Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More slightly original maps heading your way!

Ai46Q.png

Feyjt.png
Something isn't right here...

Hey guys.

Here's a preview of a map I worked on while I had no internet until SRB2 crapped out on me.

Just to let you know: It's small, much more fast-paced, and easier to locate where you are.

Frantic Forest Zone.

(Unoriginal name!)

iaza19343631692200.png

iaza19343655372200.png

iaza19343674867700.png

I haven't submitted it yet, but I might add more rings or something.

Hopefully I'll be the only CTF map maker, that way I won't have to worry about losing.

Hopefully I'll be the only CTF map maker, that way I won't have to worry about losing.

I'm sorry. :<

Incomplete CTF level of mine.

EDIT: Won't be entering it in the next OLDC. I have other plans for it as well as 5 other of my maps.

Last edited:
srb20026.png

srb20027.png

PAY ATTENTION TO MY CTF MAP SCREENSHOTS AMIDST ALL THE OTHER CTF MAP SCREENSHOTS

*cough*

Very early WIP compared to what the others are posting. I just felt like continuing the string of "post screenshots of your CTF map to discourage ThunderNova".

Last edited:
What's with this sudden trend to CTF maps? I mean, it's cool considering how lack the CTF division has been in the last two years, but I'm still kinda puzzled. Anyway, continue.

What's with this sudden trend to CTF maps? I mean, it's cool considering how lack the CTF division has been in the last two years, but I'm still kinda puzzled. Anyway, continue.

hey guys, i'm also entering the ctf division

Nothing to show yet, but I'm still drawing up concepts. Might be another MGZ-themed level

Well, SRB2DB managed to screw me over and corrupt my WAD again...

I might not enter the next division due to that irritating issue.

Updated my map a little.

Not sure why.

iaza19343647215400.png

[Hint: Those little parts of the trees are higher than the rest for a reason.]

Last edited:
You can use whatever map number you want, because when Mystic compiles all entries into one file, he'll need to change the map numbers anyway. But for the record, MAPR1 is correct.

I'm sorry, I will be entering, much like the people who preceded me and who have already given you their apologies.

68cuue.jpg

2cxer5t.jpg

Very much a work in progress, the map is only two days old right now! Thing placement isn't even started, just like the bases.

EDIT: also curse yooooou, non-standard resolution :<

Next contest entry: Molten Mountain.

No. No screenshots. I'm going to try and get away from my frustrating/gargoyle pushing puzzles on this one. So it'll probably just be straight platforming with a few small puzzles on the side. small as the 'bust ice block to freeze river' just like in SIZ. This will include unique mapping and break the limit on SRB2 just like I have done to my past 3 maps. Just won't be as frustrating. And yes... I'm breaking my formula for the sake of my map getting fairly good scores from each player. Beginner to advanced. My goal for this is to get an average above 8. Because I want one too. Blade's been hogging the top score board too long. ;)

And sorry, I won't be able to enter it in time for the upcoming contest due to my computer problems.

*snip*

A match level I'm going to submit. Nothing special.

First image: First off, the "trunks" or "logs" have a weird floor texture. Also, that section itself looks pretty barren.

Second image: Only complaint here is those little placeholder textures on the platform-esque, for loss of a better word, "object", because I'm assuming it's supposed to be an object of some sort, like a crashed ship. Otherwise, it looks nice.

Second image: Only complaint here is those little placeholder textures on the platform-esque, for loss of a better word, "object", because I'm assuming it's supposed to be an object of some sort, like a crashed ship. Otherwise, it looks nice.

I think you mean the truck? People not being able to tell what that is, is a really bad sign :S

I think you mean the truck? People not being able to tell what that is, is a really bad sign :S

To make it look more like a truck, perhaps you should build it out of FOFs and not have anything under it, the ground underneath the truck is a bit confusing and makes it hard to tell what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back