The Forum and Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjsec4ever

The Reason Angels Die
Seems that by searching for things via Google that lead to here, the board doesn't load AT ALL. Any reason why?

Before asking about browser specs, I am using Firefox 29 RC1 (beta).

It just doesn't work for me at all, Puppy.
What I'd have to do is remove the Google portions of the URL and re-add the symbols. For some odd reason, Firefox hates the %__'s.
For example, the following link is what Google yields when going to THIS page:
Code:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmb.srb2.org%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D750959&ei=go9hU4D9MMOwsATDyYBI&usg=AFQjCNEr-1S2R87W0jP3CnYORrJ4mFIfsA&sig2=T7QKzNBdGIlH3Eaez6yMeQ

Your link (and other srb2 board places via google) works fine for me in Chrome Version 34.0.1847.131 m, Firefox 23.0.1, Firefox 28.0, and Firefox 29.0 ("Chromefox" :/), all on Windows 7.

Sometimes when I first load the forum it takes a long time and then fails, giving a "database error" or some other message. But if I try again half a minute later the forum loads fine. This occurs with Firefox and with Chrome, and only with this forum. I can't remember if it occurs with srb2.org, or only with mb.srb2.org.

Sometimes when I first load the forum it takes a long time and then fails, giving a "database error" or some other message. But if I try again half a minute later the forum loads fine. This occurs with Firefox and with Chrome, and only with this forum. I can't remember if it occurs with srb2.org, or only with mb.srb2.org.

I have the exact same problem, although, I have to wait more than half a minute to load the page again. Sometimes, it won't load even if I try an hour later.

It happens with both srb2.org and mb.srb2.org, even the wiki sometimes.

Seems that by searching for things via Google that lead to here, the board doesn't load AT ALL. Any reason why?

Before asking about browser specs, I am using Firefox 29 RC1 (beta).
I think it might be outdated, because I'm using Firefox 29.0. You might wanna go check your browser for any updates.

I've been having the same issue with the site for a while now as well, so I assume something is wrong with the server and not you.

I use Google Chrome and Safari, and lately the site has been taking FOREVER to load... Although it does eventually load.

I've been having the same issue with the site for a while now as well, so I assume something is wrong with the server and not you.
it's a side effect of the DNSBL pulgin to block people from tor network.

While it's checking the blacklist servers, it will hold up the page from loading. once it get a clear from all the blacklist server, or one hit, it will load the page, than it will cache the whitelist or blacklist result for 6 hours.
If you load may pages of the MB at once, all of them will try to do the blacklist check without an cached answer, and all but one of page will fail to load because one of the other pages wrote to the blacklist answer before the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back