• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Zero The Gravity Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netosilvagames

Pure of Heart, Dumb of Ass
Zero the Gravity Breaker is a idea i had in a place nobody wants to know (this may sound weird but i was at the bathroom looking at a wall if you want to know lol)
Basically it's a cool character with wack skills.
Here's a description of the character:

Zero can use his abilities to break the laws of physics and gravity!, he can go anywhere with his gravity breaker powers!

Ability: Ground Switch
To switch ground you need to get close to the "walls", jump, and press custom 1 to change ground gravity, this only applies to Zero, The enemies will still have the normal gravity
Holding enemies in medium range!
Get at least into a medium range from the enemy and press Custom 2 so he will drag the enemies!
You can drag 5 enemies.
Speed Dash
Same as Metal Sonic, Reaching a good speed will activate his speed dash skills and make him invincible.

(it's more finished than the actual visual concept of the character lmao! also wackier than the visual i'm thinking of)

Here's the concept drawings for it, it sucks but still a good beginning for a whole new character for SRB2!
20200713_201301.jpg

Sorry for the blurry stuff, my phone camera isn't that good :/

You are free to give me suggestions or ideas, and a feedback if you want to.

If you read this, i wish you a good time.

Everytime i show my stuff when i'm in a new place i feel cringe, but that's normal for me!

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

By the way, sorry if i posted this in the wrong place!

Last edited:
The concept sounds good, but the creation would need a lot of work, i will give you good luck for that.

The concept sounds good, but the creation would need a lot of work, i will give you good luck for that.

Yep, specially because i'm a newbie and what his main skill is, breaking the gravity, i suck at programming but a little tutorial should push the bit of my skills, And thank you!

So, About the scripting of his ground switch ability, I got a idea, remember the race against metal sonic?
There's a gravity thing that pushes you up and pushes you down on the map, with that, i got a idea of making neon lights onto his helmet to indicate certain gravity that is pulling him down (His Ground Switch Ability)

I'm in a serious BRUH MOMENT RIGHT NOW all because of a character oml

I could use the egg rock act 1 codes (and obviously needing permission to use if needed) so i could make his main skill.
srb20000.gif

Last edited:
I could use the egg rock act 1 codes (and obviously needing permission to use if needed) so i could make his main skill.
ERZ uses linedefs to make that gravity-flipping section, and thus isn't Lua-based. Chances are that you're just overthinking it. You could probably get away with using gravity checks by putting the following lines in your code:
Code:
if (player.mo.eflags & MFE_VERTICALFLIP) then
    -- Do stuff.

end
You could also make the ability time-based using either A_GravityBox or A_CustomPower, which will effectively cancel out the reverse gravity.

ERZ uses linedefs to make that gravity-flipping section, and thus isn't Lua-based. Chances are that you're just overthinking it. You could probably get away with using gravity checks by putting the following lines in your code:
Code:
if (player.mo.eflags & MFE_VERTICALFLIP) then
    -- Do stuff.

end
You could also make the ability time-based using either A_GravityBox or A_CustomPower, which will effectively cancel out the reverse gravity.

Damn dude, thanks alot for the help! (even though i don't understand lua codes very much but atleast it's one step further)

Lol no sprites and scripting yet, i'm doing a very slow process on this character, since i was punished before just for a dumb little thing, i got back into drawing the final design of zero, this should be the final design.
20200821_182628.jpg

The lines on his helmet goes to his back, and that, will indicate his gravity. (i still have no idea for the colors but yeah this is it lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back