Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one problem with this mod:
The character doesn't seem to show up once they're added to the game.
Is anybody else having this problem, or is it just me doing something wrong?

Oh no, i don't like this homing thok AT ALL. It completely halts his momentum, when the hover actually let him maintain it. Please consider reverting it back to the downward hover in the next update. Oh, and have him in a spinball like i suggested. I think that would make it even more distinct from metal's than it already is. Actually, homing thok can stay, but perhaps consider relegating it to one of the custom buttons. Oh, and revert his acceleration back to the way it was. I evidently was mistaken in thinking it would make him more fun and balanced, now hes just kinda boring and frustrating.
Sorry if im a bit abrasive with these suggestions, I just see a lot of potential in him and i want to give my two cents on how to improve him

EDIT: Ok, just one more thing: let him enter peelout from low speeds rather than having to be standing still

Last edited:
Oh no, i don't like this homing thok AT ALL. It completely halts his momentum, when the hover actually let him maintain it. Please consider reverting it back to the downward hover in the next update. Oh, and have him in a spinball like i suggested. I think that would make it even more distinct from metal's than it already is. Actually, homing thok can stay, but perhaps consider relegating it to one of the custom buttons. Oh, and revert his acceleration back to the way it was. I evidently was mistaken in thinking it would make him more fun and balanced, now hes just kinda boring and frustrating.
Sorry if im a bit abrasive with these suggestions, I just see a lot of potential in him and i want to give my two cents on how to improve him

EDIT: Ok, just one more thing: let him enter peelout from low speeds rather than having to be standing still

Maybe he could make the homing attack similar to Neo's where it homes into the enemy and bounces off it smoothly. Thus keeping it's momentum

Maybe he could make the homing attack similar to Neo's where it homes into the enemy and bounces off it smoothly. Thus keeping it's momentum
Unfortunately, Neo Sonic's LUA is not to be re-used or copied and I respect that. So, I will figure out how to create a smoother homing thok myself.

It's been a while since I've booted this up, admittedly. But how do you play as him? I am inserting him in via the addons folder and he's not available at player select.

Okay, this is driving me up the wall. I've tried repeatedly to load this addon, but it isn't selectable at the character menu, in the multiplayer menu, anywhere. How is everyone else getting this working?

Mecha loading gif....

Okay, this is driving me up the wall. I've tried repeatedly to load this addon, but it isn't selectable at the character menu, in the multiplayer menu, anywhere. How is everyone else getting this working?

Do you have the latest version of the wad (1.2), and the latest version of the game (2.2.2)?

Attachments

• Mecha.gif
    Mecha.gif
    7.4 MB · Views: 441

So I retested this addon to make sure it wasn't bugged and it loaded in for me fine. So I'm going to ask a probably dumb question: is your game fully updated?

Could you send a gif or record a video of what you're doing so we can try and see what's going wrong?

I mean, literally all I'm doing is going to "addons," selecting the wad, and going to the character select screen, and he's not there.

I mean, literally all I'm doing is going to "addons," selecting the wad, and going to the character select screen, and he's not there.

Could I ask which characters you have unlocked? Cause apparently the character has "availability = 3" in it's S_SKIN, which means you'd have to unlock every character to be able to play them.

You should try your hand at the other variants as well, this is pretty good.

Last edited:
Gameplay-wise, looks accurate to S3K. Good Job :D

But the sprites are really aesthethically unpleasing.

I remember an old Mecha Sonic floating around from 2.0 or even earlier.

I don't say get permission to that, but maybe refer to that to update the sprites? Right now it's kind of an eye sore

Edit: Front/Back spin animation in particular. It's practically an oval with lines moving up

Gameplay-wise, looks accurate to S3K. Good Job :D

But the sprites are really aesthethically unpleasing.

I remember an old Mecha Sonic floating around from 2.0 or even earlier.

I don't say get permission to that, but maybe refer to that to update the sprites? Right now it's kind of an eye sore

Edit: Front/Back spin animation in particular. It's practically an oval with lines moving up
The mod author has said they were working on newer sprites

Mecha Sonic was updated! check the changelog for more info.
(psst, new sprites are in progress!)

I am patiently waiting to see Mecha in his S3&K glory

am i the only one fearing the character?
In which way? He was supposed to be a major antagonist in Sonic & Knuckles.

I like the idea of having two different interpretations of a "roboticized" Sonic in the series (one who is about speed with a rocket booster while the other is about strength with the spikes and lasers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back