Resource icon

[Open Assets] ExAI - Extended Behavior for SP Bots 3.0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Wasn't there a Heroes mod for 2.1 or something?
Rings a bell, but I wouldn't know anything about the specifics of it.

She does give me pity shield, but isn't that a bit broken? I mean, I literally can't take damage. Seems OP.

This mod is more of a demonstration on how to create intelligent AI for SRB2. Game balance wasn't exactly the top of my concerns. :p

Switching on the fly just works and I love it.
attachment.php

I even love how Fang just stays far away for his pop gun to work. So when you have to switch to Tails in a situation where you're surrounded by enemies, he'll kill those enemies for you and then return to you so you can fly.

Attachments

• srb20119.gif
    srb20119.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 2,238
Finally! Tails can actually be helpful for once! And a suggestion: could you make it so the A.I can collect rings you've lost, or even can be able to platform by itself? (Without having to rely on the player's input to do it.)

Last edited:
And a suggestion: could you make it so the A.I can collect rings you've lost, or even can be able to platform by itself? (Without having to rely on the player's input to do it.)

To some extent, they already have less dependent movement patterns, but it depends on the context. With the exception of combat, all of the AI's current functions are intended to help the AI stay near the player, and so the AI will use special abilities and attempt to maneuver around terrain if the situation calls for it. Additionally, the AI will attempt to read sector heights to see if they need to jump and/or activate their ability to avoid falling in a pit.

It's not in the cards right now, but if a future patch increases lua functionality for bot scripting, then I may experiment with an AI that is proficient at collecting items.

Wasn't there a Heroes mod for 2.1 or something?
Yeah, but that mod wasn't using the bot's(NPC) system the game provides, in it sense the mod kinda made its own "bots" with a lua that tried to make them pass a NPCs. It uses some sprite told to follow Sonic or whatever, and that only had that behavior (that includes jumping).

I can't seem to figure out what a bot sonic does in this, can you explain what specifically he does here? Like, i cant get him to thok no matter what i do

The Sonic bot uses thok conservatively because the AI isn't yet well equipped to judge whether a huge burst of speed will send the bot careening into the abyss. Sonic will only thok if he is too far away from Player 1, or to avoid falling off of a platform.

Ah, okay. This mod seems really cool, I really hope both this and your momentum mod get put into the vanilla game in say 2.3 or something.

I just found out if you combo this with SpamDash and have a Amy bot on your side, she literally tries to give you her Pity Shield, but ends up shooting into the sky instead. XD

...But then again it's just something I found out in my spare time.

It may be attempting to attack the crawla, while not knowing how to do it.

When scripting Amy and Fang's attack functions, I made special conditions in my "attack the enemy" AI that would cause the character to position themselves optimally and press SPIN at the correct moment to strike enemies. But these checks rely on the character's spin ability being set to CA2_MELEE or CA2_GUNSLINGER. If Werehog's is set to CA2_NONE or CA2_SPINDASH, he will simply attempt to attack enemies as if he was a normal spin character.

I can finally pair sonic with FHMS and get a proper ending to the Sugoi trilogy.

Also Pointy + Fly sonic. THE MEME TEAM IS REAL

I just found out if you combo this with SpamDash and have a Amy bot on your side, she literally tries to give you her Pity Shield, but ends up shooting into the sky instead. XD

...But then again it's just something I found out in my spare time.

I've found Tails does this when I have this and SpamDash (also SpinControl) enabled.
I0r63Wy.gif

I've informed the author of SpamDash and it's worth noting that I use a version of SpamDash which I've edited somewhat but do we have any idea why that mod causes this mod's AI to bork while you're rolling?

Last edited:
do we have any idea why that mod causes this mod's AI to bork while you're rolling?
It's been a while since I looked at my original writing, but it may be the case that Tails is trying to copy Sonic's spin move, and the way it does this IIRC is by registering the spin input every other frame, so that each input will properly register as a "button pressed" rather than a "button held". This was acceptable behavior with the vanilla spin functionality, since pressing or releasing spin while already in the spin state had no consequences. But with the mod you loaded, it causes Tails to rapidly spin and unspin so long as Sonic is spinning.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back