh my... I don't have a switch, but it's a still brilliant work!

P.S.: Will be android port soon?

Hey all, I've just updated the port, and I think it's nearly feature-complete at this point. Some of the notable changes include:

- Online support (!!!)
- Mouse/keyboard support (yes, mouse support)
- Software keyboard support for text fields/console
- Add-ons menu fixed
- Multiplayer menu fixed

Make sure to read the update notes if you've already downloaded this.

I have a branch on the Kart git that contains a large optimization of OpenGL that you might be interested in. The next step is to make it GLES-compatible.

Hey all,

Just updated the port to enable the inline software keyboard. Basically, you can use the software keyboard while online now, which also means full software keyboard chat support! Enjoy!

Last edited:
could we get a nintendo wii Port

Reason We should have a wii port, some people cant afford a switch, and homebrew is compatible with the wii, so a wii port would be cool.

Reason We should have a wii port, some people cant afford a switch, and homebrew is compatible with the wii, so a wii port would be cool.
Please do not ask for a port, even for a dead system; If you want one, compile one for yourself

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using ********

Can you recompile this? Switch firmware 9.0 changed some stuff so homebrew has to be recompiled with a newer versions of libnx to have functioning controls (Atmosphere has a workaround for now, but it'll be removed eventually), and I can't seem to get it to compile. (A recompile of non-Kart SRB2 would be nice too)
(You don't have to edit the code at all, it's literally just recompiling the current code)

Last edited:
Can you recompile this? Switch firmware 9.0 changed some stuff so homebrew has to be recompiled with a newer versions of libnx to have functioning controls (Atmosphere has a workaround for now, but it'll be removed eventually), and I can't seem to get it to compile. (A recompile of non-Kart SRB2 would be nice too)
(You don't have to edit the code at all, it's literally just recompiling the current code)

Done! I've recompiled 1.1 so that people don't have input issues. I've also moved installation/general info to GitHub to make it easier to maintain.

Love the release! Works really well, but multiplayer can become a little laggy. Does Overclocking the Switch help patch up the games framerate?

am i missing something, you said that the software keyboard was working. it doesn't pop up for me though.

whether it be for chat or naming myself, i cant actually see the keyboard.

have to specify i can't see it because if i touch the screen, it actually does type, but i just have no idea what keys i am hitting.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back