OMG why is SRB2 2.2 gameplay so bad???

tabbyfury

I can't even beat the FIRST eggman, the mouse keeps looking to weird places, the spacebar doesn't have the same sensibility as before (sonic won't thok, knuckles and tails won't fly), it's confunsing, it's horrible, I want the old gameplay back and the game option to have the "old school" sbr2 gameplay just don't give what it promises. it's terrible.

I can't even beat the FIRST eggman, the mouse keeps looking to weird places, the spacebar doesn't have the same sensibility as before (sonic won't thok, knuckles and tails won't fly), it's confunsing, it's horrible, I want the old gameplay back and the game option to have the "old school" sbr2 gameplay just don't give what it promises. it's terrible.

Probably your keyboard

The game controls the same as it did in 2.1 for the most part on default controls, just the player character faces the direction you are moving instead of the direction of the camera. You might want to take a look at your controls and your mouse sensitivity as that could be the source of your problems here.

I can't even beat the FIRST eggman.

Holy fuck. There are two Eggmen? Three?
Does this man have brothers, twins, or clones?

Or are the Eggmen just some sort of cult comprised of fat fucks.

I swear, these are extremely important questions.

Eggman's nothing. It's Momma Robotnik you've really got to worry about.

210px-Momma_Robotnik.jpg.png

But seriously, though. What the heck, Tabby? 2.2 is such a massive improvement over the previous versions. Either something is seriously wrong with your keyboard and mouse, or you just need to get good. Especially if you're having trouble with the first boss. He got easier, if anything. He no longer rushes at you with those spike balls around him. I never could figure out how to avoid taking damage from that.

The base 3 characters play almost exactly the same as they did in 2.1, with the only difference being Tails and Knuckles have the same running speed as Sonic like the official games.

Oh my fucking god my cranium has been damaged.

I can't believe it.

The egg-apparation.

Wow guys, no need to pile on.

Tabby, if you go into the control settings, there is an option for 'Legacy' controls. This will get you *mostly* to what you're looking for.

Huh? No, Standard and Legacy are the exact same control scheme, just with different visuals. And... I know you know that because I remember you filing a bug report on how Legacy doesn't actually replicate the legacy controls.

OP, lower your mouse sensitivity (Options > Player 1 Controls > Mouse Options > Mouse X Sensitivity) and change the jump button to something other than the space bar.

Tabby, if you go into the control settings, there is an option for 'Legacy' controls. This will get you *mostly* to what you're looking for.
"I want the old gameplay back and the game option to have the "old school" sbr2 gameplay just don't give what it promises. it's terrible."

I assume this passage refers to the Legacy controls, so the OP probably knows about that. I do agree though, there's really no reason to dogpile someone who's having trouble getting used to 2.2's controls. 2.2 changed so many things in the game, it definitely takes some getting used to for those who played prior versions.

Also, to OP: if you have problems with your spacebar's sensitivity, maybe consider using a different key for jumping? Or hooking up an external keyboard or game controller. It doesn't sound like this is a problem with the game itself.

On a side note I always used left click for jumping and right click for spinning/flying/gliding.

yeah, but I'll still have to use the mouse. and i'm trying to use no mouse at all, like the older versions

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Huh? No, Standard and Legacy are the exact same control scheme, just with different visuals. And... I know you know that because I remember you filing a bug report on how Legacy doesn't actually replicate the legacy controls.

OP, lower your mouse sensitivity (Options > Player 1 Controls > Mouse Options > Mouse X Sensitivity) and change the jump button to something other than the space bar.

the problem is not with my spacebar, the characters aren't as "reactive" as they used to be

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

"I want the old gameplay back and the game option to have the "old school" sbr2 gameplay just don't give what it promises. it's terrible."

I assume this passage refers to the Legacy controls, so the OP probably knows about that. I do agree though, there's really no reason to dogpile someone who's having trouble getting used to 2.2's controls. 2.2 changed so many things in the game, it definitely takes some getting used to for those who played prior versions.

Also, to OP: if you have problems with your spacebar's sensitivity, maybe consider using a different key for jumping? Or hooking up an external keyboard or game controller. It doesn't sound like this is a problem with the game itself.

yeah! the camera is all weird! I'm used to play using the keybord only

the problem is not with my spacebar, the characters aren't as "reactive" as they used to be

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

yeah! the camera is all weird! I'm used to play using the keybord only

If you want keyboard only, then deactivate the mouse in the controls menu. Althought I still dunno what this "not as responsive" shtick is all 'bout.

Just an update: I kinda did it by assign the following controls:

up arrow: move foward
down arrow: move backward
left/right arrow: move camera left/right

and lowered the camera speed rotation

it kinda replicate the old games gameplay

and my spacebar kinda works again

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back