I want some suggestions/reviews, please.

Rate this incomplete level, and state why.

• 5/5 - Perfection

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5 - Good

• 3/5 - Average

• 2/5 - Poor

• 1/5 - Bad

• 0/5 - Epitome of awful

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Hog

This WAS going to be my entry into the most recent contest - however, I got level designer's block, and now am unsure where to take it. Sucks, dunnit?

Well, therefore, I want to release the level - incomplete, like Incomplete Xmas Zone, but this time it's not an actual contest entry, nor is there really any way to complete the level (no exit sector). I just want some opinions on a few things how the level is, looks, feels, plays, etc. I think I'm onto something, but it needs some more work.

As a general idea, that little vista you get too look at on your left the instant the level starts is going to have another window on the other side, so you can see the exit - that's where it's going, at any rate. That way, if you look at the automap via DEVMODE or open it in a WAD editor, you can see where things are heading.

But enough with that, here's the SP level that hasn't made it (yet).

Agrobase Zone (Yeah, the name is kinda... awkward, IMO...)

Feel free to rate out of 10, I just ran out of space in the poll for all that.

That tells me nothing. It's obvious it needs work - I've already said it's incomplete - but where, exactly?

BTW, I realized the 1P start was misplaced - sorry, it was there for testing purposes. I've put it back in the right spot and reuploaded.

6/10 You need to change the red walls to something else. I was using my mac when I was test it out.

What redwalls? I've not seen any. Do you mean HOM errors, where a texture is missing, or a wall that just happens to be red?

Ah, that'd do it. I believe I'm using textures that are in v1.09.4 (and maybe a few releases of 1.09.3), so yeah, there'd be REDWALL galore.

This level looks GREAT so far. I love the bosses, the music, the texture choice, and the use of curved linedefs. :P
It could use some flowers for decor, but you aren't done yet, are you?
8/10 - Finish this! XP

Edit: Also, I like where you put the secret. Neat idea. :P

Its is very interesting level, the ideas seem to be put together well. The boss can be defeated easier with the turret hitting him, I not sure if that was intentional. The textures vary nicely. Overall nice job.

BTW where did you get that music from, I think I have heard it before.

Interested in Jazz Jackrabbit 2, aren't we?

Anyways, it looks great so far. No glitches of what I can see from. Keep going!

FireLaserbeam said:
May be an off-topic question, but whatever happened to Incomplete X-mas zone?
I fixed a few things here and there, tried to add a second path once you climb the big mountain at the start, but it more or less remains incomplete.

In fact, it's not even on this new computer. I need to go find an old contest with it in it.

GCFreak said:
Interested in Jazz Jackrabbit 2, aren't we?
Yeah. Good music, to be sure. Heck, between it, the other Jazz games, and some of the early Unreal titles, you've got a good selection of tunage for a fairly action-oriented WAD there.

Shuffle said:
It could use some flowers for decor, but you aren't done yet, are you?
Definitely not done, and definitely not opposed to some more foliage.

Shadow Hog said:
This WAS going to be my entry into the most recent contest - however, I got level designer's block, and now am unsure where to take it. Sucks, dunnit?

Well, therefore, I want to release the level - incomplete, like Incomplete Xmas Zone, but this time it's not an actual contest entry, nor is there really any way to complete the level (no exit sector). I just want some opinions on a few things how the level is, looks, feels, plays, etc. I think I'm onto something, but it needs some more work.

As a general idea, that little vista you get too look at on your left the instant the level starts is going to have another window on the other side, so you can see the exit - that's where it's going, at any rate. That way, if you look at the automap via DEVMODE or open it in a WAD editor, you can see where things are heading.

But enough with that, here's the SP level that hasn't made it (yet).

Agrobase Zone (Yeah, the name is kinda... awkward, IMO...)

Feel free to rate out of 10, I just ran out of space in the poll for all that.
ill give it a few times over at tell you what i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back