"error loading md2.dat"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I need some help. Whenever I try to load an md2 into SRB2 (in opengl mode, of course) I get an error message in the console that says exactly what the title of this post is. I followed the md2 entry on the wiki to the letter and no dice. If anyone can help with this, I'd be grateful.

That also happens when you don't have the MD2.dat file in your folder.

Just make a new TXT file, and save it on your SRB2 folder. That's where srb2win.exe is located. Try to run SRB2, and if you don't see that message, it means that it found your dat file.

An example of a model would be the coin one. The md2 file should have something similar to this:

COIN COIN.MD2 25.0 0.0

COIN is the sprite you're trying to get a model for. COIN.MD2 is the model, and 25.0 is the size of the model. 25.0 was chosen so it appears that it's the same size as the coin sprite.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
That also happens when you don't have the MD2.dat file in your folder.

Just make a new TXT file, and save it on your SRB2 folder. That's where srb2win.exe is located. Try to run SRB2, and if you don't see that message, it means that it found your dat file.

An example of a model would be the coin one. The md2 file should have something similar to this:

COIN COIN.MD2 25.0 0.0

COIN is the sprite you're trying to get a model for. COIN.MD2 is the model, and 25.0 is the size of the model. 25.0 was chosen so it appears that it's the same size as the coin sprite.

And should the md2 itself be in the SRB2 folder as well or should it stay in the md2 folder?

EDIT: nevermind, it worked. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back