Dragonball Z - The Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super mystic sonic

The Golden Blur
Dragonball Z, the probably most well known anime EVER, and a sequel to it's lil' brother Dragonball! Famous characters like Goku and Vegeta apeared, and transformations with superpowers, flight and some crazy ways to use energy are now a new standard to everyone's imagination out here!

DragonBallZ-GokuSonVSFrieza.jpg

There are people that say Dragonball is overrated, it takes ages for anything to happen, there are plot holes galore, the characters look and sound like they're giving birth, the lines are way too cheesy, and that it's overall much too repetive.

But the fans love it either how, and will hardly get enough. Seeing Goku go Super Saiyan or even Super Saiyan 3 will always be an awesome thing to see for them, or him firing the mighty Kamehameha! Why would that be, huh? Games like the Budokai Tenkaichi series are still raging popular, and DBZ games like Raging Blast and Burst Limit keep being produced despite that the actual anime and manga development quit going a long time ago.

What say you? Fan or ban?

Dragonball z or GT it must be a Episode, I have seen this episode on A Channal but its done.

But Majin Buu is defeated by SSJ3 goku.

Last edited:
Dragonball z or GT it must be a Episode, I have seen this episode on A Channal but its done.

But Majin Buu is defeated by SSJ3 goku.

If you mean Kid Buu, then yes, he is defeated by Goku.

I loved DragonBall ever since I was little. I could never get enough of it. Every episode that has went live and repeated, I've seen, that goes for both shows, Dragonball and Dragonball Z.

I can understand many people say it's overrated, and I can understand many people say it's awesome and such. I, for one, would like to say I love this anime and it's plots.

I'm in the midst of going through all the episodes of the original Dragon Ball. It's a brilliant piece of work and thoroughly entertaining; I'd say its praise is well warranted.

I never really got into Dragon Ball Z, though, and I'm not sure if I'll really want to after I finish watching all of DB. Filler content and minutes of extended nothingness aside, I'm concerned that the sequel will throw away the color of the world presented in the original and its interesting characters, in favor of intense conflicts and contests to see who can reach the highest power level.

Goku is a super saiyan From vegeta planet when his father bardock died, it is simple.

When goku Transform into oozaru he became Super saiyan 4 in Dragonball GT..

But i can tell you Dragonball AF does not excist because I dont know when goku is going to transform into super saiyan 5.

Last edited:
Goku is a super saiyan From vegeta planet when his father bardock died, it is simple.

When goku Transform into oozaru he became Super saiyan 4 in Dragonball GT..

But i can tell you Dragonball AF does not excist because I dont know when goku is going to transform into super saiyan 5.

Your sentence is somewhat flawed. Goku is a Sayain from Planet Vegeta. When his father died, he was already being sent to Earth.

And I said flawed because there are errors and I don't clearly understand what you are trying to state. Sorry.

Your sentence is somewhat flawed. Goku is a Sayain from Planet Vegeta. When his father died, he was already being sent to Earth.

And I said flawed because there are errors and I don't clearly understand what you are trying to state. Sorry.

Hmmm? I still dont get it and yes Goku was sent to earth to meet Gohan, his Grandfather whanted Goku to see Master Roshi. When Goku whent to see Bulma and that bad guy who team up as a friend with Goku was Yamcha and Tien and Chiaotzu then piccolo.

These guys are in a friendship team and they will never lose a life From the Dragonball and those senzu beans.

Last edited:
Although I can understand why many people don't like it, for me, it's just plain fun to watch :P Nothing very deep or thought provoking, but that's not what it was meant to be. It's a fun anime fight fest :P I think Frieza Saga was the best, cell was great and had some awesome moments, and anything after was nowhere near as good.

Probably because Akira Toriyama was actually planning on ending with Frieza - the amalgamation of what he envisioned as a monster. But the fans wanted more, and I don't blame them. That's all xD

DBZ is mindless entertainment. The main problem is that it's slow as hell at anything happening. Everyone remembers those "5 minutes" until Namek explodes that somehow took up multiple episodes. If DBZ was just fight scenes instead of dramatic music and the opposing sides staring at each other, looking constipated, it would be far better.

Of course, in middle school I didn't know any better and loved it, introducing me to anime in general. I have to give it credit for being appealing to their target audience, young males.

DBZ is mindless entertainment. The main problem is that it's slow as hell at anything happening. Everyone remembers those "5 minutes" until Namek explodes that somehow took up multiple episodes.

I believe it took about a good 10 episodes for it to happen. Pretty cool fight though.

I like the DBZ series for its brain-rotting entertainment. Sure nothing ever gets done half the time; but when something does get done, it's pretty damn cool.

Ahhh.... Nostalgia! DBZ (and digimon) is my childhood in a nutshell! Sooo awesome! (Slow as hell but awesome!)
Also, the manga is far superior to the anime! Everything goes on faster on the manga version!
(OH and dragonball was better then DBZ!)

Probably because Akira Toriyama was actually planning on ending with Frieza - the amalgamation of what he envisioned as a monster. But the fans wanted more, and I don't blame them. That's all xD

Actually, he wanted to end the series in the Red Ribbon Army saga of Dragon Ball. Oh, and yes, there is a new "series" coming to some new station, but it's just an "HD" version of the show, with less filler too.

Actually, he wanted to end the series in the Red Ribbon Army saga of Dragon Ball. Oh, and yes, there is a new "series" coming to some new station, but it's just an "HD" version of the show, with less filler too.

You speak of Nicktoons. It's coming in May

When I was younger, (probably 4, 5, or a little older) I used to love DBZ. But a while after DBZ Budokai Tenki-blah 3, I lost intrest due to no other stories after DBGT. There was some epic battles THAT LASTED TOO LONG, but there wasn't much besides fighting and a bit of drama. That's it.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

DBZ is mindless entertainment. The main problem is that it's slow as hell at anything happening. Everyone remembers those "5 minutes" until Namek explodes that somehow took up multiple episodes. If DBZ was just fight scenes instead of dramatic music and the opposing sides staring at each other, looking constipated, it would be far better.

I totally agree with you Mystic, most fights usually took up mutiple episodes, wasting the audience's time. Panting and 1 little combo, then thinking like ''He's.. so strong!'' ''I better give him all I got!''. Some anime do the same thing like the Naruto series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back