Your "WTF" moments in Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically i was playing Sonic Unleashed,and on Rooftop Run for some reason an Egg Fighter hurted me... I was boosting.

Pokèmon White
I'm fighting a battle against Grimsley (Dark-type Elite 4) using a Special-sweeper Mewtwo (252 SPA, 252 SPD, 4 HP). I use Nasty Plot 3 times to max the Special Attack to its absolute limit, then pummel his mons on by one with Aura Sphere (Fighting-type Special-class attack, never misses) for 2x damage due to type advantage.

He sends out his Bisharp (Dark/Steel combo) and my Mewtwo is on his final 32 HP, one hit from anything SHOULD drop it. I launch Aura Sphere one last time for 4x damage. (double Type advantage) and the Bisharp survives in the red somehow. cue my WTF as it uses Aerial Ace (Flying-type Physical-class, never misses) and KOs the Level 100 Perfected-stats Mewtwo.

I bounced back and used my Emboar's Low Sweep to finish it off next round.

I was playing "Super Mario Sunshine" years ago, starting everything from scratch. Basically a new game. Plane crashes, there is the goo mess, blah, blah, blah. After the cut scene with F.L.U.D.D. I tried to shoot water after filling up and it didn't shoot. The Mario is animated as if he is shooting, but nothing else is happening.

You guys can call it a bug or a glitch or whatever, but that is one WTF moment in gaming I'll never forget. It still does that to this very day!

I was in Sonic Generations in rooftop run, and while boosting, one of the blue robots hurt me. Strange...

I was playing Sonic Generations, I die in Mecha Sonic's rival mode. After I die when the game reloads Sonic is standing on a background pipe (2d angle) and he jumps off of it and kicks Mecha Sonic just like in the winning cutscene. After so my screen goes white and the music doesn't stop playing. This glitch has been reported before but for me that was a "OMG WTF JUST HAPPEND!!!" moment.

While playing Rayman 2, I was on the level Iron Mountains just before the Pirate Mines part and I was riding on a Walking Shell when suddenly I fall through the floor and the sky turned white. I did die though three seconds afterwards so I didn't loose any progress.

EDIT: Also, a "WTF Moment" happened last year while I was playing Sonic Advance. Luckily, I got a video of it: http://youtu.be/dT8G0zpELWE

Last edited:
Me on Sonic Adventure 2 stuck on the Mystic Melody animation. I could never replicate it again. But it was definitely a moment "WTF".

Pokémon Yellow: If you don't turn off a certain gameshark code, and you go to battle a trainer, instead of battling the Pokémon, the Trainer fights you! ...WTF

Pokèmon White
I'm fighting a battle against Grimsley (Dark-type Elite 4) using a Special-sweeper Mewtwo (252 SPA, 252 SPD, 4 HP). I use Nasty Plot 3 times to max the Special Attack to its absolute limit, then pummel his mons on by one with Aura Sphere (Fighting-type Special-class attack, never misses) for 2x damage due to type advantage.

He sends out his Bisharp (Dark/Steel combo) and my Mewtwo is on his final 32 HP, one hit from anything SHOULD drop it. I launch Aura Sphere one last time for 4x damage. (double Type advantage) and the Bisharp survives in the red somehow. cue my WTF as it uses Aerial Ace (Flying-type Physical-class, never misses) and KOs the Level 100 Perfected-stats Mewtwo.

I bounced back and used my Emboar's Low Sweep to finish it off next round.

Uhhhhh, what?!?

I was trying to follow what you were saying, but seeing as I've never played Pokemon, I kinda got lost.

Back on track:

My worst gaming moment was when I was battling a faction on a minecraft faction server, and I was kicking their butt because I had a full suit of diamond enchanted armor. So one of their little n00b cronies comes at me with a stone sword, and I start to beat his behind. But then I lagged and floated up into the air in slow motion, and he kept hitting me until I lagged out and died. The thing that was outrageous about this story is the fact that a total n00b pwned me because of lag and got my stuff.

maxresdefault.jpg

A WTF moment happened while playing Mega Man 2 for the 1st time (THE 1ST TIME! Not like 2 days ago more like... 6 YEARS ago!) I was in Heat Man's Stage and had already beaten :-

Metal Man
Bubble Man
Air Man (I CAN defeat Airman!)
and Flash Man

As such, I already had Item-2 so I could naturally complete the level easily. Though when I enter the boss arena, I jump and shoot Bubble Lead as SOON as he shoots out his 1st 3 Atomic Fire. This glitch is very well known, but for those who DON'T know about it, I glitched the game and a "door" at Heat Man's side of the boss arena opened and I was suddenly warped to a glitchy version of Dr. Wily Stage 1 (Skull Castle Exterior) where invisible things kept hitting me. Naturally I was like "WHAT THE FFFFF?"

Today Steam decided to give me 19 -20% vouchers for train simulator.

I think someone really wants me to buy this game.

My worst gaming moment was when I was battling a faction on a minecraft faction server, and I was kicking their butt because I had a full suit of diamond enchanted armor. So one of their little n00b cronies comes at me with a stone sword, and I start to beat his behind. But then I lagged and floated up into the air in slow motion, and he kept hitting me until I lagged out and died. The thing that was outrageous about this story is the fact that a total n00b pwned me because of lag and got my stuff.

Lagged and floated in the air in slow motion?
Sounds more like he was hacking to win, but that's just what I think.

Once in Pokemon White 2, I was walking on the road to wherever it goes again in Seaside Cave, when I suddenly found a shiny Golduck.

But that's not the weird part... a few minutes/hours later, I went into the eastern entrance of Giant Chasm, only to find out I can't go any further yet. So, I turned and walked back to the entrance... and I encountered a shiny Clefairy! I was, of course, baffled at the fact that I encountered two shiny Pokemon on the same day.

I wonder if anyone else had this kind of luck.

One of my wtf moments was when I was playing SRB2. I was in the final Special Stage, and I had thought I collected them all. But NOPE, I missed a few, and I had already run out of time.

*sigh*

I was playing Ocarina of Time (3D) for the first time. I found my first huge rupee, but my wallet was full. Immediately after that I stepped into a nearby house, talked to some spiders, and got two wallet upgrades. Face. Palm.

Another one, this time in Sonic Lost World for the Wii U. It was in Frozen Factory, in the third level, I was trying to get a Red Ring in a pinball section of the level. All of a sudden, the screen just turned white, like the light just, consumed the screen or something! I was able to pause the game and return to the world map, and everything was just fine.

In Sonic Lost World (3DS, and this sorta is more like a why...), why the bosses are so easy, BUT, my real WTF moment in that game, is when i went up against Zeena(dunno know spelled), I really had NO fricken idea what to do...at first

This thread has always been rather poor, but at this point people aren't even posting responses that belong, so it's time to kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back