a character pack???? what? it's true! with currently all of...five characters. two of which being OCs.

vmOt6Hg.png

some of my best spritework and aseprite's best sprite rotation!
actual real custom voicework for hibiki (that isn't that polishedl) by yours truly!
did i mention i drew art too?!?

but what are their stats you say? well...hibiki's weak to ice, nulls fire, resists li---
...you meant kart stats, didn't you? alright then.

hibiki kuruumiya (OC)
speed: 7
weight: 2
sound effects: recorded by myself

hibiki knows how to keep an accelerator pressed and isn't that heavy of an eater, which lends him well for handling, but not so much for pure unbridled acceleration.

demi-fiend (shin megami tensei: nocturne)
speed: 9
weight: 7
sound effects: shin megami tensei: nocturne; demi-fiend battle clips

a half-man, and half-demon who survived the conception long enough to partake in kart racing. well, i won't rag on his tastes, i suppose. this absolutely stacked teenager carries a lot of muscle weight, but it gives him a better and more concentrated top speed, though his handling isn't something to behold.

tatsuya suou (persona 2: eternal punishment)
speed: 3
weight: 8
sound effects: shin megami tensei: persona 2 innocent sin (battle)

donning his iconic motorcycle and outfit, tatsuya suou accepts his fate and races into srb2kart! he's as mysterious as ever, but he won't shy away from this challenge. his weight may be on the higher end thanks to his motorcycle, but it results in his acceleration being higher, and gives him more drift sparks.

nadiya (OC)
speed: 3
weight: 4
sound effects: shin megami tensei: persona 2 innocent sin (maya amano)

after she saved hibiki's life, this mysterious woman never seems to disappear from hibiki's line of vision. while she doesn't actually wield her bladed spear in racing, she does have it in her signpost. thankfully, she has better acceleration than hibiki does, but is slightly heavier thanks to her added spear weight, leaving her handling a lot to be desired in other areas.

naoya toudou/boy with earring (persona 1)

speed: 5
weight: 7
sound effects: persona 3: dancing in moonlight (makoto yuki)

i know it wasn't a request, but here's the guy who started one of the most iconic JRPG series of all time! this silent guy is quite powerful with his mid-speed and relatively high weight, giving him a lot of drift sparks and good top speed, but leaving his handling much to be desired.

V1: inital release.
V1.1: graphical update that makes hibiki look much better

V2: changed the pack name because we have a new racer joining, being demi-fiend.

V3: added an entirely new racer with a custom kart, tatsuya suou from the persona 2 duology.

V3.1: due to demand for certain characters (i.e. not hibiki), i've added an additional download for the separated pk3s for each character, and this one will be updated as well as the main pack itself. as well as this, demi-fiend and tatsuya have been given minor graphical updates in a few areas to make them look less rushed. finally, i've solved the error message that displays when you load the file which tells you that there are files loaded with errors, despite still being able to be used.

V4: added another new racer, one of my ocs, the mysterious, but charming nadiya.

V5: almost entirely resprited hibiki to be more...better. the most recent previous one is still kept in the separated zip file for legacy purposes, but they both have the same prefix, so unless you edit the .pk3 in SLADE yourself, you won't be playing as both at the same time.

V5.1: haha imagine having bad voice clips but then having to rerecord them bc of your own insecurities can't relate
serious V5.1 update notes: rerecorded a few of hibiki's voice clips to make them a lot better and a lot less forced.

V6: added naoya from persona 1.

Attachments

• kart0008.gif
    kart0008.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,352
  • kart0009.gif
    kart0009.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,371
  • kart0012.gif
    kart0012.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 2,008
  • kart0015.gif
    kart0015.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,497
  • kart0016.gif
    kart0016.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,115
Last edited:
quick V1.1 update; i've improved hibiki's hair shading to actually...y'know, look like hair.

but what else, you might be asking? well...i might perhaps make this an actual kartpack. i've kind of already started on a few more (not oc) characters for the pack, so look forward to them happening probably sometime.

"Tokyo died...and I was given life.

yessir that is an update you are hearing. hailing from a pretty not normal version of tokyo, the half-man, half demon protagonist of shin megami tensei: nocturne, the demi-fiend, finds his way onto the racetrack, making this an actual official character pack, and renaming this from hibiki.pk3 to silver's character pack!

(.pk3)

"I'll accept my punishment...but, not now!

yes again that is an update now we have yet another shin megami tensei character added to the ranks, this time being the central character from the persona 2 duology, tatsuya suou! instead of a kart, like hibiki or demi-fiend, tatsuya rides in his iconic motorcycle that he is so talented at doing impressions of.

quick little new V3.1 update while i work on another character (another OC unfortunately!). i've given a few graphical touchups to some sprites on tatsuya and demi-fiend, and fixed the "error on filename" message, but most importantly we now have an extra download available for separate pk3s of each character, just in case you want to play as demi-fiend but not have that hibiki guy stinking up your netgames!

listen i'll cut riiiight to the chase here, i've made another new racer! unfortunately, one none of you will recognise. it's my ever bubbly yet mysterious OC, nadiya....no, just nadiya.

that being said, i'm a bit stuck for character ideas at the moment, so if you have suggestions for any characters (besides ocs) leave 'em down here and i'll see what i can do!

You've done some really good work on the SMT characters! My experience with the series is sadly restricted to the Persona games though so I can't really make any suggestions for similar ideas.

"You know, I enjoyed this kart racing crap more than I'm willing to admit to anyone else, Nadiya."
"Hehe, I'm glad you enjoyed it, but why did you bring it up all of a sudden?"
"No reason, I just feel like I need to mention it. Now, time to freshen up a bit...and look a bit better."

an update? but no new character? what is this sorcery, silver?????

yea uh no new characters this time but it is a fully numbered update. why, you ask? well i've felt lately that hibiki hasn't been made as well as i could have made him...so i spruced him up a bit. then that turned into a moderate amount. which turned into a lot. which turned into a full resprite.

yeah, hibiki has an entirely* new set of sprites to give him the look he truly deserves; menacing, uninviting and sad....wait, no he doesn't, nadiya no stop hugging get off him please no he's suffocating

i've kept in the old version in the KC_SilverCharPack-V5_SEPARATED.zip file for legacy purposes, i suppose, but unless you directly edit him in SLADE, you won't be playing as both at the same time.

i told you i was stuck for character ideas

(*lol no he doesnt most of the sprites are just heavily edited to look different but all are edited so that has to count for something)

quíck little version five point one (or is it five dot one? who knows) update that features rerecorded voice clips for hibiki! yay....!

in addition to this i'd also like to announce the next character...but i won't.
"we are no strangers to looooove---"

aight enough with the rickrolls it's not 2016 look the next character will be from the shin megami tensei series unless someone has a suggestion bc hoo boy i will milk that series dry

It slipped my mind before, but how about the official mascot of SMT? Jack Frost is surprisingly not in Kart yet. Hee ho!

Either way I'm looking forward to whatever you're working on next.

I wish I could've made this comment sooner but I really like your sprite work, especially Tatsuya, he looks so good and I love that you put him on the motorcycle, feels so fresh and awesome. The OCs are nice as well. And thank you for making Demi-fiend in kart, that makes me happy to see SMT character(s) in kart. I hope you are doing well and looking forward to your next work, ho!

I wish I could've made this comment sooner but I really like your sprite work, especially Tatsuya, he looks so good and I love that you put him on the motorcycle, feels so fresh and awesome. The OCs are nice as well. And thank you for making Demi-fiend in kart, that makes me happy to see SMT character(s) in kart. I hope you are doing well and looking forward to your next work, ho!

thanks for your support lol, even in this time of "silver is doing literally nothing".
i have been taking on a few different projects and hobbies in the background, and kart kinda fell to the side a bit. howeverrrrrrrr i am considering making another character so stay tuned for that if it ever releases

I just wanted to say I love all the work you did on these characters and It is always nice seeing SMT get love.
and If you're still taking suggestions for Megaten characters
I suggest
Raidou (Devil Summoner)
Atsuro (Devil Survivor)
Maya (Persona 2)
Makoto/Minato (Persona 3)
and Kazuya (Shin Megami Tensei 1)
But either way bro
I look forward to your next work and I hope you're doing well

Last edited:
I just wanted to say I love all the work you did on these characters and It is always nice seeing SMT get love.
and If you're still taking suggestions for Megaten characters
I suggest
Raidou (Devil Summoner)
Atsuro (Devil Survivor)
Maya (Persona 2)
and Kazuya (Shin Megami Tensei 1)
But either way bro
I look forward to your next work and I hope you're doing well

OMG...Raidou please!

the original hero is here...

You should've used the voice lines of Shinji,cuz Naoya and Shinji share the same VA (Grant George)

Last edited:
SilverVortex updated Silver's Racer Pack! [V6.1] with a new update entry:

Version 6.1 release!

hey everyone, long time no see, i haven't been working on the pack for quite a long time due to...other priorities, like lua coding, and pain. however, i did find the time to update the pack a little bit in my absence from the kart community. in this update, version 6.1, hibiki has new voice lines from yuri lowenthal, and has an updated WANT sprite. nothing much else, but i will say that lately i have gained rekindled interest for the kart characters, and have decided to fully remake a few...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back